X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    https://youtu.be/2u1JPqdyRXw
    He was already going down when Griz pushed him slightly. An unfortunate convergence of Terrific Terriers.

All six BU jersey's are quality. Could be worse, could be... Vegas Golden Knights = Jacksonville Jaguars = Butt Ugly
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      I like that there is no black on the jersey, and think it would look much more busy with the extra color(s) and logo by adding a dog head to the jersey.
      I agree 100% with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        He was already going down when Griz pushed him slightly. An unfortunate convergence of Terrific Terriers.
        It was. Just putting it there for those curious.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          That description of what Grzelcyk did is quite the misrepresentation. It was hardly a check from behind and more an awkward and coincidental collision.
          Yeah, I had figured Grizz wasn't making any dangerous hits on Eichel. In the video you can see that he looks back to check on him as he's skating away.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            I would be surprised if the classic jersey doesn't come back shortly, and expect BU to return to a rotation of all 6 jerseys, but maybe not as evenly split as it was last year. I'd be disappointed if they took any of these 6 out of the rotation permanently, or did a large rebrand.
            I mean, it's not like there are any rules about this or even anything to get worked up over, but man, 6 jerseys out there in regular rotation just seems crazy to me. Have a regular set, bring in a retro jersey/3rd here and there and then either rebrand after a few years to a new set or change up the 3rds. IDK I just find it odd. Probably not great on the budget either.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              I mean, it's not like there are any rules about this or even anything to get worked up over, but man, 6 jerseys out there in regular rotation just seems crazy to me. Have a regular set, bring in a retro jersey/3rd here and there and then either rebrand after a few years to a new set or change up the 3rds. IDK I just find it odd. Probably not great on the budget either.
              My personal belief, based on nothing specific, is that we actually now only have four:
              - candy cane white - home jersey
              - candy cane red - away jersey
              - throwback white - special occasion home
              - throwback red - special occasion away

I think Quinn is thinking this is his program now, this is what the jersey(s) will be. The women can take the classic whites/reds to update their existing uniforms. Now, I could be totally wrong and we'll see the classics this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                My personal belief, based on nothing specific, is that we actually now only have four:

I think Quinn is thinking this is his program now, this is what the jersey(s) will be. The women can take the classic whites/reds to update their existing uniforms. Now, I could be totally wrong and we'll see the classics this weekend.
                I hope you are wrong...

One of my thoughts is that DQ has a thing for the candy canes since he was on the bench when we rode those all the way to the NCAA title. I've said it once before, I'll say it again. I just want to be able to see this at least once:

http://gvjerseys.com/data/college/im...2_amontehb.jpg

I feel like Michigan is another program that has had many jerseys through the years.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I know at least MSU also has 6, but there probably are minimal other schools who have more than 4 sets. I know the players liked the options, so that's a good enough reason for me to keep them (I also like the options, but that doesn't matter to anyone else on the planet). And the jerseys BU doesn't reuse they can sell for above cost if budget was a concern.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

It's obvious we only have those 4 this year, but like I said I highly doubt that will be the case going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    My preference is for the classic jerseys with the late fifties throwbacks worn occasionally and the early fifties throwbacks thrown out

Sean
                    Which are the early 50’s vs the late 50s?

I didn’t know we had two throwbacks from the 50s? Or are the late 50s the candy canes?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Agreed. But I am still wondering why (except for Harry) nobody is discussing the Terrier on the front. I get it that the press box at WBA was on the end. But those days are gone now. I think the uniform is too bland without the Terrier on it and wish they would reincorporate that into the branding again.
                      I think it could be because (while I respect your preference), the terrier in the front is just not that popular... I personally am not a fan. Also don’t forget the terrier brand logo has changed so if they did out the terrier on the jersey it would probably be the new Rhett logo.

For me, I like the “throwbacks” that spell out Boston University, but I do think they are overused.

I don’t have much preference between the candy canes and the classics (I like them both) but i agree with nick that 6 jerseys are probably not needed. Maybe the thing to do going forward would be to rotate the candy canes and the classics on a full season basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I think it could be because (while I respect your preference), the terrier in the front is just not that popular... I personally am not a fan. Also don’t forget the terrier brand logo has changed so if they did out the terrier on the jersey it would probably be the new Rhett logo.
                        The Terrier logo would not have to be the one from the 70s unis. There are others. Or it could be a new Terrier.

But I would much prefer a Terrier logo on the front to a fourth place to have a number.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                          But I would much prefer a Terrier logo on the front to a fourth place to have a number.
                          This. I'm not saying it has to be "that" Terrier logo...just that the uniform looks bland without one.
                          Last edited by chickod; 02-15-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Per Quinn, Harper still out. They'll "know more next week". They said last week they'd know more this week. Would be nice if someone actually reported more than whether he'd play since we're going on a month and a half long "flu".
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Per Quinn, Harper still out. They'll "know more next week". They said last week they'd know more this week. Would be nice if someone actually reported more than whether he'd play since we're going on a month and a half long "flu".
                              Well, obviously it's much more serious and apparently confidential so they're not at liberty to release the information. If it's a medical thing it very well could be that the HIPAA laws prevent any type of disclosure in that regard. Now one may say "Well then just say it's an 'undisclosed' illness," but that would only prompt further questions and/or speculation and they probably don't want to go down that rathole. Whatever is it, clearly they have been instructed to protect his privacy. I really don't think at this point it's a case of the reporters "not asking the right questions."

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Well, obviously it's much more serious and apparently confidential so they're not at liberty to release the information. If it's a medical thing it very well could be that the HIPAA laws prevent any type of disclosure in that regard. Now one may say "Well then just say it's an 'undisclosed' illness," but that would only prompt further questions and/or speculation and they probably don't want to go down that rathole. Whatever is it, clearly they have been instructed to protect his privacy. I really don't think at this point it's a case of the reporters "not asking the right questions."
                                That may be, but in that case it'd be nice if those who continue to report on this actually report that instead of these repeated "out this week" reports that offer virtually no information. The Freep didn't even report anything on Harper not playing as far as I saw until 2-3 week after he was out. Of course their website only works about 25% of the time so they could've put it in a game story that I couldn't access.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X