This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Junior year in the 77-78 opener they beat Merrimack 13-5 .....
    Merrimack was still DII in '77-'78 (some would say they still are!). BU ended up National Champs, and Merrimack ended up National Champs in DII.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Whew, that was a little too close for comfort. Two important league points. Man, this team needs to work on face offs.

Comment

Good win. 6-0-1 in last 7. Gained points on everyone ahead of them.

Does Harper have Ebola or something? A long time to be out for illness which means it must have been something serious. Sounds like he is close to coming back so good to see he is ok.

Comment

Up to #20!,

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            Does Harper have Ebola or something? A long time to be out for illness which means it must have been something serious. Sounds like he is close to coming back so good to see he is ok.
            Not to sound melodramatic (or make excuses), but this is a very virulent strain. Everybody is sick at work. Now you might say "Well, they're still at work." But work is not exactly the same as being able to play in a Division I hockey game. If you don't have energy you're not going to last long!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Not to sound melodramatic (or make excuses), but this is a very virulent strain. Everybody is sick at work. Now you might say "Well, they're still at work." But work is not exactly the same as being able to play in a Division I hockey game. If you don't have energy you're not going to last long!
              You're 100% right, this flu strain is really really really bad. My coworkers who have kids have all been told by the schools that anyone with a fever must stay out of school for at least 48 hours and can't come back until they've exhibited no symptoms for 24 hours. And that's just a fever. I imagine Harper was isolated from the rest of the team for a period of time as well. I had the flu myself last year and didn't have the energy to walk for at least 48 hours after my symptoms were gone. I can only imagine how much time you'd need to get back to the amount of physical exertion to practice, much less play in a game.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Enjoyed the timing of Greenway’s goal. Students had just transitioned from Greenway Sucks to FU Greenway when he potted one right in front of those students.
                UMass students- Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Not many BU fans there. Maybe twenty/thirty identifiable ones.
                Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                  Friday at 7 games in Amherst are the worst. 3+ hour drive out of the city.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                    Enjoyed the timing of Greenway’s goal. Students had just transitioned from Greenway Sucks to FU Greenway when he potted one right in front of those students.
                    UMass students- Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Greenway almost took his edge game too far last night. After already taking a penalty earlier, he did one of his "I'll stop before I hit your goalie after the whistle, but I'll gladly bump one of your d-men into your goalie" plays. I think it may have been the play that led to the matching minors for Tkachuk and someone from UMass. I know Greenway's game includes the "get under your skin" approach, but I worry that he is going to get a ref who is going to have none of it and send him to the sinbin as many times as it takes, and it will cost us a game.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Watched the game on NESN. Overall a good effort, but the first 12 minutes or so were scary - it looked like UMass was playing Catholic Memorial. Thankfully, we found our legs and dominated the shot totals from that point on.
                      - Oettinger was immense during that opening barrage, and was BU's #1 star, IMHO.
                      - Bowers continues to quietly have a very strong freshman year. He has sort of flown under the radar, given the Tkachuk and Greenway factors, but I'm guessing Ottawa is pleased with his development.
                      - Cockerill almost connected with someone on a sweet blind pass while skating backwards towards the net. That would have been a highlight reel goal.
                      - Cloonan was in the lineup. I prefer Curry at this point.
                      - Fabbro is such a calming force out there. He takes tough plays and makes them look routine. I really hope he comes back new year.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        - Bowers continues to quietly have a very strong freshman year. He has sort of flown under the radar, given the Tkachuk and Greenway factors, but I'm guessing Ottawa is pleased with his development.

- Fabbro is such a calming force out there. He takes tough plays and makes them look routine. I really hope he comes back new year.
                        They traded Bowers to Colorado, but agree he’s had a very nice year. What a great, quick release on his goal last night.

Fabbro mostly in the right place at right time and is a smart player, but good god he plays like he’s got lead in his skates. Given up a number of odd man rushes this season. He’s got to improve his speed if he is going to be worthy of first round pick.
                        Last edited by kbz; 02-03-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          Watched the game on NESN. Overall a good effort, but the first 12 minutes or so were scary - it looked like UMass was playing Catholic Memorial. Thankfully, we found our legs and dominated the shot totals from that point on.
                          - Oettinger was immense during that opening barrage, and was BU's #1 star, IMHO.
                          - Cockerill almost connected with someone on a sweet blind pass while skating backwards towards the net. That would have been a highlight reel goal.
                          - Cloonan was in the lineup. I prefer Curry at this point.
                          Jake was immense last night.
                          Bowers has progressed extremely well this year for a freshman, as well as Cockerill - they've found a really strong groove lining with Bobo. It'll be interesting to see how DQ reinserts Harper in one of the top six spots.
                          Curry was hit VERY hard last week against ASU into the boards. The ASU player was ejected and given a major. I'm shocked Curry returned to that game at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he sat last night.

Also, an interesting note during the game from Toot Cahoon on the broadcast that DQ told him the team has only had 14 full roster practices all season with no one sick/injured/at WJC. Apparently more than a few practices were cancelled outright due to illness.
                          Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Do you there will be any recognition/good luck, we all wish you the best for both Greenway and Donato as they leave for the Olympics the day after Monday’s game?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Curry was hit VERY hard last week against ASU into the boards. The ASU player was ejected and given a major. I'm shocked Curry returned to that game at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why he sat last night.
                              If Curry was a healthy scratch it might've been due to his penalty at ASU that led to a PPG. Quinn wasn't pleased. Surprised Farrance hasn't been in the line-up for five of the last seven games. He on played in both Merrimack games, one at F and one at D. Any thoughts one why he wasn't in the line-up last night, especially with Krys sidelined? How did he play against 'Mack?
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if this is gonna be the year Harvard plays Northeastern for the Beanpot.

Comment

Working...
                                X