X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:27 - Whites and Pink Starbursts Inquire Within

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Regarding the budget, unless I'm missing something, the Goopers are proposing extending CHiP for 6 years in exchange for funding the govt for one month? Look, I'd take that deal and laugh if I were the Dems, then next month come back and put the screws to them on DACA. Not saying jump on it immediately but as it would be nice to force the GOP to do both, but if that's the way it ultimately plays out its not a bad deal. Get as much as you can now, come back for more next month, and even more when the debt limit is reached.
    yeah, I agree

Comment

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s acting director, Mick Mulvaney, intensified his efforts this week to curb an agency he has denounced as a regulator run amok. His latest tactic: starve it of cash.

The consumer bureau is funded directly by the Federal Reserve and sends the central bank a request each quarter for money for its operations. On Wednesday, Mr. Mulvaney sent a letter requesting $0 for the current quarter, which runs through March.

The bureau has been sitting on a $177.1 million reserve fund, Mr. Mulvaney said in his letter. He plans to use that to cover the bureau’s projected quarterly expenses of $145 million.
      It's almost dead. Almost.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/b...imes&smtyp=cur

Warren's legacy will be shattered. And what legislation has she produced? Not much.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        It's almost dead. Almost.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/18/b...imes&smtyp=cur

Warren's legacy will be shattered. And what legislation has she produced? Not much.
        If only there was some way to have prevented this....

But, look on the bright side. Its not going away, its on hiatus until we get a new administration.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Well, well, well... https://www.infowars.com/congressman...released-soon/

About time this ridiculous witch hunt comes to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Oh Honey...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              That’s how executive privilege works.
              No, you have to invoke it, much as you would your 5th Amendment rights. Furthermore, executive privilege doesn't pertain to events that occurred before one became the "executive".
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Until a Verified piece of paper is laid before a competent authority, it doesn't exist.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  No, you have to invoke it, much as you would your 5th Amendment rights. Furthermore, executive privilege doesn't pertain to events that occurred before one became the "executive".
                  Funny how that works. And Bannon never invoked it. Yet, everyone believes he was following the law.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    DACA is an 80-20 issue like background checks.
                    You answered your own question.

The 20 knew they didn't have the support to get rid of it straight up, so they refused to fund children's healthcare for months to use it as a bargaining chip here. They changed the question from "Do you want DACA?" to "Do you want DACA or do you want CHIP?" It's good politics if you've completely given up any shred of your own humanity.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I see a lot of [strikethrough]accounts[/strikethrough]bots on Twitter are calling to "release them emo". I, for one, do not think we should release the emos. Their music is horrible and they should be forced to suffer for their crimes.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Funny how that works. And Bannon never invoked it. Yet, everyone believes he was following the law.
                        What law? There's nothing in the Constitution about "executive privilege". Just another made up right by activist judges, stemming from Nixon and Watergate.

Our strict Constitutionalists here should be totally against such an action. But they won't be because Trump.
                        Last edited by rufus; 01-19-2018, 02:01 PM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          What law? There's nothing in the Constitution about "executive privilege". Just another made up right by activist judges, stemming from Nixon and Watergate.

Our strict Constitutipnalists here should be totally against such an action. But they won't be because Trump.
                          Wasn't executive privilege invoked by Washington at some point?

Comment

Yeah but it wasnt nearly the same thing. The House wanted documents on the Jay Treaty which Washington said they were not privy to because The Senate ratifies treaties not the House. Jefferson also did dealing with Aaron Burr. Neither of those Presidents were being investigated for crimes.

The modern day version of this (coming from Judiciary not Legislative) stems from United States vs. Nixon.

Let me guess Flaggy you think Nixon was screwed right?
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trump has suddenly become pro-life, and mentions how Roe v. Wade has been a terrible thing.

Let us not forget that he wanted Tiffany aborted.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

GOP Really Hates the FBI

They are gambling a lot on this in the name of Trump. If the midterms crap the bed and/or if The Thief in Chief loses in 2020 you are going to have the investigative arm of the DOJ hating you. I mean I guess it could turn out ok but my guess is you dont want to feel the wrath of the FBI if you have anything to hide.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X