This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

You better have this right. Last thing i need is to buy tix and then find out i'm surrounded by fanboys and sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      You better have this right. Last thing i need is to buy tix and then find out i'm surrounded by fanboys and sasquatch
      LOL. With the two game set-up, even if it comes close to selling out, there should be other places to sit, at least on Saturday.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Well you won't be surrounded by BC fans, I can tell you that much.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
          Was the $50 each for one day?
          Yes. But I picked up a "flyer" that said "55 a ticket / savings from $90. I was going to upload it but apparently I can only attach documents from a public url. I paid $100 for 2 tix. I paid $59 for one Friday.

Comment

Well, it's not ME that has to have it right. I wrote it down directly from the seating chart (they wouldn't photocopy one for me - I asked).

(apparently the $100 I just dropped isn't enough to get a 5 cent copy)

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Well you won't be surrounded by BC fans, I can tell you that much.
              Zingerrrr

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                I was going to pay the $47 through TM, then I saw that lovely $#%@&$^ fee impact. $19 in fees. It's f'in criminal.

I'm going to wait to see if they really do come close to selling out before dropping that extra $$ vs. buying one at the window.
                I don't blame you. It was just an easy drive for me. And I don't like sitting down low (because you can't see the other end of the ice) or too far to one end and looking through that netting. So I got FIRST row, on the aisle, almost on the blue line in the upper bowl (which is really just behind the concourse and elevated enough so the people walking in front of you don't obstruct the view). Those are good seats in that arena because it's a little smaller than TD Garden and you're not that far away. I had an advantage because, for some reason which I have never understood, most of the "older" people (i.e., people my age) like to sit LOW, I guess to be closer. But I just don't like the perspective from down there.
                Last edited by chickod; 03-18-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  I don't blame you. It was just an easy drive for me. And I don't like sitting down low (because you can't see the other end of the ice) or too far to one end and looking through that netting. So I got FIRST row, on the aisle, almost on the blue line in the upper bowl (which is really just behind the concourse and elevated enough so the people walking in front of you don't obstruct the view). Those are good seats in that arena because it's a little smaller than TD Garden and you're not that far away. I had an advantage because, for some reason which I have never understood, most of the "older" people (i.e., people my age) like to sit LOW, I guess to be closer. But I just don't like the perspective from down there.

don't blame ya either.. its like how we'd watch on the tube.. just right.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Another way of looking at this: Here's the map Scroll down to the hockey seating.

As you look at the map (with Commercial Street on top which would be the far end of the arena if you enter from MLK Blvd - formerly Worcester Center Blvd), top left is Michigan, top right is BU, bottom right is NU and bottom left is Cornell.

Comment

So just got an email. It's $69 each on Ticketmaster (I obviously didn't click through to see if there are any "additional" fees). But given that it cost me about $2.00 in gas I am still happy that I drove down. I just saved $38.

There's an additional $50/ticket surcharge if you are purchasing from Egypt...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        So just got an email. It's $69 each on Ticketmaster (I obviously didn't click through to see if there are any "additional" fees). But given that it cost me about $2.00 in gas I am still happy that I drove down. I just saved $38.

There's an additional $50/ticket surcharge if you are purchasing from Egypt...
                        Isn't $69 the youth price for the weekend? I was seeing $84, that's also what BU is charging season ticket holders. No fees through BU at least.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Isn't $69 the youth price for the weekend? I was seeing $84, that's also what BU is charging season ticket holders. No fees through BU at least.
                          Yes, you're probably right (but we're all young in our hearts, right?). I really didn't look that closely (obviously). So now I'm even happier. I just can't believe the markup. When did we start getting 40% "service" fees on this stuff? Only a couple of years ago it was like $7/ticket. If it's $84, that's a $34 markup. That's 68%????? How can that be right? So apparently the only explanation is that tickets at the box office are even lower than the "list price" (w/o the service fee) online.

So if the "actual" face value from the NCAA (and I would need to see the printed ticket - the ones from the box office are computer generated and not pre-printed) is perhaps $60? That would make the markup $24 (40%). So there are TWO markups - the actual face value in addition to the "service" fee?

And they wonder why attendance is down? Yikes...
                          Last edited by chickod; 03-18-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Yes, you're probably right (but we're all young in our hearts, right?). I really didn't look that closely (obviously). So now I'm even happier. I just can't believe the markup. When did we start getting 40% "service" fees on this stuff? Only a couple of years ago it was like $7/ticket. If it's $84, that's a $34 markup. That's 68%????? How can that be right? So apparently the only explanation is that tickets at the box office are even lower than the "list price" (w/o the service fee) online. So there are TWO markups - the actual face value in addition to the "service" fee?

And they wonder why attendance is down? Yikes...
                            Did you pay $50 for the weekend or one game? It's $84 for the weekend package through BU and Ticketmaster.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Did you pay $50 for the weekend or one game? It's $84 for the weekend package through BU and Ticketmaster.
                              One game. Because I don't have enough points to get them through BU after we gave up our season tickets due to job considerations and being unable to get to the games. So it you're paying $84 for TWO days that's an unbelievable bargain, because I'm SURE the face value is way more than that. So, for example, if you got them through Ticketmaster (without the BU connection - just as an individual buyer), it would be face value (probably $50) PLUS a fee for EACH game.

Anyway, enough. I'm happy.

Comment

So should Quinn still be stepping down after this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X