Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maine 2017-2018: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Maine 2017-2018: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Maine used to have a thread when they were horrible....now they are decent & no thread. Go figure.

This is a fun team to watch. Borderline Top 10...would be great to see them break into the NCAA Tourney this season but they will most likely need a couple of big wins to do that.

Re: Maine 2017-2018: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Maine leads 3-0 at BU after 1.

Maine wins 4-1. Game 2 tomorrow.

Maine up to #9 in the PWR.

Maine comes in at #10 this week in the USCHO poll. Might be their first Top 10 ranking ever!

Quote Originally Posted by umhockey91 View Post
    Maine comes in at #10 this week in the USCHO poll. Might be their first Top 10 ranking ever!
    Congrats!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

You all did God's work this weekend

USCHO women's hockey "experts" missed Maine vs. Merrimack when they made their picks for this weekend. Need some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Hmm. Well, the pick would probably be for Maine to win 2 right? Or at least take 3 out of 4 points? Am I under estimating Merrimack? I know little about them, beyond their early season split with Minn.

As for the respect, if respect means coverage my 2 cents are that the discussion and coverage will come from fans of the individual teams, so itís nice you guys have started this thread. The national writers, I think they do a nice job, but itís not like they watch every game so they canít have a pulse in whatís going on at the individual level and team level within each league. Itís jist too much. There are lots of takes out there that make me raise my eyebrows (not so much USCHO to be honest) but it is what it is. If respect means, people thinking you have a good team, for most teams I think it will take winning a national championship to get some fleeting respect. From the players and coaches perspective winning is their goal, so perhaps they donít care. For fans who want coverage and decent takes, it sucks sometimes.

That doesnít excuse the oversight of missing calling a series! Thatís no fun for fans who scour the little coverage there is, and see their team excluded. Hope you are included next week.

Quite remarkable really, for a program to be ranked in the top 10 with little resources. As of a couple of years ago the coaches salary was around $50K. Don't know if his wife receives a stipend or not. He has done very well recruiting talent with the scholarship money that he has available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Hmm. Well, the pick would probably be for Maine to win 2 right? Or at least take 3 out of 4 points?
    Actually, there's only one game this weekend, on Saturday night at Merrimack. Next weekend, we play Merrimack twice at home.

5-1 last Saturday, 4-1 this afternoon. And the USCHO scribes predicted a Maine sweep this weekend. Actually, they would have predicted the score correctly except that Maine scored an empty-netter with a few seconds to go.

After watching and witnessing the play that injured Anna Zikova, I wonder WHY????? that she was not put on a backboard before she was even moved, I witness what I thought was POOR JUDGEMENT in the way she was handled....awful is what it was and HOPEFULLY there will be more thought in and lets hope a player does not have to be attended in a situation like that again....very BAD JUDGEMENT and hopefully people voice it to the University.

what's happening?

Shoot the Puck :)

Any MAINIAcs out there know what's going on with the video feed (Lack thereof) of today's game?
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by DC78-82 View Post
    Any MAINIAcs out there know what's going on with the video feed (Lack thereof) of today's game?
    It's working for me:

http://goblackbears.com/watch/?Live=3287&type=Live

Itís nice to see these weekend games being of meaning again.....and to answer the respect question, for me, itís when the student body and hockey fans realize theyíre missing quality players playing great hockey, and spend the $$$ to support their efforts

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    I couldn't get the feed for the men's game a few days ago until I installed Adobe Flash.

This weekend @ Providence and next weekends games versus BC a home, have to be statement games by the Maine women's team...they have had a really/really great season and are a blast to watch play...but to get to the next level they need to beat teams like PC & BC....a tough task but wins would also show that this team is for real...and winning also is a big recruitment tool...any ways win or lose this team has been quite something to watch and can only make this program better for it...thanks girls for the outstanding season and KEEP WINNING>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    This weekend @ Providence and next weekends games versus BC a home, have to be statement games by the Maine women's team...they have had a really/really great season and are a blast to watch play...but to get to the next level they need to beat teams like PC & BC....a tough task but wins would also show that this team is for real...and winning also is a big recruitment tool...any ways win or lose this team has been quite something to watch and can only make this program better for it...thanks girls for the outstanding season and KEEP WINNING>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Can you say Hockey East Coach-of-the-Year?! Providence coach would be my second choice.

Thread Information