This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:27 - Whites and Pink Starbursts Inquire Within

Yes, in 2013 the House Majority Repubs tried killing ACA by forcing it's delay to pass the budget, and the Senate Majority Dems wanted to just pass a status quo budget to keep working.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Wall is the Wall, it has never changed or evolved from the first day I conceived of it. Parts will be, of necessity, see through and it was never intended to be built in areas where there is natural protection such as mountains, wastelands or tough rivers or water.....
      — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Jan. 18, 2018

....The Wall will be paid for, directly or indirectly, or through longer term reimbursement, by Mexico, which has a ridiculous $71 billion dollar trade surplus with the U.S. The $20 billion dollar Wall is “peanuts” compared to what Mexico makes from the U.S. NAFTA is a bad joke!
      — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Jan. 18, 2018
      WASHINGTON — President Trump directly contradicted his own chief of staff on Thursday and said his position on building a wall between the United States and Mexico had not “evolved.”

Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, John F. Kelly, told some Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday that Mr. Trump had “evolved” on the issue of the wall, and that the president was not “fully informed” when he promised to build such a barrier last year.
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Talk about throwing your chief of staff under a bus.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Or are you referring to the 1995 shutdown where the Republican Majority Congress tried to axe Medicare, education, and environmental expansion and Bill Clinton (D) vetoed it?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I seem to notice a trend. It appears the Republicans, in the false name of smaller government, continue to sh** upon those needing Medicare or healthcare, those who enjoy clean air and water, and those who are book smart.

For almost 25 years.

*edited for clarity after Scooby quoted*
          Last edited by aparch; 01-18-2018, 08:52 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I seem to notice a trend. It appears the Republicans, in the false name of smaller government, continue to sh** upon those needing Medicare or healthcare, and enjoy clean air, and book learning.
            Correct. I also heard some reporting this morning that said that the 1000's of women coming out to run for office are for two reasons.

1. The GOP's insistence on destroying Health Care.
            2. They always felt unqualified to run until an unqualified ***** grabber defeated a qualified candidate.

Here's hoping that really does change things. I doubt it. We have Jodi Ernst and Kristjen Nielsen to show otherwise. It's probably that group that will get elected.

And to prove that thesis, here.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...y-nielsen.html

I bet that narrative survives more than any movement on the Democratic side.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Breaking News: President Donald J. Trump upset the GOP plan to avert a shutdown, saying he opposed extending a children's health program as part of a stopgap bill.
              Heard that's the carrot they were giving Democrats to avoid DACA altogether. And Trump torpedoed it. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                I seem to notice a trend. It appears the Republicans, in the false name of smaller government, continue to sh** upon those needing Medicare or healthcare, those who enjoy clean air and water, and those who are book smart.

For almost 25 years.
                Seeing how y'all think I'm one of these, to take a word form the fake news network, ****holes...

No one's arguing they shouldn't have health care. This is one of those arguments that takes an apple, compares it to an orange, and then cries wolf. What's being argued is that they should not be obligated to buy it, especially if it is from a single entity that is not accepted by many practitioners because of not knowing the ability to pay out, seeing how it's illegal to use other means to pay by the standards of the entity you cited.

Clean air and clean water is a perfectly fine thing, but not at the expense of being able to thrive, especially if it's making things worse (read: ethanol). The policies dictated by the overzealous EPA were meant to destroy the ability of this country to generate energy. And if you want to consider the global pacts, why would developed countries like China and India receive a free pass, while the western countries are subject to draconian regulations? That speaks to me that it isn't actually about clean air and clean water, but destroying the west.

Book smarts and concepts are all well and good, but how good are they at applying and executing those concepts in real life situations? Is critical thinking able to be used, building on the concepts, to actually solve a problem? I'll give you that the Republican argument, at least in the way you phrase it, is either missing context or short-sighted. However, when you have a number of people with collegiate degrees that aren't able to apply it and are instead stuck with thousands in loans while pumping gas or making cappuccinos, it's time to re-think the whole educational experience and determine if proper skills are being taught.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  The physical, no matter how fudged, is a distraction. Stay focused on what matters, folks.
                  Hey, I get in trouble for telling folks to watch the magician's other hand.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    AYFKM? That's treason. Period.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      There's no way. He's bigger than I am and I'm about 230 at 5'9"...
                      No muscle mass would be my guess. The guy is 70+.

On this subject, I heard a new word today. Move over "birthers"; here come the "girthers".
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-18-2018, 09:36 AM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Aaah, yes. A lack of problem solving on Health Care and the Environment is the electorate's fault. Makes perfect sense. Would we have gone to the Moon without the Government?

I hate this country. We're lazy and we don't solve problems. Our solution to Health Care and the Environment is no new ideas let's just deregulate and let everything implode. Good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Hi pot, I'm kettle. Remember what happened during the last shutdown?
                          Yeah the GOP shut it down because they are a bunch of whiny crybabies. Want to try again Snowflake?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Talk about throwing your chief of staff under a bus.
                            That is pretty hilarious. I wouldnt mess with Kelly that dude is certifiable.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Correct. I also heard some reporting this morning that said that the 1000's of women coming out to run for office are for two reasons.

1. The GOP's insistence on destroying Health Care.
                              2. They always felt unqualified to run until an unqualified ***** grabber defeated a qualified candidate.

Here's hoping that really does change things. I doubt it. We have Jodi Ernst and Kristjen Nielsen to show otherwise. It's probably that group that will get elected.

And to prove that thesis, here.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...y-nielsen.html

I bet that narrative survives more than any movement on the Democratic side.
                              Well a Woman did just win the special election in Sconnie in a district Trump won by 17 points.

Kristejen Nielsen is awful. Watching her get destroyed when testifying the other day was amazing. When Booker and Kamala were tearing her testimony apart she looked ready to *bleep* a brick.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Lying and withholding information from Congress? That's BS. If it's not treason it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X