Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

"We have a saying that 'you can't pick your parents, your gender, or the president of Russia'"

Ksenia sobchak
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The apes are at it again in everybody's garden spot.
      Well I dont think you can much blame Israel for retaliating when Iran and Syria make the first move.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well I dont think you can much blame Israel for retaliating when Iran and Syria make the first move.
        This is like Ralph's championship belt holders list. You have to go back to the beginning (the Mandate?) to see who fired the first bullet or tossed the first bomb.

Everything after that has been ***-for-tat.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          "We have a saying that 'you can't pick your parents, your gender, or the president of Russia'"

Ksenia sobchak
          Nothing had changed in Russia since the Tsars. Just crown VVP Tsar and have an end to it.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Nothing had changed in Russia since the Tsars. Just crown VVP Tsar and have an end to it.
            And now your party is trying to import that system because it appeals to our oligarchs.

Be proud. So very proud.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The point is they're all as-sholes and they all deserve what they get. Their stupid Hatfield-McCoy feud is more important to them than the lives of their children. Just leave them to fight it out in their sandbox. Put a jar over it so none of the idiocy affects anybody else.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                And now your party is trying to import that system because it appeals to our oligarchs.

Be proud. So very proud.
                Partiya Trumpa - sila narodnaya
                Nas k torzhestvu Kapitalizma vedyot!

CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I estimate the likelihood that Malcolm Turnbull is banging his staffer at 98%.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-15-2018, 06:30 AM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

You'll love the tweet. You'll probably hate the article.

@PatrickBuchanan: George W. Bush, with the U.S. establishment united behind him, invaded Iraq with the goal of creating a Vermont in the Middle East.. http://bit.ly/2HVG8JL
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This news, if followed up by substantive action, is remarkable.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has told the South that he is willing to begin talks with the US on abandoning its nuclear weapons and that he would suspend all weapons tests during negotiations, according to reports.

South Korean national security chief Chung Eui Yong announced Pyongyang’s agreement on a moratorium of nuclear and missile tests and said the two Koreas will hold a summit in late April.
                      “The North Korean side clearly stated its willingness to denuclearize,” according to a statement by Moon’s office, the New York Times reported.

“It made it clear that it would have no reason to keep nuclear weapons if the military threat to the North was eliminated and its security guaranteed.
                      He said the North also made it clear that it wouldn’t need to keep its nuclear weapons if military threats against the nation are resolved and it receives a security guarantee.
                      Here's the link to the NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/06/w...T.nav=top-news
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        This news, if followed up by substantive action, is remarkable.

Here's the link to the NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/06/w...T.nav=top-news
                        "I won't grab anymore territory after you give me the Sudetenland." - A. Hitler

"This (Indian) Treaty gives the (insert Nation) perpetual rights to (area of land)." - succession of US governments.

"When I returned, Mary Jo and the car were gone." - Ted

"I am not a crook." R. Nixon

Don't believe a word Rocket Man is saying.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Don't believe a word Rocket Man is saying.
                          Hence the "if followed by substantive action."

You know the US will insist on a rigorous inspections regime. That will be the test whether Kim is truly serious or not.

The danger is not as much North Korea itself using nuclear weapons as it is in their selling nuclear material to someone else who would then use it.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

You missed your other right wing god, Reagan: trust but verify
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"I won't grab anymore territory after you give me the Sudetenland." - A. Hitler

"This (Indian) Treaty gives the (insert Nation) perpetual rights to (area of land)." - succession of US governments.

"When I returned, Mary Jo and the car were gone." - Ted

"I am not a crook." R. Nixon
                              "I don't recall." -- R. Reagan

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies and against us." -- D. Cheney

(everything) -- D. Trump
                              Cornell University

Comment

Instead of missiles, he's using volcanoes!!!!

@AP: A volcano in Japan that appeared in a James Bond film erupts, shooting smoke and ash thousands of feet into the sky and grounding dozens of flights. http://apne.ws/jOmvo8e
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X