Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    - I was going to bring up Tater's "JFK vs. Union", but in response to going into tonight missing so many quality players.

- I want the Beanpot. Either this team is going to keep their run going or it isn't. If it does, they'll either get in the NCAA's by winning the HE Tourney, or they'll get close enough to inch up in the PWR. If they don't get that far, then they weren't going to do anything in the NCAA's anyway - that's how I'm looking at it.
    Yeah I don't think we will do anything in the NCAA tournament. But I think it is very important for our program to make that tournament every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Well, that was me and I stand by that. In fact, I'll say they should still finish top-4. BU is currently in 4th, with noting Maine 1 pt behind with a game in hand. Let's look at remaining schedules of those chasing us for 4th.

BU: (UMASS L); @UConn, @MC, vs VT, vs VT

Maine: @PC, @UNH, vs BC, @BC. @BC

UML: @BC. @UMASS, @PC, vs PC, @MC, vs MC

BU has it clearly easier going out and should, yes should, nab at least 4th.

Your point that I accede to would be it hurting BU's chances to go up in the standings in this increasingly hypothetical argument (where is Todd with this HEA standings thread when we need it?), but I'll take a Beanpot if BU can finish top 4. Hopefully, BU gets at least Carpenter back tonight, wins both, and all this is moot.
    I agree with you that with the schedule we have remaining, we need to seal the deal and get a top 4 spot. I guess it is semantics, but if we lose tonight, I see it less likely that we will get that top 4 spot. But I really do believe that if we go 5-0 down the stretch in conference, we have a very good shot at winning the regular season title. Sure we need some help, it's not like we control our own destiny. But I think the other five teams in the mix have a decent chance of beating each other up enough that we can get 10 points and no one else will get the 6+ points they need. It is going to take some work. We need to take care of UMass while undermanned. We need to not screw around on the road next weekend. But it is definitely possible.

On a side note, apparently we would be 8th in the PWR right now if we hadn't stupidly tied UConn, blew our 7 out of final 10 minutes of PP time last month against PC, and beaten UMass-Lowell instead of losing 3-2 in a game that I thought we outplayed them in.

Even when you guys were racking up the Ls I tried pointing out the ridiculously easy schedule 2nd half of the year. I saw this coming. Based on that I still have no idea if BU is any good. I'd be pretty surprised if they came away with all 10 points from the remaining league games though. Probably a slip up in there somewhere. UConn and Vermont playing better lately. At Merrimack not always the easiest of games.

According to Quinn quote in Freep article, everyone (not Greenway obviously) is available except for Harper. Harper still day-to-day (illness). So Carpenter and Krys should be playing.

According to Quinn quote in Freep article, everyone (not Greenway obviously) is available except for Harper. Harper still day-to-day (illness). So Carpenter and Krys should be playing.
    Glad on Bobo - he took a solid hit just before Amonte's goal, which may be why he was questionable even though he had come back after the earlier injury.

Harper must really be hurting. I started wondering if either he had something more serious (a la Baillargeon - Mono) or not illness related at all (see Roberto, Nick), but hopefully it is just a really bad case of the flu - we know it's out there.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Even when you guys were racking up the Ls I tried pointing out the ridiculously easy schedule 2nd half of the year. I saw this coming. Based on that I still have no idea if BU is any good. I'd be pretty surprised if they came away with all 10 points from the remaining league games though. Probably a slip up in there somewhere. UConn and Vermont playing better lately. At Merrimack not always the easiest of games.
    I also have not idea how good we actually are. But we are finding ways to win games, which is sort of the opposite of what we were doing earlier in the year.

I agree that 10 points is unlikely. But certainly doable if they can stay focused.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    On a side note, apparently we would be 8th in the PWR right now if we hadn't stupidly tied UConn, blew our 7 out of final 10 minutes of PP time last month against PC, and beaten UMass-Lowell instead of losing 3-2 in a game that I thought we outplayed them in.
    This is an interesting post. If there was one game we could change the outcome of one game this year, which would it be? Mine would be Denver. Would have taken that point and run with it. Instead, they coughed up the game with, what was it, 16 seconds to go? I think they would have had a shot at winning that game in OT the way they were playing. Not sure if it would've made a hill of beans in the long run, but I do think getting that tie or winning in OT would have helped them mentally over the course of the early season.

Tonight's line-up has seven freshman forwards. With Bobo at center, face off results should improve.
    Tkachuk-Carpenter-Melanson
    Cockerill-Bowers-Crone
    Farrance-Amonte-Curry
    Chabot-Phelps-Witkowski
    Hickey-Fabbro
    Kotkansalo-Krys
    Diffley-MacLeod
    Oettinger

We're not on tv tonight, right? Why are we cleaning the ice at every whistle?

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    We're not on tv tonight, right? Why are we cleaning the ice at every whistle?
    Game is on ESPN3 (point being, since it's a potential "national audience" the commercial breaks are considerably longer than when the game is just on BU TV)
    Last edited by chickod; 02-09-2018 at 07:28 PM.

This team stopped functioning as soon as they scored their 3rd goal. It took ****ing away the game to wake them up.

there's a good buck in that racket.

What happened to patriot league tv??

The blog is at capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    What happened to patriot league tv??
    Good question. I spent the whole night waiting for the stream to stop buffering. The OT was great. I saw DQ standing behind the bench at the beginning of the OT and the stream resumed with three seconds left in the game. Wonderful...

ok. so I watched this team for the first time since early season. Have they been this frustrating to watch all season?

And while we're at it that pretty much kills any chance for this team to do anything this year. Monday won't matter now. No way this team gets to the NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by BUPhD View Post
    ok. so I watched this team for the first time since early season. Have they been this frustrating to watch all season?
    Yes

bc and pc can win in OT. nu bit the pipe at home. Chances to move up by the wayside.

Absolute ****ing pathetic garbage.

Thread Information