X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:27 - Whites and Pink Starbursts Inquire Within

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Wait to see how it plays out. Republicans had two hostages. DACA and CHiP. They let one hostage go as a good will gesture in order to buy more time to plan their escape. Great but that means they lost leverage 3 weeks from now. There is no way Goopers were going to fund that program out of the kindness of their hearts or they would have done so already. Instead they gave up their biggest asset first. That wouldn't have happened had Dems not brought DACA to the table as well.
    Like I said before. I hope you're right. I wouldn't want to be an immigrant right now. And, I wouldn't want to be the United States when it loses all it's scientists to other nations.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      He was never convicted. Innocent until proved guilty.
      Think, flaggy. Not the sexual assault claims.

Comment

You know the left done messed up when even Jim Acosta's calling you out... http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump...-gambled-lost/

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Think, flaggy. Not the sexual assault claims.
          Unless you're trying to bring some slur into this, I have no idea what you're referencing when it comes to Roy Moore, following the law, and going through the proper channels to change it if you don't like it.

Comment

I see yesterday was declared "National Sanctity of Human Life Day". Very good of him to bring awareness to those developing. But I'm sure it's been twisted...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Tear the ****ing statue down then. It's an abomination and another lie to the world.
              Can't. Senate Republicans in the State of Virginia are too busy celebrating all the statue stands for.

Oh, not the statue you were talking about?
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                You didn't ask me, but as a conservative I'd like us to quit providing for the defense of 30-something foreign countries that are fully capable of fielding their own military. We're wasting boatloads of money on this volunteer global defense. In fact we could probably cut OVER half our military budget.
                It took me until today to realize that Mike Pence (who calls Stormy Daniels an unfounded allegation) is not a human person. Trump Inc. had him killed 1.5 years ago and replaced him with an android programmed to be obsequious.
                I am more of a pragmatist than an idealist when I think about this. Do I want to decrease spending? yup but it isn't just about the money.

-Say you decrease the spending, cut bases and make those other countries do stuff with their military. Then what do you do when they go rogue? I may be way off base but IMHO having bases there is a 2 way street. Yes we provide protection but we also are in a bunch of places and can respond if there is a threat. In a time where we have a person in charge who has burned just about every bridge available, we still have physical presence. Hopefully they interact with the populations in a way that can give some positive impression. Personally, I find this reassuring. the dipsh1t may lose us all respect internationally but we still have presence when he no longer has any chips to call in to get another country to assist. Ain't no sane person going to trust him to keep his word and put their country on the line. THey might do things but only if they can do them without counting on us

-even if the above isn't important what do you do with all the jobs that loses. The bases are economic hubs- they bring population that spends, gets involved in the community, etc. Do I think we should be paying ridiculous amounts for toilet seats? No. But... if you are going to dismantle this it should be done in an intelligent way. Considering we have a completely inept President, a legislature that can't pull their head out of their a55s nevermind actually look more than 5 minutes down the road the thought of this scares me.

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                How does a brain dead person managed to post on here?
                I wonder this often

Originally posted by burd View Post
                And for this month only, you can protect against Mexican rapists and murderers with our popular Spic-Be-Gone spray for the low low price of $39.95. You will feel better knowing you can sleep at night.
                THanks for making me spit out my lunch. You must spread...
                Last edited by leswp1; 01-23-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

The forward deployment bases are about backing our economic power with the threat of force. We impose the current economic order with violence. People don't just make 60 cents a day by accident, it requires an enormously expensive geo-political apparatus to hold them down. The world doesn't accept the petro-dollar economy because they fear being denied reruns of Full House.

Maybe 10% of the US military is about "defense." The rest is a deliberate choice to starve people and programs at home to fund the federalized army that forces countries to accept our extractive economy. It's similar to 19th century European colonialism, except we use financial institutions instead of occupational forces (the Brits were already making this transition in the first half of the 20th century). When a country refuses to go along we put the screws to them with sanctions, reserving the final ominous options of "bloody constraint": assassination, bombing, and invasion. A classic protection racket. Think about the enemy regimes post-WW2: PRC, the USSR, North Korea, Cuba, Congo, Dominican Republic, Brazil, North Vietnam, Chile, Angola, Nicaragua, Iran, Iraq, Venezuela. Very different countries with one common element: they tried to construct alternatives to the Breton Woods economic order. That made them "dangerous" and "terrible human rights regimes," while equally unstable and heinous states who played along were never cast as the Big Bad.

The barriers to rightsizing the military are:

1. It's an enormous federal jobs program, the largest pork project in history. The dislocation would be catastrophic.

2. In the past at least that militarily-imposed economic order maintained an artificially high standard of living for Americans. (This barrier has mostly been destroyed by neo-liberal policies that shunt 90%+ of the benefits away from American workers to corporations and the 1%, leaving us to pay for an army with our with our taxes that delivers its plunder to only the very rich. We're not losing much for the average American anymore by shedding the Empire.)

