X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BC won the league without a dominant line and player like NU has. It should be York all day long but he never seems to win so you could end up being right. Or they'll share it.

ROTY is a little tougher because you are comparing different positions. Because of that I think Primeau and Hutsko will share that one. Hutsko was a PPG player in league play, far and away ahead of the next closest guy at .83. His PPG clip also had him tied with Greenway and Foley...only behind the big three from NU. If there was someone close to Hutsko I would say Primeau alone.
    If one thinks of the ROY as the MVP of the freshman class, the award should go to Primeau. His dominance in goal has complimented an improving defense and a strong offense and has meant far more to his NU team than Hutsko's contribution has meant to BC's offense (although some of his goals have been very timely) . The clincher is the fact that Primeau's GAA was more than 0ne full goal better than his predecessor and teammate Ryan Ruck. The difference has been a massive factor in NU's success,

Comment

Hutsko has a fairly big edge over his next closest competitor at the forward position, it's just very difficult to compare goalie to forward. I'm certainly not gonna complain if Primeau wins it, I just think this is a case where we will see a share. Having watched Hutsko down the stretch, he is the only game changing forward that BC has. You're severely underestimating the impact he has had on the entire team.

Comment

Going back to COTY...with the unbalanced schedule here are the teams BC and NU played three times:

BC: Providence, UConn, Maine, Lowell
        NU: Lowell, Vermont, Merrimack, UNH

Comment

Hutsko has a fairly big edge over his next closest competitor at the forward position, it's just very difficult to compare goalie to forward. I'm certainly not gonna complain if Primeau wins it, I just think this is a case where we will see a share. Having watched Hutsko down the stretch, he is the only game changing forward that BC has. You're severely underestimating the impact he has had on the entire team.
          I guess since you have mentioned sharing ROY that this has happened before. I do seem to remember it has but my memory is fuzzy on this. And for that matter, are we overlooking Makar? Hard to quantify defensemen.

ETA: It has, but not since 1992. http://hockeyeastonline.com/pdf/web1...n/9.%20RoY.pdf
          Last edited by Tater; 03-15-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            I guess since you have mentioned sharing ROY that this has happened before. I do seem to remember it has but my memory is fuzzy on this. And for that matter, are we overlooking Makar? Hard to quantify defensemen.
            I'm glad you brought him up. Back when I first looked at everything I thought his own teammate was right there with him, Ferraro. I didn't think there was a big enough gap between how the two had performed.

As for the sharing part, I don't have any specific examples but I think it's something the league ends up doing a bit. Even situations where they take 4 forwards on the all-rookie team.

Comment

And this isn't just a pro BC thing for me. For example, Michael Kim has had a better year than Casey Fitzgerald. But Fitzgerald won best defensive dman. Probably should have gone to Bryson of PC. Or is there a separate aware for best overall dman?

Comment

Even situations where they take 4 forwards on the all-rookie team.
                This season Hockey East named five forwards, one defenseman and two goalies on the women's all rookie team.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

So York gets it. Finalists: Madigan and Cavanaugh. Surprised that Cavanaugh was a finalist. I guess not many teams surpassed expectations this year? Unless they absolutely had to have 3, I would have just left it at York and Finalist Madigan. Really no one else close to those two this year IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    So York gets it. Finalists: Madigan and Cavanaugh. Surprised that Cavanaugh was a finalist. I guess not many teams surpassed expectations this year? Unless they absolutely had to have 3, I would have just left it at York and Finalist Madigan. Really no one else close to those two this year IMO.
                    I think they usually do three. Based on preseason predictions I guess it would be Cav, Gendron or Carvel.

Comment

I think they usually do three. Based on preseason predictions I guess it would be Cav, Gendron or Carvel.
                      I would have picked Gendron long before Cavanaugh.

Comment

Cav did end up doing a pretty good job getting UConn to 5th but I would agree Gendron probably deserved that last spot.

Comment

Cav did end up doing a pretty good job getting UConn to 5th but I would agree Gendron probably deserved that last spot.
                          Don't tell the Maine people that. A good percentage of them want him gone!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Don't tell the Maine people that. A good percentage of them want him gone!
                            what else is new? they seem a mostly miserable bunch living in the past.

Comment

Anyone know if they are wearing the candy cane jerseys tonight or the 50s throwbacks

National
                              Organization of
                              Men
                              Against
                              Amazonian
                              Masterhood

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                what else is new? they seem a mostly miserable bunch living in the past.
                                The same could be said for some BU posters.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X