This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

I think you have to use NESNgo if you're in the area. ESPN3 gave me a blackout page last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      those born before 1957...
      Sean
      I qualify...

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I'm pretty sure he had at least one, but very limited for sure. He looked so nervous on that play where he passed it to the wall instead of his d-partner.

For a guy that played in the NCAA title game as a freshman, you would think he wouldn't be nervous. Maybe he wasn't, just looked it - he hesitated, then made the pass anyway.
        Since a brutal game vs. UNH in 2016-17, it seems that he's very nervous handling the puck.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          It was definitely a slash, but you could legitimately make the argument that it was 'away from the play' (which it was) and didn't have any bearing on it.
          My referee friend I sit with had this view on that argument - if you don't make egregious calls away from the play then you're opening the door for *anything* to go on away from the play that has no bearing on it. I didn't see it happen live so I have no idea how egregious it was. But at some level there has to be a bar for things that are called in OT. I don't know if the slash on BC met that bar.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          If I had to guess, same line-up as last night, except MacLeod in for Diffley. I suppose he might put Olsson in for Phelps or Chabot since he is a senior, but I don't think that would be a good move.
          I too hope to see McLeod in for Diffley, #20 barely skated last night, though we did have Farrance dressed as a the 6/7 D. I can't see Olsson playing. It's unfortunate that as a senior alternate captain he's not getting ice time, but he played his way out of the lineup by being a walking penalty. Curry, Phelps, and Chabot have put in some excellent shifts in the postseason and none deserve to come out of the lineup.
          Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-17-2018, 01:06 PM.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            I qualify...
            I missed it by this ....... much. So while I didn't think it fair BU had to go to Maine, I was happy to be able to go and see the game.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

What about the hit from behind on Cockerill? Missed call?
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

They actually reviewed it and then never called anything. Replay sure made it look like there should’ve been one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  They actually reviewed it and then never called anything. Replay sure made it look like there should’ve been one.
                  By rule an official can only review a hit to see if a major can be assessed. You can't review and call a minor. The hit on Cockerill was absolutely a boarding/HFB minor, but not worthy of a major.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    By rule an official can only review a hit to see if a major can be assessed. You can't review and call a minor. The hit on Cockerill was absolutely a boarding/HFB minor, but not worthy of a major.
                    I thought it was if a minor was called, they can review and make it a major. Not that they can review and asses a major or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I thought it was if a minor was called, they can review and make it a major. Not that they can review and asses a major or nothing.
                      They can review in either scenario to assess a major. In the case of the Cockerill hit, since nothing was called on the ice the review is only for whether the play called for a major penalty, so it is a case of reviewing to assess a major or do nothing.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        My referee friend I sit with had this view on that argument - if you don't make egregious calls away from the play then you're opening the door for *anything* to go on away from the play that has no bearing on it. I didn't see it happen live so I have no idea how egregious it was. But at some level there has to be a bar for things that are called in OT. I don't know if the slash on BC met that bar.
                        As I'm sure your friend would tell you, the biggest thing players and coaches look for in an official is consistency. So, yes, in a vacuum that's probably not a penalty. But you can't take the play out of context from the rest of the game. The reality is, given the "weak" call against Greenway, it was appropriate to make an equally questionable call the other way. If you look at them out of context probably neither is a penalty.

Regarding the hit on Diffley, that was absolutely a boarding. It was directly in front of us and he just crushed him into the boards. Now they will defend it by saying that (I can't remember who unless I go back and watch the tape) a BU player absolutely flattened a BC player seconds before, but two "wrongs" don't make a right. He could have been seriously hurt. But that was in open ice. This hit was so egregious that you didn't even have to "worry" if it was a hit "from behind" or not; the hit alone (front, back or sideways) definitely merited a penalty.

Comment

Back to four lines tonight. Olsson rejoins the fourth line. Farrance back on D. Diffley out.

Last--and only--time BU played PC for the Hockey East title was 1995. BU won 3-2 on a Matt Wright goal in the final college hockey game at the old Garden. Last time BU played PC at TD Garden....don't remind me.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I think BU won that one 3-2 as well

Comment

Incredible game. BU is this close to breaking through. Hopefully the fatigue factor will begin to set in for Providence.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Incredible game. BU is this close to breaking through. Hopefully the fatigue factor will begin to set in for Providence.
                                the fatigue factor kicked in like a period ago. no legs from last night's gm & late outing for pc. would be a miracle if they came back.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X