X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Hey kids, it’s game day!!
    AND if Mookie wanted tonwatch, it would cost him $$$
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Hey kids, it’s game day!!
      Prediction on attendance tonight and tomorrow? I'll go with ~2,400 tonight and ~2,700 tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        Prediction on attendance tonight and tomorrow? I'll go with ~2,400 tonight and ~2,700 tomorrow.
        Sellouts both nights as thousands without power have no choice but to actually go to the games to watch the team play.

Sean
        Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-09-2018, 12:51 PM.
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Sellouts both nights as thousands without power have no choice but to actually go to the games to watch the team play. ��

Sean
          If either team struggles on the PP, queue up the headlines about a "Power Outage".
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Sellouts both nights as thousands without power have no choice but to actually go to the games to watch the team play. ��

Sean
            1.) That's actually not a bad idea. I could see people getting stir crazy and deciding to head out!
            2.) Both nights???? Not all three??? Because the odds of this going three is pretty high in my opinion. Though hopefully people have power back by Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              Virtually the same as last year, but they were playing against NU which I suspect brings more local fans.

Might be closer to the 1750 and 1900 of 2 seasons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Virtually the same as last year, but they were playing against NU which I suspect brings more local fans.

Not that I'm "predicting," but it might be a little more than you think. Storrs is not that far away and they have a pretty solid core fan base. My guess would be definitely more (UConn fans) on Saturday, especially if they steal one Friday.

Comment

Does anyone know if UConn is also on spring break?

Comment

BU should have gone 3-0-0 vs. UCONN this season. But this is the 2017-18 BU team after all, which means I'd be really surprised if the series doesn't go 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Those were first round playoff games, not quarterfinal games. Since Agganis has opened BU has hosted 26 quarterfinal games with an average of 3,447 and a median of 3,578. Attendance for the 2 quarterfinal series under Coach Quinn have been much lower with and average of 2,338 and a median of 2,265, but still better than the first round series of 2 seasons ago.

Sean
                      Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-09-2018, 12:51 PM.

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Those were first round playoff games, not quarterfinal games. Since Agganis has opened BU has hosted 26 quarterfinal games with an average of 3,447 and a median of 3,578. Attendance for the 2 quarterfinal series under Coach Quinn have been much lower with and average of 2,338 and a median of 2,265, but still better than the first round series of 2 seasons ago.

Sean
                        Last year was a QF, the year before we played the opening round before losing in the QFs at Lowell.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I agree to some extent, but once there, if you aren't producing, DQ does make adjustments. Bobo isn't a draft pick but has earned his spot with his goal scoring through the years. Most of us thought Crone would be a point-producer, and DQ had him in top-6 roles for the first third of the season, but when it became evident he wasn't contributing, he dropped him down (he has seeming since moved up with some production). I think Tkachuk probably benefited most from his name/draft status, but at times he has looked very good, so I think DQ was just trying to let him work through it more. The NTDP guys are so much younger than the other guys that it really can take time to adjust (unless your name is Eichel, Keller, Kessel, etc.).

Curry should be in the lineup every night - his hustle alone helps get the team and fans going. He shouldn't be on anything above the 3rd line, but he has earned his spot IMHO.
                          Regarding Carpenter, DQ dropped him to the third line in the middle of the season, which was a joke. I'd argue that he's the best/most consistent forward on the team.

Water under the bridge. It sure would be nice to see some line chemistry tonight and a little creative offense. A guy can dream....
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Last year was a QF, the year before we played the opening round before losing in the QFs at Lowell.
                            I was referring to the games 2 seasons ago. I've edited what I quoted to make that clearer.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

"Former Terrier netminder Connor LaCouvee, now the starting goalie at Minnesota State as a graduate transfer, has been named one of ten semi-finalists for the Mike Richter Award as the top goalie in Division 1. LaCouvee has earned a 1.75 GAA and .917 save percentage, en route to a 22-3-1 record."

Who could have foreseen that?
                              Good for Connor.
                              And no, I would not for a second consider trading him for Oettinger.

Comment

We know no Harper, but getting Cockerill back should be a help.
                                The comment that Quinn eventually moved Crone off the first two lines still begs the question, what took him so long to move up Cockerill?

Comment

Working...
                                X