Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    This looks great! Every college and HS kid in America should be taught what a vile, evil bastard sob Allen Dulles was.
    https://youtu.be/3az-0IALCpY
    just following orders

(any idea what the new name of the airport may be now?? )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      just following orders

(any idea what the new name of the airport may be now?? )
      😀😀

Good point on Dulles airport. Honestly since the Dulles brothers had their banking buddies provide millions of dollars to IG Farben and the nazi’s they committed treason. Just to **** off the CIA and **** on the Dulles brothers rename the airport with any of the following: Arbenz field, Mossadegh airport, RFK airport, JFK international, Sandinista field (if gop goes nuts tell em it’s about The Clash!), Guevera airport. 😈😈😈
      Last edited by solovsfett; 05-12-2018, 11:46 PM.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        😀😀

Good point on Dulles airport. Honestly since the Dulles brothers had their banking buddies provide millions of dollars to IG Farben and the nazi’s they committed treason. Just to **** of the CIA and **** on the Dulles brothers rename the airport with any of the following: Arbenz field, Mossadegh airport, RFK airport, JFK international, Sandinista field (if gop goes nuts tell em it’s about The Clash!), Guevera airport. 😈😈😈
        Would Sandinista Field have a constant loop of “Washington Bullets” and “Police On My Back” playing in the background?
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Well positioned. In your example, you could see a rationale side to such an act.

However, I would say that the case of our policy of torture varies from that scenario in two ways 1) that the benefits of torture for policy are much more intangible or unknown (we can't know the true linkage to threats or our ability to execute on that information) 2) there are many dangers of both us overdoing torture and/or having the 'bad men' not just be those being tortured but those doing the torture.
          I agree. I wasn't trying to defend waterboarding, etc. as an acceptable policy.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Would Sandinista Field have a constant loop of “Washington Bullets” and “Police On My Back” playing in the background?
            You bet!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

You bet!
              Then I am 100% behind this proposal.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This looks great! Every college and HS kid in America should be taught what a vile, evil bastard sob Allen Dulles was.
                https://youtu.be/3az-0IALCpY
                Allen "OSS" Dulles? Brother of John Foster(Dull, Duller) Dulles? Uncle of Avery Cardinal Dulles? That Dulles?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You're missing the whole point. Obviously Mommy's going to do that if she thinks it will save her child. That's what Mommy does.

The problem is, torture doesn't work. The victim just makes up whatever they think the torturer wants to hear to make the pain stop. Anyone will say anything. That's how you get people confessing to making deals with the devil to poison the wheat crop. Everybody who has ever studied torture understands this.

Despite the universal knowledge among people who study torture that it doesn't work, some people in positions of authority still have their fantasies drawn to it. Those people want to torture. They're not interested in information -- they're either sadists who love inflicting pain or they're cynics who know that projecting sadism plays well with the apes among us.
                  I was simply suggesting your labeling of Haspel as a definitive monster is unsupported. There are obviously reasons other than being a sadist that Haspel may have for whatever actions she may have taken. I merely suggested a set of facts that would compel nearly everyone to take similar actions. She wasn't a Greystone interrogator herself, and as a middle management type person in the field directly confronting terrorists immediately post 9/11, I suspect the picture was a bit different than it is from my living room 17 years later.

Of course it is possible Haspel is indeed a monster. I just don't see the case for it as overly compelling. It's also possible Obama got off on watching footage of Predator drones blasting away while alone late at night in the situation room. But I don't come to that conclusion either.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Allen "OSS" Dulles? Brother of John Foster(Dull, Duller) Dulles? Uncle of Avery Cardinal Dulles? That Dulles?
                    That’s the one! I believe there were three Secretaries of State from that family including John Foster.

Devil’s Chessboard is an amazing read on Allen Dulles. Operation sunrise, operation Ajax and so much more.

Comment

That’s the one! I believe there were three Secretaries of State from that family including John Foster.

Devil’s Chessboard is an amazing read on Allen Dulles. Operation sunrise, operation Ajax and so much more.
                      "The United States doesn't have friends. It has interests."
                      - Charles deGaulle -- falsely attributed to J.F. Dulles.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        I was simply suggesting your labeling of Haspel as a definitive monster is unsupported. There are obviously reasons other than being a sadist that Haspel may have for whatever actions she may have taken. I merely suggested a set of facts that would compel nearly everyone to take similar actions. She wasn't a Greystone interrogator herself, and as a middle management type person in the field directly confronting terrorists immediately post 9/11, I suspect the picture was a bit different than it is from my living room 17 years later.

Of course it is possible Haspel is indeed a monster. I just don't see the case for it as overly compelling. It's also possible Obama got off on watching footage of Predator drones blasting away while alone late at night in the situation room. But I don't come to that conclusion either.
                        https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/gina-haspel-questions-cia.html

Yeah, she's a real sweetheart.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/gina-haspel-questions-cia.html

Yeah, she's a real sweetheart.
                          Sweetheart? That's sexist!

Haspel was in Thailand (Catseye) for two and half months in late '02 -- two years before Boudchar was allegedly taken there. Haspel was working in National Resources in '04-'05 (National Resources conducts voluntary debriefs and recruits travelers and business people both foreign and domestic)

Do you know who Fatima Boudchar or her husband Abdul-Hakim Belhaj are? He was at that time, a commander of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, a UN declared terrorist organization and close affiliate of OBL, Al Qaida, and the Taliban. I don't personally condone what was done to them, but these folks aren't exactly complete innocents with no agenda.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Sweetheart? That's sexist!

Haspel was in Thailand (Catseye) for two and half months in late '02 -- two years before Boudchar was allegedly taken there. Haspel was working in National Resources in '04-'05 (National Resources conducts voluntary debriefs and recruits travelers and business people both foreign and domestic)

Do you know who Fatima Boudchar or her husband Abdul-Hakim Belhaj are? He was at that time, a commander of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, a UN declared terrorist organization and close affiliate of OBL, Al Qaida, and the Taliban. I don't personally condone what was done to them, but these folks aren't exactly complete innocents with no agenda.
                            Yeah...that totally justified her being a monster. You turned me right around there.

You understand we put Japanese to death for less, right?
                            Last edited by ticapnews; 05-12-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I do have a hard time feeling sorry for terrorists but then again we must acknowledge two BIG facts. We considered water boarding torture in WWII and persecuted the Japanese for doing that and that follows it IS torture and against not only charters but against our silly idea that we’re “the best”. Whatever the hell that means.

But looming larger over all of this is the fact we basically created our enemies in the Taliban and AQ. We arm people then declare them enemies with a stunning consistency and here is one of the worst actors in our foreign policy history at work: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvO3qAlyTg

And Bill Hicks with some honesty: https://youtu.be/hYWdzigyzNk
                              https://youtu.be/hYWdzigyzNk
                              Last edited by solovsfett; 05-12-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                "The United States doesn't have friends. It has interests."
                                - Charles deGaulle -- falsely attributed to J.F. Dulles.
                                Yes. No-one needs to embellish or lie about John Foster Dulles’ or Allen Welsh Dulles’ words or actions, their treason (and other misdeeds) speaks for itself really. If FDR had lived two more years he’d have had them brought up on charges of treason and then our world would have become a better place and millions of people (including Vietnamese, Cambodians, JFK, RFK, Nicaraguans, Guatemalan’s etc) would have lived in a better world.

Comment

Working...
                                X