Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Remind me again - why are we still frienemies with the Saudis, but consider Iran the Antichrist just because they decided they didn't like our preferred dictator back the day?
    Trump would have gone down on Saddam or Qaddafi, because he looks up to strongmen. Symptom of how his own father completely f c ed him up. We have to deal with his disorders, because they are not going to change.
    Last edited by burd; 11-18-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Trump would have gone down on Saddam or Gadaffi, because he looks up to strongmen.
      No question. I can hear it now:

The beauty of me is that I'm VERY smart, but Saddam/Qaddafi is also a VERY smart cookie, as I have often said. By the way, I said, I'll compare my IQ with anybody, okay? But...great guy! Look at how he talks and his people follow him. I've said this before and I'll say it again, a very intelligent man who knows how to lead his people. Tremendous, okay!?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Remind me again - why are we still frienemies with the Saudis, but consider Iran the Antichrist just because they decided they didn't like our preferred dictator back the day?
        Israeli influence on American foreign policy? Although Netenyahu would ***** himself if the Saudis follow through on getting their own nukes
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think this counts as foreign policy...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They just don't care. Before this, someone who had been in the CIA would have done the same, but it would have been a lot more subtle and we'd hear about it a dozen years after the fact, not in real time.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Mookie is wearing his John belushi COLLEGE T-shirt today. Gettin coffee with girl and a local runs up and asked if this is from animal house. “You bet man” mookie replies. Dude is a Dartmouth alum and we talked hockey.... he admits he wasn’t a follower but attributes that to them sucking. He said first time he has seen anyone wear this T-shirt in country.

Mookie spreading Middle East peace one day at a time
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Reporter: "Have you listened to the Khashoggi tape yet?"

National Security Advisor John Bolton: "No I have not, what are you expecting to learn from it? I don't speak Arabic, do you?"

Uhh.... don't you have someone in the building, or for fu**s sake a whole *building* of people who could help you with this?

(The person who Tweeted the following mis-credited who the speaker was)

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Larry's back on coke again. You'd have to be, to work for this administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Larry's back on coke again. You'd have to be, to work for this administration.
                    They've hired Steve McCroskey??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So are they going to drop investigating Hillary for the 100th time on Benghazi since she didn't personally know Arabic?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blasts lawmakers for ‘caterwauling’ over our nation's close allies who were also good pilots in 2001.
                        Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blasted lawmakers Wednesday ahead of an all-Senate briefing on the war in Yemen and the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

In a surprisingly antagonistic op-ed, published in the Wall Street Journal, Pompeo accused lawmakers of "caterwauling" about Saudi Arabia's human-rights record and ignoring the kingdom's pivotal role in sidelining Iran.

"The Trump administration’s effort to rebuild the U.S.-Saudi Arabia Arabia partnership isn’t popular in the salons of Washington, where politicians of both parties have long used the kingdom’s human-rights record to call for the alliance’s downgrading," Pompeo wrote.

"The October murder of Saudi national Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey has heightened the Capitol Hill caterwauling and media pile-on," he said. "But degrading U.S.-Saudi ties would be a grave mistake for the national security of the U.S. and its allies."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The ends justify the means for Mikey Pompous.

Comment

Here's a situation just asking for a war intervention.

http://theliberal.ie/south-african-p...d-their-women/
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Here's a situation just asking for a war intervention.

http://theliberal.ie/south-african-p...d-their-women/
                              Why? Sounds like he's channeling his inner Trump. What's good for the goosesteppers is good for the gander. Isnt that what we've been told?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Why? Sounds like he's channeling his inner Trump. What's good for the goosesteppers is good for the gander. Isnt that what we've been told?
                                Holy smoke! Let me simplify it. Let's go to war/have an intervention to save the white folks against their oppressive black masters!!!

There's a lot of supremacists who will jump on the 1st flight to Johannesburg just to take part.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X