This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I'm sure you'd be less disappointed if the other option was him in a Bruins uniform on Saturday!
    I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much. Empty arena or no, I’m sure it’s going to be difficult for these guys to get motivated again after the experience. Once they get a taste of the next level it’s tough to go back...

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      It certainly could have been and it was something I was hoping would have happened. They do it for the women's team, no reason they couldn't have done it for the men's. It is something I imagine would have happened for 2022 if it wasn't for the fact that NHL players will most likely be back in the Olympics.
      They DID do that for the women’s team, however, the women’s team also boasts the best players in the country. The individual players chose to forego their professional season in favor of playing in the olympics. On one hand they are giving up far less money than the men would, on the other the men could individually afford to skip their checks as anyone likely to be chosen for the team is a millionaire. Yes?
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

What is so very annoying is that

a) The NHL took forEVER to officially announce they weren’t going to let players go to The Olympics
        b) Even though the NHL took so long, it was being discussed and everyone seemed pretty sure that was going to happe
        c) If I figured out that the NHL wasn’t going to send players, why didn’t USA Hockey? They should have had two scenarios in place. While there might not have been a need to have the team together since August, there should have been a plan to get the team selected and in a camp at the beginning of January

I feel they (USA Hockey) thought it would be a cool thing to announce the team at the Winter Classic and by doing that, delayed any chance to get the team together earlier than days before the Games began. I’m happy Jordan Greenway was able to play the first Beanpot game, but both he and Ryan Donato should have already been in Korea for that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Some are already back in the states. Red Gerard was on EXTRA last week. He headed out early.
          Someone brought his load of condoms back with him
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Dude can sleep in the plane. Mookie is lights out before wheels up . Never fails
            Mookie has proven that he can sleep while he posts here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Mookie has proven that he can sleep while he posts here.
              That's sure rig........ zzzzzzzzzzz
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Harper still out this weekend per Freep. No details.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  Any news on Greenway?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

See my previous post that Billy Jaffe said he’lll be dressed for tomorrow’s game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Some are already back in the states. Red Gerard was on EXTRA last week. He headed out early.
                      I am close to Red's hometown right now, staying with friends/family. One of them saw his ankle doctor who (without mentioning names) said he has already worked on three Olympians who have come home.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Any news on Greenway?
                        Same tweet said Greenway would be playing. Didn’t include it since Scarlet already posted it.

Comment

With Uconn loss tonight BU can finish no worse that 5th so is assured of a bye next weekend
                          Need to finish 4th for a home series

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            With Uconn loss tonight BU can finish no worse that 5th so is assured of a bye next weekend
                            Need to finish 4th for a home series
                            Technically, BU can finish tied for 3rd but lose the tiebreaker to NU for seeding purposes.

If BU gets the 4th seed, they would host either Maine, UConn, or UML.

3 points this weekend over UVM clinches 4th seed. Any points lost by Maine this weekend lowers that number.

Should BU finish in 5th, BU would travel up to Maine. When was the last time THAT has happened in the playoffs!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              At this point, I think it's safe to assume it's academic or an NCAA violation, not illness. With the timing of when it started, the first game of the spring semester - too coincidental. What was the source way back at the beginning? Was it a direct quote from Quinn? My best guess as to why the Freep isn't asking more questions is they know what's up but were told by their source (probably Quinn) not to print it.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                                At this point, I think it's safe to assume it's academic or an NCAA violation, not illness. With the timing of when it started, the first game of the spring semester - too coincidental. What was the source way back at the beginning? Was it a direct quote from Quinn? My best guess as to why the Freep isn't asking more questions is they know what's up but were told by their source (probably Quinn) not to print it.
                                pretty sure Quinn originally said is was illness. Also a couple of weeks ago mentioned I believe blood tests
                                There has been lack of information all year- Is Curry injured at this point?

Rumors are tough- How many places had Greenway gone after Olympics

Comment

Working...
                                X