Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Nerds don’t refer to them as SA, #1

Did I give myself away?

Comment

Prepping for conventional warfare with the Norks.

Comment

Arming and training rebels worked so well in Afghanistan and Iraq - let's try it again!

Comment

Somebody new with an IRBM

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...&template=mwdt
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Arming and training rebels worked so well in Afghanistan and Iraq - let's try it again!
            We never learn. Never.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              We never learn. Never.
              Isolationism is not the answer, but something close to it may be better than being a cop.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Isolationism is not the answer, but something close to it may be better than being a cop.
                Those are not the only two options.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Those are not the only two options.
                  Nope, but something in between is. The trouble is people love the ledge.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Calculate the effect of a nuclear weapon in your neighborhood.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Am I dead? Yes. Good.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If China hit Manila with their largest estimated might I'm safe.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

"They're Afghani freedom fighters! They're on our side! WE'RE AMERICANS!"
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I say this very, very grudgingly, only with the benefit of hindsight, it does appear that someone in the Administration is playing a long game in the Middle East, which is refreshing in itself, and even more there are preliminary signs it is starting to work. Whomever is behind it, it is clearly a multi-step sequential plan.

In the background, US has through back channels facilitated and coordinated strategy between the new king and crown prince in Saudi, King in Jordan, and Netanyahu, the Arab countries can't afford to care about Gaza/West Bank any longer because all their energy has to be channeled into fighting Iran - that's a matter of survival for them.
                            So, Gaza/West Bank is on its own now; no one cares about them any more.
                            US recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel (headlines) while simultaneously insisting that negotiations over the status of East Jerusalem are still underway, that detail hasn't been decided yet (fine print if at all).
                            Muted protest, big yawn on the Arab street.
                            Abbas throws a fit, Trump chastises him and cuts the US contribution to the UN Agency that provides relief to Gaza/West Bank and warns Abbas to be more thoughtful.
                            Pence visits the Middle East, Abbas snubs him and throws another fit, US cuts off all aid to Gaza/West Bank entirely until he apologizes and recognizes Israel's right to exist.

"The biggest road block to Middle East peace was the status of Jerusalem. Well, that's been decided. Now there shouldn't be anything standing in the way of peace."
                            Again, very grudgingly, I notice another step to follow: other Arab countries no longer condemn Israel, yet they don't openly acknowledge it either, a silent peaceful coexistence strategy. No one wants to be first to be the next Arab country to formally recognize Israel, at least for now. So why not force the "Palestinians" to be the first ones who have to formally acknowledge Israel's right to exist? It will take a bit more time to play out and lots of bad things in Syria or with Iraq's Kurds could still disrupt everything here entirely...I never expected it to work out like it has so quickly though. They played Abbas perfectly, now he is globally isolated for such deranged televised ranting, and his foreign aid is drying up too. He is endplayed now.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              I say this very, very grudgingly, only with the benefit of hindsight, it does appear that someone in the Administration is playing a long game in the Middle East, which is refreshing in itself, and even more there are preliminary signs it is starting to work. Whomever is behind it, it is clearly a multi-step sequential plan.
                              You grudgingly give your administration credit? How noble of you.

This administration isn't planning anything -- they are numbskulls. Insofar as there's any philosophy at all it's that same old warmed-over John Bolton "Pax Americana" delusion that gave us the Iraq occupation.

It's just children ramming their elbows on the keys, like every Republican since the Bulgarian Pederast.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The only thing this admin is planning is pro-Israel dick-waving.

Saudi Arabia's brands of monarchical theocracy and Islam are more extreme than Iran's, and their human rights record is worse. The Saudis should not be our allies, but unfortunately that ship has sailed, so we're stuck with Iran (OOGA BOOGA! ) as Public Enemy #2.

Comment

Working...
                                X