Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    The 4th line is scoring a goal this weekend. BOOK IT! #HotTake
    Not tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    I'd love to see a line-break down on goals scored. Has the 4th line even scored this season?
    Goals by line:
    2017-18, 35 games
    1st - 32
    2nd - 40
    3rd - 8
    4th - 4
    For comparison
    2016-17, 39 games
    1st - 38
    2nd - 40
    3rd - 14
    4th - 5
    2015-16, 39 games
    1st - 34
    2nd - 33
    3rd - 18
    4th - 10
    2014-15, 41 games
    1st - 75
    2nd - 33
    3rd - 20
    4th - 6
    2013-14, 35 games
    1st - 26
    2nd - 23
    3rd - 13
    4th - 4
    Average/Season 2000-01 thru 2017-18
    1st - 40
    2nd - 34
    3rd - 19
    4th - 9

The caveat is that powerplay and shorthanded goals are credited to the normal line a player played on, even if the powerplay and penalty kill units were formed from different lines

There was also talk earlier in the season about the number of line combinations Coach Quinn had used. After 35 games the minimum number of line combinations is 4 and the theoretical maximum is 140. Coach Quinn has used 65 line combinations. For comparison:
    2016-17 - 67 combinations
    2015-16 - 46 combinations
    2014-15 - 36 combinations
    2013-14 - 58 combinations
    Average/Season 2000-01 thru 2017-18 - 35 combinations

The most combinations Coach Parker used since the start of Hockey East in 1984 was 54 in 2009-10 and the least was just 24 in 2012-13.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-10-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

Super Serial
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Not tonight.
    They didn't score but skated hard and generated a bunch of good chances. I hope he keeps that line together tomorrow.

The social ramble ain't restful

On the first UConn goal, BU beefed that the original shot hit the netting? What did the replay show? Was there something else involved?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    On the first UConn goal, BU beefed that the original shot hit the netting? What did the replay show? Was there something else involved?
    The puck absolutely went into the net about 30 seconds before UConn scored on the other end. Every fan on that side of the rink saw it and yelled that play hadn't stopped. Heck, even the band started playing because they assumed there would be a stoppage. The players on the bench saw it as well. So it goes.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Opposite Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    The puck absolutely went into the net about 30 seconds before UConn scored on the other end. Every fan on that side of the rink saw it and yelled that play hadn't stopped. Heck, even the band started playing because they assumed there would be a stoppage. The players on the bench saw it as well. So it goes.
    Wait...clarify this. I was trying to figure out what happened here.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Wait...clarify this. I was trying to figure out what happened here.
    Before UConn scored their first goal, BU was in the UConn defensive zone and took a shot on net. It hit something in front and pinballed around out of sight of everyone, it then inexplicably dropped to the ice over to Huska's right by the boards. A UConn forward took the puck and left the zone. About two seconds later the band started playing and a bunch of fans in the corner stood up complaining why play was still going on. I looked up and saw what appeared to be the net moving, coupled with the band playing and fans nearby pointing at the net, as well as a few BU players on the bench making the same motion made it pretty clear that the puck was out of play. There was no other plausible explanation for how the puck got there as there was no sound of it hitting the boards or glass. UConn came down on the ensuing play and scored. Bobo immediately went to the official and complained, pointed at the netting, but nothing happened as that play is unreviewable.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Before UConn scored their first goal, BU was in the UConn defensive zone and took a shot on net. It hit something in front and pinballed around out of sight of everyone, it then inexplicably dropped to the ice over to Huska's right by the boards. A UConn forward took the puck and left the zone. About two seconds later the band started playing and a bunch of fans in the corner stood up complaining why play was still going on. I looked up and saw what appeared to be the net moving, coupled with the band playing and fans nearby pointing at the net, as well as a few BU players on the bench making the same motion made it pretty clear that the puck was out of play. There was no other plausible explanation for how the puck got there as there was no sound of it hitting the boards or glass. UConn came down on the ensuing play and scored. Bobo immediately went to the official and complained, pointed at the netting, but nothing happened as that play is unreviewable.
    Ah, OK. I was wondering to what everyone was pointing, and assumed it was that when it happened down the other end and fans mock cheered. Your previous post kinda made it seem to me like BU scored and I was like, wait, what? Heh. Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

Blackhawks!!!

Not tonight.

Goals by line:
    2017-18, 35 games
    1st - 32
    2nd - 40
    3rd - 8
    4th - 4
    8 and 4. Oooof. That's brutal.

2014-15, 41 games
    1st - 75
    2nd - 33
    3rd - 20
    4th - 6
    75 freakin' goals. Man, that first line was fun to watch. 20 outta the 3rd ain't bad either. If only our goalie...

I would love to see the 1991 or 1995 #'s.

Thanks for the post Sean. Curry scores tonight!
    It Happened!!!!

Opposite Girl

Diffley in for MacLeod only lineup change tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I didn't say they were the worst team ever but the 07-08 and 09-10 teams were definitely better hockey teams. Don't forget they played in a much better conference than this team is playing in.
    I meant 2001 as worst team I mixed up DiPietro season. I didnít realize 2014 had only 10 wins thatís hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Jofa View Post
    I meant 2001 as worst team I mixed up DiPietro season. I didnít realize 2014 had only 10 wins thatís hard to believe
    That team had a lot of players that weren't D-1 caliber.

And Rodrigues had only 10 points, I think. Then he racked up over 60 with Eichel the next year.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

This idiot just used his timeout five minutes into the 2nd with the lead??

This idiot just used his timeout five minutes into the 2nd with the lead??
    Fourth line was on the ice a LONG time. Not a situation where you can afford to have the game get tied.

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Fourth line was on the ice a LONG time. Not a situation where you can afford to have the game get tied.
    Really? I would imagine a worse time to give up a goal would be at the end of the 3rd. 35 minutes left in the game is a worse time to give up a goal??

Really? I would imagine a worse time to give up a goal would be at the end of the 3rd. 35 minutes left in the game is a worse time to give up a goal??
    Yeah but you can't think that way. You don't have the benefit of hindsight. If they give up a goal there everyone will say "Why didn't he use his timeout?" Yes it's tough to use it that early but I've certainly seen it done many times in the NHL...

Veteran
    What does this mean? That because they managed to beat a ****ty UConn team in OT that somehow the previous two and a half hours of utter and absolute **** doesn't matter?
    It means that was a ridiculously stupid statement. Quinn has more hockey knowledge in his little toe than anyone on this board could hope to learn in their lifetime.

But you obviously have an axe to grind... donít let me stop you.

Veteran

So we get BC?

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    So we get BC?
    With the top 4 seeds advancing, yes. Frankly, I think BC is a better matchup for BU than NU or PC.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    With the top 4 seeds advancing, yes. Frankly, I think BC is a better matchup for BU than NU or PC.
    I agree. Looks like we have the 8:00 game.... if CHN is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    So we get BC?
    Yup. Northeastern/Providence in the (presumably) early game. Unless Jerry York somehow wants to play the 5pm game for the 'extra rest'.

Thread Information