Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan Regional Rankings

Fan Regional Rankings

What the heck why not? Ballots are due by 9pm on Sunday and the results announced on Monday evening.

Vote for 10 East Schools and 5 West Schools in order with 1 being the highest rank and 10/5 being the lowest.

There will be no secret ranking.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Re: Fan Regional Rankings

Sadly I can't participate in this thread. I will be curious to see people's thoughts though!

Maybe next year if joe decides to continue it.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Oswego State Great Laker

Gotta be better what we are getting now...beat Utica, move up 4 spots, unreal

Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Gotta be better what we are getting now...beat Utica, move up 4 spots, unreal
    ... and Trinity. 😉

Elmira College Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    ... and Trinity. 😉
    We should do a coaches poll next. Krug #1 overall? 😉

I'm in. We need more participation in this place.

East
    1. Endicott
    2. Oswego
    3. Salve
    4. UNE
    5. Norwich
    6. UMB
    7. Trinity
    8. Geneseo
    9. Hamilton
    10. Williams

And, for context, sitting just outside: Babson, Hobart. I struggled with whether to put Williams or Babson in at 10. Williams had an atrocious 4-game losing streak, to include a 9-3 thrashing by UMB, but all 4 losses were against good teams. Babson on the other hand has their worst loss to Salem State in the opener, but they also lost to Williams 4-1 head-to-head. Likewise, Norwich outplayed UNE and I think they're the better team, but UNE beat them in Kreitzberg head-to-head, so they get the nod.

West
    1. St. Norbert
    2. UWSP
    3. Adrian
    4. Marian
    5. MSOE

I don't pay nearly as close attention to the West, but the top 3 are pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    East
    1. Endicott
    2. Oswego
    3. Salve
    4. UNE
    5. Norwich
    6. UMB
    7. Trinity
    8. Geneseo
    9. Hamilton
    10. Williams

And, for context, sitting just outside: Babson, Hobart. I struggled with whether to put Williams or Babson in at 10. Williams had an atrocious 4-game losing streak, to include a 9-3 thrashing by UMB, but all 4 losses were against good teams. Babson on the other hand has their worst loss to Salem State in the opener, but they also lost to Williams 4-1 head-to-head. Likewise, Norwich outplayed UNE and I think they're the better team, but UNE beat them in Kreitzberg head-to-head, so they get the nod.

West
    1. St. Norbert
    2. UWSP
    3. Adrian
    4. Marian
    5. MSOE

I don't pay nearly as close attention to the West, but the top 3 are pretty clear.
    As has been the case for the last 2-3 years...Norwich's SOS is really taking a hit from Middlebury and to a lesser extent Plattsburgh struggling. Two games against both of them which used to be among the best you could find SOS-wise, now are starting to hurt you a bit. Definitely in Midd's case.
    GO LAKERS!!!
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    As has been the case for the last 2-3 years...Norwich's SOS is really taking a hit from Middlebury and to a lesser extent Plattsburgh struggling. Two games against both of them which used to be among the best you could find SOS-wise, now are starting to hurt you a bit. Definitely in Midd's case.
    And on the flip side, it gets an unlikely boost from Salve and UNE doing so well. To state the obvious, it'd be better if they won those games...

Well crap, folks. Just one voter. Nobody from Plattsburgh. Nobody from Oswego. Nobody from the NESCAC. Nobody from Utica, Elmira or Hobart Nobody from out West.

There was no score thread this weekend and nobody noticed.

Guess nobody gives a rats patootie about D3 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Well crap, folks. Just one voter. Nobody from Plattsburgh. Nobody from Oswego. Nobody from the NESCAC. Nobody from Utica, Elmira or Hobart Nobody from out West.

West
    1.Adrian
    2.Adrian
    3.Adrian

Its a Great Day for Hockey!

You missed the big one.....just one pick'em game this year.............................................. .......................

(And I noticed no score thread....very sad)

(But to be fair, there are very few score threads anymore on the D-I side either)
    Last edited by UCBadger; 01-15-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Its a Great Day for Hockey!

West
    1. St Norbert
    2. Stevens Point
    3. Adrian
    4. Augsburg
    5. Marian

East:
    1. Endicot
    2. Salve Regina
    3. UMass-Boston
    4. Univ of New England
    5. Norwich
    6. Oswego
    7. Utica
    8. Trinity
    9. Williams
    10. Geneseo
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

sorry Joe I was in and out with people over sat.,would have started a thread but busy...This year there seems to be less interest this year everyone is to focused on Trump,and what he had for breakfast or the bad words he used,like they never used them themselves..but I digress...Remy has chilled out and is watching with popcorn in hand...RIT has not been indicated in anything either...Maybe the 2nd half of the season will pick-up.

For the past few years this board has been dominated by posts from
    Oswego
    Norwich
    Plattsburgh
    Utica/Elmira

This is a very tribal board with interest in your own school, your principal opponents and very little else.

Guys like Ray Biggs and Russell Jaslow (Webb where are you!) who constantly blow the trumpet for all of D3 hockey are rare. We need more like them.

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    sorry Joe I was in and out with people over sat.,would have started a thread but busy...This year there seems to be less interest this year everyone is to focused on Trump,and what he had for breakfast or the bad words he used,like they never used them themselves..but I digress...Remy has chilled out and is watching with popcorn in hand...RIT has not been indicated in anything either...Maybe the 2nd half of the season will pick-up.
    It's all RIT's fault.
    GO LAKERS!!!
    Oswego State '09

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew

Remy is a tad busy these days lol I've had more fun this season traveling to other DIII college towns and playing their 10U team(s). Nothing like a good DIII war story before a 10U game with the opposing coach.

....And with Plattsburgh being / playing like a.500 team there isn't much (good) to say about them.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Remy is a tad busy these days lol I've had more fun this season traveling to other DIII college towns and playing their 10U team(s). Nothing like a good DIII war story before a 10U game with the opposing coach.

....And with Plattsburgh being / playing like a.500 team there isn't much (good) to say about them.
    Unrelated to anything here, but USAH is studying whether to make Bantam (14U) body contact rather than body checking.

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew

It's being discussed at our local level too. If they spent more time teaching how to hit (and more importantly take a hit) instead of which "flex of a stick to use we wouldn't have these issues. I watch local HS teams and the lack of physical contact is just pathetic. You see more in a women's game. Hockey is a physical sport, if you don't like it figure skating practices on Fridays....

Colorado Cadets Fan

For the past few years this board has been dominated by posts from
    Oswego
    Norwich
    Plattsburgh
    Utica/Elmira

This is a very tribal board with interest in your own school, your principal opponents and very little else.

Guys like Ray Biggs and Russell Jaslow (Webb where are you!) who constantly blow the trumpet for all of D3 hockey are rare. We need more like them.
    And in years way back, we had a lot of Middlebury posters, too.
    I have been busy with lots of things and haven't had the time to set up my ranking system (which as we all know is far inferior to KRACH anyway). For me it's not so much lack of interest, as other things getting in the way.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Thread Information