Season. Over.

Inexcusable.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Season. Over.

Inexcusable.
          This is what I don't understand. Yes, they're tired. Yes, you go with "shorter" shifts in OT (I guess). But TWICE in a row they had three on two coming over the line and dumped it in deep and immediately went for a line change. So the end result is 1) you give up possession and the OT is only five minutes and 2) you lose the territorial advantage and allow the other team to come flying back up ice. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's only five minutes. You willingly just give up possession? I don't understand the philosophy of this team...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Season. Over.

Inexcusable.
            Team is gawd awful don’t waste an ounce of energy getting worked up about it. No coaching , no character and the dumbest BU team in memory. These recruiting classes mean nothing if you can’t make them into a team. When you only needed average Oettinger to win he gagged. The debacle will be over 2 weeks from now. Who is the genius who kept saying long season ahead ha ha .

Comment

Blowing another 2 goal third period lead. Weeeeeeeee
              Bad coaching.

Season. Over.

Inexcusable.
              Bad coaching.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              This is what I don't understand. Yes, they're tired. Yes, you go with "shorter" shifts in OT (I guess). But TWICE in a row they had three on two coming over the line and dumped it in deep and immediately went for a line change. So the end result is 1) you give up possession and the OT is only five minutes and 2) you lose the territorial advantage and allow the other team to come flying back up ice. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's only five minutes. You willingly just give up possession? I don't understand the philosophy of this team...
              Bad coaching.

Comment

Their offense is to get it down low and then blindly dump it in the slot and hope someone is there.

But again, a two goal lead with 14 mins left and you take dumb penalties and can’t defend. Time for golf!

This team is a mess.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Their offense is to get it down low and then blindly dump it in the slot and hope someone is there.

But again, a two goal lead with 14 mins left and you take dumb penalties and can’t defend. Time for golf!

This team is a mess.
                  What good does it do to dump it down low and then turn and head for the bench? This wasn't the first period. By the time the next line got out there the puck was back in their own end. If you have control of the puck in OT you skate it in and try to create something. Is another 20 seconds going to matter at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Five goals against on 20 shots
                    Oettinger has 92% of the playing time for this team. That makes him 2nd in hockey east for goalies. He is 9th in hockey east in save% (46th in the country) and 8th in GAA. Is Prawdzik not capable of playing goal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                      Oettinger has 92% of the playing time for this team. That makes him 2nd in hockey east for goalies. He is 9th in hockey east in save% (46th in the country) and 8th in GAA. Is Prawdzik not capable of playing goal?
                      Oettinger has only had a handful of solid games he’s as much a part of the teams epic failure this season as anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post

Tired? 20 yo kids for Christ sakes!!!

When mookie was 20 he’d **** all night long!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                          Max should start tomorrow.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

The statistics are overwhelming that teams leading going into the third period almost always win.
                            BU has blown 3-1 leads heading into the third period in consecutive league games, with a tie and loss to inferior opposition.

Oettinger has not been as good, or as consistent, this season as last. But blaming him is wrong.

Comment

We might not bring it this year. But we will. My oath. But would love to have a big series with BU again.

Comment

I think we are edge of bringing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X