3. Obvious ideological and emotional objections by the limp dicks for whom a huge bristling army is their consolation for their economic (and actual sexual) impotence.

Put the chicks in charge and the military gets cut by 50% over the next 50 years.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2018, 11:40 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Chuck now says he’s pulled the support for the wall.
                    Perhaps he realized he was going to be swindled

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      That's not good news. Basically what that means is DACA is dead. So, the Democrats will not agree on the wall funding. Maybe that's what it needs to be or just have the GOP go Nuclear on the bit and be done with it. Build the wall and deport all the illegals including the DACA folks.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I am more of a pragmatist than an idealist when I think about this. Do I want to decrease spending? yup but it isn't just about the money.

-Say you decrease the spending, cut bases and make those other countries do stuff with their military. Then what do you do when they go rogue? I may be way off base but IMHO having bases there is a 2 way street. Yes we provide protection but we also are in a bunch of places and can respond if there is a threat. In a time where we have a person in charge who has burned just about every bridge available, we still have physical presence. Hopefully they interact with the populations in a way that can give some positive impression. Personally, I find this reassuring. the dipsh1t may lose us all respect internationally but we still have presence when he no longer has any chips to call in to get another country to assist. Ain't no sane person going to trust him to keep his word and put their country on the line. THey might do things but only if they can do them without counting on us

-even if the above isn't important what do you do with all the jobs that loses. The bases are economic hubs- they bring population that spends, gets involved in the community, etc. Do I think we should be paying ridiculous amounts for toilet seats? No. But... if you are going to dismantle this it should be done in an intelligent way. Considering we have a completely inept President, a legislature that can't pull their head out of their a55s nevermind actually look more than 5 minutes down the road the thought of this scares me.
                        Certainly one thing I do respect about you: actual critical thinking. Not only looking at the next move, but the 5 or 6 moves after that. Obviously we're going to disagree on the perception of foreign relations, as I sort of prefer the "Respect mah authoritah" attitude, as showing weakness gives enemies the opportunity they seek. It is a very bad predicament where, when you depose a regime, you have to wonder whom you can trust, because anyone can rise to power. Sadly, because of the doings of the Bush 43 and Obama administrations, it's a problem that has to be solved. I just hope we don't end up practicing insanity and do it again in the near future, as that's the one thing I fear about North Korea at this point. I'm glad Trump's open to discussions and other peaceful means to work it out, and I hope he can keep Mad Dog and Kelly at bay, because they're the ones egging on the enemies.

As for the expensive toilet seats, the military needs to take some responsibility and not make the ends justify the means in their asks. A lot of that comes from how things come apart during heavy turbulence, emergency landings, and all kinds of odd happenings. Could things be built to last? Sure, as that's on the manufacturer in trying to appease investors' need for recurring revenue. However, even when it's built to last, things could happen in one-in-a-million situations, and accounting for that just adds to the costs. Advancement of technology is something that will keep people in this sector employed, so I don't worry about their employment. Just remain under control and we'll be able to be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Not swindled, so much as he realized that, by holding the government hostage over DACA, he was putting the needs of illegals over the needs of Americans. If he doesn't want to support the wall, that's fine, and I'm not so comfortable with the wall either, mostly because of who's going to have the key to the gate at any point the wall exists.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Not swindled, so much as he realized that, by holding the government hostage over DACA, he was putting the needs of illegals over the needs of Americans. If he doesn't want to support the wall, that's fine, and I'm not so comfortable with the wall either, mostly because of who's going to have the key to the gate at any point the wall exists.
                            Tear the ****ing statue down.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              That's not good news. Basically what that means is DACA is dead. So, the Democrats will not agree on the wall funding. Maybe that's what it needs to be or just have the GOP go Nuclear on the bit and be done with it. Build the wall and deport all the illegals including the DACA folks.
                              I too don't have high hopes for the DACA at this point but perhaps people will realize the importance of voting next time if they feel the people brought here not of their own choice deserve some protections? I mean, its not like Trump didn't signal he was going to do this during the campaign. You could see this coming from outer space.

The key to all of this is the House. Can Weasel Paul Ryan keep passing CR's for a short amount of time with only Goopers, or do the Freedumb Caucus nutters decide to burn the place down? If they do that's when the Dems can extract concessions if their votes are needed.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I too don't have high hopes for the DACA at this point but perhaps people will realize the importance of voting next time if they feel the people brought here not of their own choice deserve some protections? I mean, its not like Trump didn't signal he was going to do this during the campaign. You could see this coming from outer space.

The key to all of this is the House. Can Weasel Paul Ryan keep passing CR's for a short amount of time with only Goopers, or do the Freedumb Caucus nutters decide to burn the place down? If they do that's when the Dems can extract concessions if their votes are needed.
                                I would have thought after that horrid Michigan deportation that would have been a no brainer. But, as usual the GOP cares about no one but the rich. They've snowballed their base.

Comment

Working...
                                X