This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:27 - Whites and Pink Starbursts Inquire Within

My issue... Who's name is he paying taxes under?

While not as hard line as some above, nor as soft as others above, this guy needs to be put in a queue for the path towards citizenship. But needs to also watch over his shoulder.

Obviously at 10 he doesn't have the wherewithall to understand that he's here illegally, nor does he have the power to return home at that age. If he's been a meaningful contributor to the US, then let's work on getting him some form of legal status.

Should he have been deported? He is here illegally, without proper documentation, against all existing laws; therefore he meets the reasons why he should be kicked out.

Should he be deported because he was an easy mark, dutifully complied with checking in with ICE, and easy to find and send home?
    They could have "not found him" for a while, and searched out those more deserving of deportation.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

While not as hard line as some above, nor as soft as others above, this guy needs to be put in a queue for the path towards citizenship. But needs to also watch over his shoulder.

Obviously at 10 he doesn't have the wherewithall to understand that he's here illegally, nor does he have the power to return home at that age. If he's been a meaningful contributor to the US, then let's work on getting him some form of legal status.

Should he have been deported? He is here illegally, without proper documentation, against all existing laws; therefore he meets the reasons why he should be kicked out.

Should he be deported because he was an easy mark, dutifully complied with checking in with ICE, and easy to find and send home?
      They could have "not found him" for a while, and searched out those more deserving of deportation.
      Immigration is just like the Health Care issue. We're failures. In fact, I can't think of too much we're good at anymore.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        The law is a harsh mistress. If you put feelings over the law, you have anarchy.

Sucks, but that's the price you pay for a nation of laws.
        Said without a hint of irony...

Comment

Why is this an issue? I'd put money on the fact he is owed a return and isn't filing for it, nor is whoevers social he is using. So why is paying MORE than his "share" an issue?

Comment

Hey, they supported him more than they did Romney. It's their own fault.

As it's been pointed out before, it's the people voting in support of the "lions eating humans party," because they call it like it is, then become appalled when lions start eating their family because "I didn't think they'd eat *my* family."
            Yup. "I can't BELIEVE da Republicans kicked people out of the country who were no threat, passed massive tax cuts for billionaires, took health insurance away from people and started enforcing anti-pot laws! I know they said they'd do all that, but I didn't think they'd go through with it!"
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

This American Life had an excellent two part episode called Our Town about the effects of immigration, both legal and illegal, on a town in Alabama.

If you've got a couple hours to spare it's definitely worth a listen.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Too bad those more deserving usually find some loophole, or are more proficient at evasion. However, the same arguments have been made as challenges to gun control legislation on other previous threads, and it can all be summed up in one phrase: "Criminals don't follow laws."

There is another large issue at hand with deportation: Sure you can deport them, but where do you send them to? Is there even documentation of a "home country"? Pretty sure it's anti-human rights to just drop them off at the border, or worse, in the middle of international waters. Whether DACA was a huge mistake or not, they're now "our problem" (whether or not you want to call it a problem), and have to do something about it, because it conflicts with our laws, and there is significant pressure to ensure they do not just get a free pass.

Comment

That's actually a really good point Flag, where do we just dump these people? Does every Latino sounding name get a one way ticket to Mexico City? There are people scheduled to be deported that will be dropped off somewhere with no family, no phone contacts, no working cell phone (potentially), and with literally their clothes on their backs and whatever they packed.

And, without proper documentation, they can't even use the US Embassy as a safe haven.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That's actually a really good point Flag, where do we just dump these people? Does every Latino sounding name get a one way ticket to Mexico City?.
                    Pretty much, yes. I seriously doubt Trump is concerned about where these people get dumped, as long as they get dumped somewhere over the border.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Pretty much, yes. I seriously doubt Trump is concerned about where these people get dumped, as long as they get dumped somewhere over the border.
                      Trump has famously said, "Get 'em outta here!" to protesters, and "Get that son of a b*tch off the field! He's FIRED!" to NFL owners. So you're 100% correct - he doesn't give two of his rock hard McDumps where these illegal immigrants go, no matter how long they've been here, or if they have families, or if they've been contributing to the economy and their neighborhoods. As long as they aren't in the US anymore, he's thrilled.

Comment

That's actually a really good point Flag, where do we just dump these people? Does every Latino sounding name get a one way ticket to Mexico City? There are people scheduled to be deported that will be dropped off somewhere with no family, no phone contacts, no working cell phone (potentially), and with literally their clothes on their backs and whatever they packed.

And, without proper documentation, they can't even use the US Embassy as a safe haven.
                        Too bad we're running out of places on this planet, otherwise we'd create another Australia (formerly a British penal colony for those who didn't know). But then they'd still be subjects of ours, so there's that to take into account. What seems to be the main driving factor: If our country is going to take care of someone, either become a citizen, get permission to be here, or "get off my lawn". I'd say try to find someone that will take them in, but those who have in the past (including us) are finding that the responsibility is not one that can be bore while simultaneously caring for its own subjects.

Maybe we'll pull a StarCraft and shoot the "penal colony" into deep space.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Trump has famously said, "Get 'em outta here!" to protesters, and "Get that son of a b*tch off the field! He's FIRED!" to NFL owners. So you're 100% correct - he doesn't give two of his rock hard McDumps where these illegal immigrants go, no matter how long they've been here, or if they have families, or if they've been contributing to the economy and their neighborhoods. As long as they aren't in the US anymore, he's thrilled.
                          Throwing someone out of a campaign rally is significantly different from deporting someone, because at least with a campaign rally, they still have a home to go to. I'm fairly certain he recognizes that, in order to "dump a person somewhere", that somewhere has to be willing to accept them. I'm fairly certain he also understands that throwing them in international waters is a violation of human rights. I know there are a lot of knee-jerk republicans that are as short-sighted as you describe, but Trump, along with those who also critically think, are not.

Comment

All I know is we destroyed a family last night. And Lady Liberty wept. But, I'm sure Tom Cotton, Donald Trump, Turtle Boy, Paul Ryan, and Kevin McCarthy were all happy about it.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Appears the RNC found a white woman to run its organization. Makes sense. They own 53% of that Constituency. She also is a Romney and supports Trump 100%.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel said in a new interview that she doesn’t believe her uncle, Mitt Romney, is a “never Trumper.”
                              http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-never-trumper
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Comment

If Romney tries to flip-flop on Trump as he preps for his Senate bid, McMullin should challenge him in the primary. No way in spooky Mormon hell that McMullin would do that to him, but it would be fun to watch the Mittster get shredded again.

Comment

Working...
                                X