PK 2018 - Who do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PK 2018 - Who do you have?

I think Campbell has to be in the discussion, she has ARD type numbers. She has a more composed style than ARD (not good or bad, just an observation) and will probably be around 12 shut outs. Roque makes a move or 2 a game that you just shake your head in wow belief.

Sauve looked bad in Madison, but maybe she was injured? UW snipped her, but one game does not make a season. The rematch in Ohio will be fascinating. That could be an PK elimination series for either goalie.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

If I was voting, based on what I've observed: 1) Bach, 2) Lonergan, 3) Watts. Next forward in the running would figure to be Gabel. Highest goalie in the voting should be Tiley. Sauvé is the most likely in the top 10 from the WCHA. It would be nice to see Vanišová in the top 10, but how many HEA players get a nod?
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I think Campbell has to be in the discussion, she has ARD type numbers. She has a more composed style than ARD (not good or bad, just an observation) and will probably be around 12 shut outs. Roque makes a move or 2 a game that you just shake your head in wow belief.

Sauve looked bad in Madison, but maybe she was injured? UW snipped her, but one game does not make a season. The rematch in Ohio will be fascinating. That could be an PK elimination series for either goalie.
        The Buckeyes looked bad period.. Sauve was excellent the following day if I recall stopping close to 50 shots. Campbell is a good goaltender but needs to be tested to be in the conversation. If Sauve stays healthy for the remainder of the season, she will be in the top 10 but not likely a winner. If Watts keeps playing like she is, it’s a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          If Watts keeps playing like she is, it’s...
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

you people are delirious, they should just do like last year for the R.O.T.Y.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1K9UCpLRo

Comment

Does anyone know the timeline on this? Kaz 10 should be announced sometime this week, right?

I can't imagine Watts isn't the front-runner still.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Does anyone know the timeline on this? Kaz 10 should be announced sometime this week, right?

I can't imagine Watts isn't the front-runner still.
                With my East Coast Bias I think it is Watts, Gabel and Bach as the final 3 but even wearing my Green and Gold Glasses I do not see anyone but Watts winning it.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  With my East Coast Bias I think it is Watts, Gabel and Bach as the final 3 but even wearing my Green and Gold Glasses I do not see anyone but Watts winning it.
                  If Watts wins she would be a first then. No freshman in 20 years has ever won the award. Since 1998 12 seniors, 7 juniors and only 1 sophomore (Jennifer Botterill) have won. But, very few if any freshman have put up the kind of numbers that Watts has this year, so maybe she will win. Of course, as we all know it isn't just numbers that is supposed to decide who gets the award.

As in 2005, how about Bach (forward), Tiley (goalie) and Miano (defenseman) as a final 3. Watts? She'll have 3 more years to win it or maybe even win it twice as Botterill did.

Don't see any Gophers in the top 10 this year, but watch out for next year...
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-19-2018, 05:39 PM. Reason: there might be 2 or 3!
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                    As in 2005, how about Bach (forward), Tiley (goalie) and Miano (defenseman) as a final 3. Watts? She'll have 3 more years to win it or maybe even win it twice as Botterill did.
                    If Watts is the most deserving player, she should win the award. Hard stop.

Comment

If Watts is the most deserving player, she should win the award. Hard stop.
                      Player of the Year, yes. Patty Kazmaier, partly, maybe even mostly, but not all just on numbers. I know nothing about her other qualifications though, so if she's "deserving" in other areas, then she should not be ruled out just because she's a freshman. History points in a different direction though.
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM. Reason: OTOH
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Last year, the 10 were announced on Thursday, Feb 23rd, and top 3 on Thursday, March 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Last year, the 10 were announced on Thursday, Feb 23rd, and top 3 on Thursday, March 2nd.
                          Kaz Watch is on: http://www.pattykaz.com/page/show/717810-kaz-watch

Kaz Watch: Kassidy Sauve Rebounds from Surgery Layoff with Record Season

02/16/2018, 8:15am MST , By Dan Scifo
                          The goaltender missed a year and a half recovering from hip surgery

Shea Tiley Leads in Net for Defending National Champ Clarkson
                          02/09/2018, 7:45am MST , By Dan Scifo
                          Goaltender is putting together another fine season as Golden Knights look to repeat

Kaz Watch: BC’s Makenna Newkirk Thriving in Leadership Role
                          01/31/2018, 9:45am MST , By Dan Scifo
                          Standout forward has come into her own in junior season

Kaz Watch: Clarkson’s Savannah Harmon Again in Conversation for Award
                          01/26/2018, 6:30am MST , By Dan Scifo
                          Defenseman putting together another fine season for defending national champs
                          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            If Watts wins she would be a first then. No freshman in 20 years has ever won the award. Since 1998 12 seniors, 7 juniors and only 1 sophomore (Jennifer Botterill) have won.
                            Botterill won as a junior in 2001. She was centralized for the 2002 Olympics. She won as a senior in 2003. So no, a sophomore hasn't won.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Botterill won as a junior in 2001. She was centralized for the 2002 Olympics. She won as a senior in 2003. So no, a sophomore hasn't won.
                              Wow, I did not know that, thanks for this

Comment

Does anyone know why Julie Chu is not credited with the NCAA rookie scoring record? I've always thought that she had 93 points, and as far as I can tell, those all came versus NCAA programs. Is there some opponent for Harvard in 2002-03 that would cause those points to not be legit?

Comment

Working...
                                X