Maine 2017-2018: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine 2017-2018: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Maine used to have a thread when they were horrible....now they are decent & no thread. Go figure.

This is a fun team to watch. Borderline Top 10...would be great to see them break into the NCAA Tourney this season but they will most likely need a couple of big wins to do that.

Re: Maine 2017-2018: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Maine leads 3-0 at BU after 1.

Comment

Maine wins 4-1. Game 2 tomorrow.

Comment

Maine up to #9 in the PWR.

Comment

Maine comes in at #10 this week in the USCHO poll. Might be their first Top 10 ranking ever!

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Maine comes in at #10 this week in the USCHO poll. Might be their first Top 10 ranking ever!
            Congrats!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

You all did God's work this weekend
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

USCHO women's hockey "experts" missed Maine vs. Merrimack when they made their picks for this weekend. Need some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Comment

Hmm. Well, the pick would probably be for Maine to win 2 right? Or at least take 3 out of 4 points? Am I under estimating Merrimack? I know little about them, beyond their early season split with Minn.

As for the respect, if respect means coverage my 2 cents are that the discussion and coverage will come from fans of the individual teams, so it’s nice you guys have started this thread. The national writers, I think they do a nice job, but it’s not like they watch every game so they can’t have a pulse in what’s going on at the individual level and team level within each league. It’s jist too much. There are lots of takes out there that make me raise my eyebrows (not so much USCHO to be honest) but it is what it is. If respect means, people thinking you have a good team, for most teams I think it will take winning a national championship to get some fleeting respect. From the players and coaches perspective winning is their goal, so perhaps they don’t care. For fans who want coverage and decent takes, it sucks sometimes.

That doesn’t excuse the oversight of missing calling a series! That’s no fun for fans who scour the little coverage there is, and see their team excluded. Hope you are included next week.

Comment

Quite remarkable really, for a program to be ranked in the top 10 with little resources. As of a couple of years ago the coaches salary was around $50K. Don't know if his wife receives a stipend or not. He has done very well recruiting talent with the scholarship money that he has available.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      Hmm. Well, the pick would probably be for Maine to win 2 right? Or at least take 3 out of 4 points?
                      Actually, there's only one game this weekend, on Saturday night at Merrimack. Next weekend, we play Merrimack twice at home.

Comment

5-1 last Saturday, 4-1 this afternoon. And the USCHO scribes predicted a Maine sweep this weekend. Actually, they would have predicted the score correctly except that Maine scored an empty-netter with a few seconds to go.

Comment

After watching and witnessing the play that injured Anna Zikova, I wonder WHY????? that she was not put on a backboard before she was even moved, I witness what I thought was POOR JUDGEMENT in the way she was handled....awful is what it was and HOPEFULLY there will be more thought in and lets hope a player does not have to be attended in a situation like that again....very BAD JUDGEMENT and hopefully people voice it to the University.

Comment

what's happening?

Comment

Any MAINIAcs out there know what's going on with the video feed (Lack thereof) of today's game?
                              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                              X