X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Since we are now in the win or go home portion of the Olympic hockey tournament, should the US lose tomorrow, what are the odds we see Greenway back for the Vermont series?
    I certainly have no idea, but I imagine it would have something to do with his desire to participate in the closing ceremonies, how "unified" the "team" is and whether or not they have control over their ability to leave when they want to?

Given that the non-participation of the NHL continues to future Olympics, this would truly be a once in a lifetime experience that he may feel as though he wants to savor.

Complete speculation on my part (but since you phrased it "odds" I'm guessing that's what you're looking for).

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      I certainly have no idea, but I imagine it would have something to do with his desire to participate in the closing ceremonies, how "unified" the "team" is and whether or not they have control over their ability to leave when they want to?

Given that the non-participation of the NHL continues to future Olympics, this would truly be a once in a lifetime experience that he may feel as though he wants to savor.

Complete speculation on my part (but since you phrased it "odds" I'm guessing that's what you're looking for).
      I’m guessing he would want to stay. They handed out 110,000 condoms in the Olympic village, so it must be quite a party planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        I’m guessing he would want to stay. They handed out 110,000 condoms in the Olympic village, so it must be quite a party planned.
        If those cheerleaders from the North are still around !!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Since we are now in the win or go home portion of the Olympic hockey tournament, should the US lose tomorrow, what are the odds we see Greenway back for the Vermont series?
          We shouldn't need Greenway to lock down the #4 seed. He would definitely be welcomed back with open arms for the HEQFs though.

A win on Friday night should all but clinch the #4. We can't catch NU (tie-break), and we have a virtual 1-point padding on Maine (who plays 2 at BC).
          UConn theoretically could also catch us, but they'd need a win and a Vermont sweep.

We COULD play Northeastern, Providence or even BC in the first round, but the most likely quarterfinal opponent will be a rested UConn (season split 1-1-1) or Maine (lost season series 1-2-0) squad at Agganis. I think UConn has the inside track to the #5 seed despite only having one game left I don't see Maine getting much from BC and UConn would hold the tiebreak with a win over UMass, even if Maine takes 2 points from BC.

Comment

So Brien Diffley is playing tonight, played last night too. And scored! Did something happen to Crotty? I was surprised and a little disappointed he didn’t play on Monday. He’s a senior, it was his last one, I don’t think the outcome would’ve changed with him vs. Crotty.

I saw Crotty come off the ice with his right arm just dangling from his shoulder. I didn't expect to see him on the ice but he did return to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post

My primary complaint is I just don't understand the "strategy." After pretty sustained pressure throughout (I mean, they scored twice within one minute of a UConn goal each time) they seemed to back off in the OT as if they were content with the tie. You play 60 minutes and then just "stop" in OT? As mentioned above, you don't dump it in and change lines after a 30-second shift. What's the point? You're not trying at that point to "establish" a pattern or wear the other team down by making them go 200 feet. At that point in the game, you either go for the win or you don't. Getting to the blue line and then turning around and going for a change, allowing the other team to carry the puck all the way out and advance into your end is hardly an aggressive strategy. "Getting the puck deep" doesn't do much good without players down there to do anything with it.

They might as well have just walked off the ice after regulation and forfeited. Did they think UConn was just going to hand them a goal? I'm just totally baffled. They seem to have this attitude that "we're BU so we can just put on the sweater and win." There never seems to be any sense of urgency. They don't finish games. They don't have a killer instinct. They don't take care of business. At some point, you can't just put it all on the players. Of course, how "vested" are they when many already have one foot out the door? You (not "you" specifically) can ridicule me all you want for continuing to point this out, but we have become nothing but an NHL farm team that seems to march to the whim of the USNTDP (or whatever the acronym is). Does anyone even care about the TEAM that represents the SCHOOL and the FANS? Doesn't seem like it to me...
              Talk to the coach, who's job it is to get these things right. This is seeming too much like BU's approach after Parker lost it. Dump and suck. Constipated offense. Nonsensical line changes. Defensive breakdowns. Lethargy. All we're missing is the off ice incidents.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                We shouldn't need Greenway to lock down the #4 seed. He would definitely be welcomed back with open arms for the HEQFs though.

A win on Friday night should all but clinch the #4. We can't catch NU (tie-break), and we have a virtual 1-point padding on Maine (who plays 2 at BC).
                UConn theoretically could also catch us, but they'd need a win and a Vermont sweep.

We COULD play Northeastern, Providence or even BC in the first round, but the most likely quarterfinal opponent will be a rested UConn (season split 1-1-1) or Maine (lost season series 1-2-0) squad at Agganis. I think UConn has the inside track to the #5 seed despite only having one game left I don't see Maine getting much from BC and UConn would hold the tiebreak with a win over UMass, even if Maine takes 2 points from BC.
                We need all the help we can get, so if Team USA loses tonight and Greenway chooses not to stay at the Games, I'd prefer he hightail it home to get rest and acclimated back to the Eastern time zone.

Based on the current HE standings and what you posted, the highest BU can end the season is 4th, correct? Which is what they should shoot for because then they get a weekend off and then host whoever comes in 5th. I'm not in the mood to travel to Maine or Connecticut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  We need all the help we can get, so if Team USA loses tonight and Greenway chooses not to stay at the Games, I'd prefer he hightail it home to get rest and acclimated back to the Eastern time zone.

Based on the current HE standings and what you posted, the highest BU can end the season is 4th, correct? Which is what they should shoot for because then they get a weekend off and then host whoever comes in 5th. I'm not in the mood to travel to Maine or Connecticut.
                  Silly, he is going to the wild

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Silly, he is going to the wild
                    The Olympic Greenway would be a welcome addition to my Wild (although I think a guy should always finish his season first). Now, do we get the Olympic Greenway, or the one who's been frustrating you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      The Olympic Greenway would be a welcome addition to my Wild (although I think a guy should always finish his season first). Now, do we get the Olympic Greenway, or the one who's been frustrating you guys?
                      64,000 dollah question there my friend

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                        It really is remarkable how McAvoy, Bellows and Greenway have looked like completely different players this year when they're not being coached by Quinn.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          It really is remarkable how McAvoy, Bellows and Greenway have looked like completely different players this year when they're not being coached by Quinn.
                          Are you calling Quinn The Cooler?

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                            but they'd need a win and a Vermont sweep.
                            This isn't that unlikely.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            All we're missing is the off ice incidents.
                            There's still time for Greenway to pull a Ryan Lochte.

Comment

Just saw the segment on Jordan that was on the Today Show. It was done here in Boston, at Agganis. Nice piece. He has generated a tremendous amount of press and while it’s pretty cool to see, I can certainly see how it could be a distraction, not just for Jordan, but for the rest of the team. The demands of his time leading up to the Games was probably a pain. That’s why I wish USA Hockey had their **** together and had a better plan to get this team together much sooner.

On a separate note, that practice jersey is sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

On a separate note, that practice jersey is sweet!
                                Agreed. Time for jersey #7 and 8. .
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X