This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    You're the ones who brought it up in our thread, but we're the ones who need to move on? Let me guess, you got your education at Northeastern?
    grace.. not bitterness.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      same for your (from bu fans pow).. the 'weak' interference call in this yrs pot.. calls are part of the gm.. as are turnovers. like i said, i was over that one.. its water under the bridge. it's not every yr we are going to go 3-0 against your team, let alone any H.E opponent. you guys need to get over this yr's losses & move on vs nitpick any time you read an article or soundbite re. nu's win / wins. it happened thank god. move on.
      LOL you all were harping on that OT hook (and the penalties in last year's QF games) for months after that game as the reason you lost and how Hockey East is fixed. There were about three posts on the interference call, all of which stated that BU's horrible penalty kill and the other two correct but awful penalties we took as the main reasons we lost.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Changing topics completely...Honest question, you guys have some of the best jerseys in college hockey (Top 5 IMO), why do you insist on wearing practice jerseys in the Beanpot?
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
          Changing topics completely...Honest question, you guys have some of the best jerseys in college hockey (Top 5 IMO), why do you insist on wearing practice jerseys in the Beanpot?
          Those are 1950s throwbacks, not practice jerseys. I like the red version but not the white. Don't know why we don't go with the candy canes or even the regular ones there. We haven't worn the regular jersey once this year, 100% candy cane or throwback.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Changing topics completely...Honest question, you guys have some of the best jerseys in college hockey (Top 5 IMO), why do you insist on wearing practice jerseys in the Beanpot?
            I wish they hadn't worn those, tbh. I love the red version of them. Very striking. The home/white version is pretty bland. Not to mention, they don't have the best record while wearing them. /superstition girl It is now the "special occasion" (my term) jersey. I think it would have been cool for them to wear the red with you guys wearing the black.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Those are 1950s throwbacks, not practice jerseys. I like the red version but not the white. Don't know why we don't go with the candy canes or even the regular ones there. We haven't worn the regular jersey once this year, 100% candy cane or throwback.
              Ha, jinx!

Also, it would appear that the white candy canes are our new regular jerseys. I do not understand why that is and I feel if one would ask Coach Quinn about it, he wouldn't care to answer, not thinking it's anything to be concerned or talk about. That could be me, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I wish they hadn't worn those, tbh. I love the red version of them. Very striking. The home/white version is pretty bland. Not to mention, they don't have the best record while wearing them. /superstition girl It is now the "special occasion" (my term) jersey. I think it would have been cool for them to wear the red with you guys wearing the black.
                I STILL prefer the sweaters they wore when I was in school - “BOSTON” with the terrier (and not the number) underneath it. I don’t understand why we need numbers on the front AND back when almost everyone else has a logo or mascot on the front. I get it that for awhile the rules changed and mandated “block lettering” and all that but obviously that is no longer the case. And don’t crucify me but I also liked the BC sweaters with the huge eagle on the front.

Comment

Unrelated, if you want a sense of where BU would look from a PWR perspective closing out the regular season, Jim Dahl ran his computer scenarios here: https://blog.collegehockeyranked.com...aa-tournament/
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I think the white's are super clean and sharp. I love 'em. Especially paired with the striped socks. #UniWatch

While we're talking jersey's, why in the name of everything sacred is there black in the USA hockey sweaters!!!?? Red, white, and blue with the big block USA, going diagonally across the front. Thank you.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      You're the ones who brought it up in our thread, but we're the ones who need to move on? Let me guess, you got your education at Northeastern?
                      Technically, I think it came up because one of your posters cited the Globe article, which referred to it as a "controversial" Beanpot.

Comment

In regards to recruiting a remark Toot Cahoon made the other night stands out
                        He said with BU & BC it comes down to selecting properly more than recruiting
                        Plenty of options to choose from

On another note thought Greenway was excellent today
                        Had thought the big surface would be a negative but he was a factor throughout

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                          Technically, I think it came up because one of your posters cited the Globe article, which referred to it as a "controversial" Beanpot.
                          I standing right here. Jeesh.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

I like the throwbacks (both red and white) but do think they are wearing them a bit much. Didn't realize we have not worn the regulars once this year. I would hate to see them go away for good.

Unrelated, if you want a sense of where BU would look from a PWR perspective closing out the regular season, Jim Dahl ran his computer scenarios here: https://blog.collegehockeyranked.com...aa-tournament/
                            Pairwise?!?! Don't talk about Pairwise?!?! I just hope we can win a game! Pairwise?!?!

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            While we're talking jersey's, why in the name of everything sacred is there black in the USA hockey sweaters!!!?? Red, white, and blue with the big block USA, going diagonally across the front. Thank you.
                            I almost didn't even notice the black with the way it fades into the blue, but now that you mention it, it is an odd color choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I like the throwbacks (both red and white) but do think they are wearing them a bit much. Didn't realize we have not worn the regulars once this year. I would hate to see them go away for good.
                              Zero times this season, home or away. I too would hate them to go away.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Not a BU fan obviously, but I really liked the normal reds and whites BU has. Not a big fan of these throwbacks at all, especially the white ones. I'm sure there's throwback sentimental value for BU fans, but from an unbiased perspective, the red and whites with BOSTON across the front are some of the best, most iconic looks in NCAA hockey, IMO
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X