X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

C’mon!!!

Any time one can get ahold of the red headed step children in a big game, one runs with it.

After all, it’s northeatern!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Both teams were outshot significantly.
      It's worth noting that a decent percentage of UConn's SOG margin was accumulated in the third period when they were pouring it on to tie it up. While they certainly outchanced BU significantly, the majority of the game wasn't an overwhelming attack on the BU net.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

If Uconn (or anyone else) wants they can borrow some of uhn‘s “more sog” banners to hang
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          C’mon!!!

Any time one can get ahold of the red headed step children in a big game, one runs with it.

After all, it’s northeatern!!!
          put some salt on it.. might feel better..
          then again, its you.. its permanent.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            I aim to please
            Goals by line:
            1990-91, 41 games
            1st - 87
            2nd - 59
            3rd - 38
            4th - 13
            1994-95, 40 games
            1st - 58
            2nd - 69
            3rd - 39
            4th - 31

Or not

Sean
            Will you look at all that glorious offense. 87-59-38 (38 goals from the third line!!! ) 58-69-39-31 (31 goals from the 4th line!! - with Chris Drury centering it.) I know it was a different era but... Wow. Good times.

Come on 4th line, do it Friday!!! Vegas has you at 300-1 to score.

BU Hockey: Feeling Nostalgic
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Also, closing the book on Saturday...

It was interesting to note that the 3rd line stopped getting shifts in the 3rd. It was all 1-2-4. I guess DQ also had money on the 4th line scoring.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Will you look at all that glorious offense. 87-59-38 (38 goals from the third line!!! ) 58-69-39-31 (31 goals from the 4th line!! - with Chris Drury centering it.) I know it was a different era but... Wow. Good times.

Come on 4th line, do it Friday!!! Vegas has you at 300-1 to score.

BU Hockey: Feeling Nostalgic
                The two stats I like to bring up for that 90-91 team:

Three 30-goal scorers (McEachern 34, Amonte 31, Tomlinson 30)
                Four 60-point scorers (McEachern 82, Amonte 68, D. Sacco 61, Tomlinson 60)

It was a different era, but that was some fun offense to watch.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  That was five, not four, wasn't it? Three regular season games plus Beanpot? Four is doable. And thanks for bringing up that memory.
                  correct as usual, it was the 5th game and the final score of it was 5-0 coincidentally ........................as sweet and delicious as that 5-0 game was, it kind of reminds me of Carton Fisk's home run..........................useless. Eagles and Red Sox didnt cash the ticket . Unless it ends with the ultimate prize, for me, its an empty feeling.
                  Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-12-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    The two stats I like to bring up for that 90-91 team:

Three 30-goal scorers (McEachern 34, Amonte 31, Tomlinson 30)
                    Four 60-point scorers (McEachern 82, Amonte 68, D. Sacco 61, Tomlinson 60)

It was a different era, but that was some fun offense to watch.
                    90-91 squad scored second most goals in program history, 234; two less than the '95-'96 team.
                    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...004491991.html
                    They also yielded 142 goals, ninth most ever at BU.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      correct as usual, it was the 5th game and the final score of it was 5-0 coincidentally ........................as sweet and delicious as that 5-0 game was, it kind of reminds me of Carton Fisk's home run..........................useless. Eagles and Red Sox didnt cash the ticket . Unless it ends with the ultimate prize, for me, its an empty feeling.
                      Forgive me if I don't feel bad for you.

Also, defkit pointed out I missed a game - the HE championship - so that NCAA tournament game was the 6th. Which means BC won one of the regular season games? Were we all playing each other three times back in 2006??

Comment

Here were the results in order:

BC 2-1
                        BU 6-2
                        BU 4-3 (BC had a 2-0 lead in that one)
                        BU 3-2 (Beanpot)
                        BU 2-1 OT (Hockey East title game)
                        BC 5-0

Really, call the 6-2 game the outlier in BUs favor and the 5-0 one the outlier for BC. While nobody saw 5-0 coming, BC winning that last game really wasn't a huge surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Also, closing the book on Saturday...

It was interesting to note that the 3rd line stopped getting shifts in the 3rd. It was all 1-2-4. I guess DQ also had money on the 4th line scoring.
                          I noticed that also, looks like the undersized freshman line is the 3rd choice for most of the game, but the definitive 4th choice when trying to protect a lead late.

Given the personnel available a 4th line that is not a threat to score, but is strong defensively is probably the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            BC winning that last game really wasn't a huge surprise.
                            It wasn't a huge surprise after Boyle's goal on the giveaway. That was one of those "1-0 game over" type of goals. You could feel the air go out of the BU side of the building. Probably the most deflating goal I can remember other than the 1991 OT loss in the National Championship game to Northern Michigan after McEachern hit the post with a wide open net (and after BU had come from three goals down to take the lead).

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              I noticed that also, looks like the undersized freshman line is the 3rd choice for most of the game, but the definitive 4th choice when trying to protect a lead late.

Given the personnel available a 4th line that is not a threat to score, but is strong defensively is probably the best option.
                              Great point.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                It wasn't a huge surprise after Boyle's goal on the giveaway. That was one of those "1-0 game over" type of goals. You could feel the air go out of the BU side of the building. Probably the most deflating goal I can remember other than the 1991 OT loss in the National Championship game to Northern Michigan after McEachern hit the post with a wide open net (and after BU had come from three goals down to take the lead).
                                Schaeffer!!!!!

I actually blame Parker. BU had been making that play all season long. It didn't take a rocket scientist to say - "hey let's send a guy in to disrupt that play they make to the front of their own net". Maybe Boyle's long reach was the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X