X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    I meant 2001 as worst team I mixed up DiPietro season. I didn’t realize 2014 had only 10 wins that’s hard to believe
    That team had a lot of players that weren't D-1 caliber.

And Rodrigues had only 10 points, I think. Then he racked up over 60 with Eichel the next year.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• This idiot just used his timeout five minutes into the 2nd with the lead??

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        This idiot just used his timeout five minutes into the 2nd with the lead??
        Fourth line was on the ice a LONG time. Not a situation where you can afford to have the game get tied.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Fourth line was on the ice a LONG time. Not a situation where you can afford to have the game get tied.
          Really? I would imagine a worse time to give up a goal would be at the end of the 3rd. 35 minutes left in the game is a worse time to give up a goal??

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            Really? I would imagine a worse time to give up a goal would be at the end of the 3rd. 35 minutes left in the game is a worse time to give up a goal??
            Yeah but you can't think that way. You don't have the benefit of hindsight. If they give up a goal there everyone will say "Why didn't he use his timeout?" Yes it's tough to use it that early but I've certainly seen it done many times in the NHL...

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              What does this mean? That because they managed to beat a ****ty UConn team in OT that somehow the previous two and a half hours of utter and absolute **** doesn't matter?
              It means that was a ridiculously stupid statement. Quinn has more hockey knowledge in his little toe than anyone on this board could hope to learn in their lifetime.

But you obviously have an axe to grind... don’t let me stop you.

Comment

So we get BC?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  So we get BC?
                  With the top 4 seeds advancing, yes. Frankly, I think BC is a better matchup for BU than NU or PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    With the top 4 seeds advancing, yes. Frankly, I think BC is a better matchup for BU than NU or PC.
                    I agree. Looks like we have the 8:00 game.... if CHN is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      So we get BC?
                      Yup. Northeastern/Providence in the (presumably) early game. Unless Jerry York somehow wants to play the 5pm game for the 'extra rest'.

Comment

• Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                        Yup. Northeastern/Providence in the (presumably) early game. Unless Jerry York somehow wants to play the 5pm game for the 'extra rest'.
                        NESN is in charge, not Jerry York.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          I agree. Looks like we have the 8:00 game.... if CHN is correct.
                          Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                          Nope, BU has the early game according to Hockey East. CHN probably automatically fills in the brackets initially.

Comment

But don't you think this year Northeastern is a bigger draw??? I do. I hate hate hate that every time BU is a 1 or a 4 and should be playing the early game, NESN pushes the game to the nightcap. And why is it the few times BU is a 1 or a 4, they always seem to play BC???

ETA: Yay!! Thanks Tater.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              NESN is in charge, not Jerry York.
                              I thought it was the top seed choice for this tournament?

Comment

Good. The #1 seed should get the early game.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X