X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    According to Quinn quote in Freep article, everyone (not Greenway obviously) is available except for Harper. Harper still day-to-day (illness). So Carpenter and Krys should be playing.
    Glad on Bobo - he took a solid hit just before Amonte's goal, which may be why he was questionable even though he had come back after the earlier injury.

Harper must really be hurting. I started wondering if either he had something more serious (a la Baillargeon - Mono) or not illness related at all (see Roberto, Nick), but hopefully it is just a really bad case of the flu - we know it's out there.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Even when you guys were racking up the Ls I tried pointing out the ridiculously easy schedule 2nd half of the year. I saw this coming. Based on that I still have no idea if BU is any good. I'd be pretty surprised if they came away with all 10 points from the remaining league games though. Probably a slip up in there somewhere. UConn and Vermont playing better lately. At Merrimack not always the easiest of games.
      I also have not idea how good we actually are. But we are finding ways to win games, which is sort of the opposite of what we were doing earlier in the year.

I agree that 10 points is unlikely. But certainly doable if they can stay focused.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        On a side note, apparently we would be 8th in the PWR right now if we hadn't stupidly tied UConn, blew our 7 out of final 10 minutes of PP time last month against PC, and beaten UMass-Lowell instead of losing 3-2 in a game that I thought we outplayed them in.
        This is an interesting post. If there was one game we could change the outcome of one game this year, which would it be? Mine would be Denver. Would have taken that point and run with it. Instead, they coughed up the game with, what was it, 16 seconds to go? I think they would have had a shot at winning that game in OT the way they were playing. Not sure if it would've made a hill of beans in the long run, but I do think getting that tie or winning in OT would have helped them mentally over the course of the early season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          According to Quinn quote in Freep article, everyone (not Greenway obviously) is available except for Harper. Harper still day-to-day (illness). So Carpenter and Krys should be playing.
          Tonight's line-up has seven freshman forwards. With Bobo at center, face off results should improve.
          Tkachuk-Carpenter-Melanson
          Cockerill-Bowers-Crone
          Farrance-Amonte-Curry
          Chabot-Phelps-Witkowski
          Hickey-Fabbro
          Kotkansalo-Krys
          Diffley-MacLeod
          Oettinger
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• We're not on tv tonight, right? Why are we cleaning the ice at every whistle?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              We're not on tv tonight, right? Why are we cleaning the ice at every whistle?
              Game is on ESPN3 (point being, since it's a potential "national audience" the commercial breaks are considerably longer than when the game is just on BU TV)
              Last edited by chickod; 02-09-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• This team stopped functioning as soon as they scored their 3rd goal. It took ****ing away the game to wake them up.

Comment

What happened to patriot league tv??
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The blog is at capacity?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      What happened to patriot league tv??
                      Good question. I spent the whole night waiting for the stream to stop buffering. The OT was great. I saw DQ standing behind the bench at the beginning of the OT and the stream resumed with three seconds left in the game. Wonderful...

Comment

ok. so I watched this team for the first time since early season. Have they been this frustrating to watch all season?

Comment

And while we're at it that pretty much kills any chance for this team to do anything this year. Monday won't matter now. No way this team gets to the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                            ok. so I watched this team for the first time since early season. Have they been this frustrating to watch all season?
                            Yes

Comment

bc and pc can win in OT. nu bit the pipe at home. Chances to move up by the wayside.

Comment

• Absolute ****ing pathetic garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X