Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2018: One Step At A Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2018: One Step At A Time

Went over 10,000 steps today at 11:59 PM.

Now that tax season is over, and warm weather is hitting, I can get out and whack away at the BP and weight again.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Update: I joined a women only running group. It is called "Moms on the Run". You do not have to be a mom to join. Just want to learn or continue to run. It doesn't matter your shape or size. It is very supportive. Got my arse kicked the first time back on Tuesday. I was crawling up the stairs and plopped right into the tub.

Now that it is finally nice outside, I am taking advantage of the trails around the neighborhood by walking. Yesterday, I did a walk/run combo. Today was walking as hubby came with. He doesn't run. Hopefully I will get my bike back next weekend and I can start biking again.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Ran the Rivertown Half-Marathon yesterday in 2:24:18, pace of 11:01. At about mile 12, my ankle started hurting. Also at mile 12, I had this brief notion of signing up for a fall marathon. But afterward, with my ankle in pain (it's just worn down and weak), and going through hormones, and so many unknowns... I backed off that notion.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Started drinking La Croix water.

Yeah, all the trendy Instagrammy selfie-taking Millennials are all over it, but if you're trying to kick soda it's a godsend. Liking the cherry lime.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Started drinking La Croix water.

Yeah, all the trendy Instagrammy selfie-taking Millennials are all over it, but if you're trying to kick soda it's a godsend. Liking the cherry lime.
            Good choice. Klarbrunn is good too.

Went back to taking my coffee as black as it comes. Still not switching to the D word, but I figure if I pay good money for coffee, I want to appreciate it. I recommend Death Wish.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

River Bank 25K: 2:51:xx. Not sure of official time, don't even care, really. I do know that I fought hard for this one. Somehow at mile 11, I caught a fire and went ahead of the 11:00 pacers, and finished just ahead of them. They came in behind me and we all hugged each other.

This is the longest I will be running this year. Today told me that I need to get my right ankle looked at, and then add "foot/ankle day" to my workout routine.

Comment

I hurt my knee last night at the gym and I am ****ing ****ed. We were outside, and doing jumping jacks on the pavement (while holding weighted ropes). I came down funny on my knee, I stuck it out through the rest of class, but this morning it was very stiff and sore, especially towards the outside and back of the knee. I'm hoping it's some kind of strain and not a ligament thing.

Comment

Side effect of HRT: retaining water. The good news is that I haven't gained any fat, holding at a 31.5" waist/36.5" hips.

I'm hoping more intense workouts and more water (currently drinking 7-8 24oz water bottles a day) can help flush this out.

Comment

I am extremely proud of my dad. He weighed 372 when we moved to Holland in March 2017, and now he weighs 318. His Type II diabetes has drastically improved since moving here as well. Reasons:

-he's eating my cooking, and I have taught him to cook basic recipes. We don't really do fast food, and if it is, the most we'll do is Panera Bread or Potbelly.
                    -He has a job where he's standing for 8 hours a shift. Prior to this, he was a taxi driver, sitting for 11-12 hours a day.
                    -We stopped buying pop on a regular basis. If anything, we'll get something out of the Meijer Coke Freestyle machine when we're there. And if I buy a 2 liter for home, it's a mixer.

Comment

Lightest I’ve been in about 10 years. Down 12 pounds since tax season. Trying to get under 185 by August. Only thing really hanging out there is the low number on the BP. That number doesn’t want to dip (and stay) below 90.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I drink a smoothie a day to start my day and a Naked Juice on my way home so I don't fall asleep behind the wheel. Have been tweaking the recipes.

How do people do so much meal prep? Timing is brutal.

Comment

Looking at swim lessons for two reasons:

1. My legs need some kind of rest....

2. Am looking at triathlon again, and thinking it would be less stressful than duathlon. If I could get swim lessons, and stay on top of it... am looking at a half-Iron eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                            I hurt my knee last night at the gym and I am ****ing ****ed. We were outside, and doing jumping jacks on the pavement (while holding weighted ropes). I came down funny on my knee, I stuck it out through the rest of class, but this morning it was very stiff and sore, especially towards the outside and back of the knee. I'm hoping it's some kind of strain and not a ligament thing.
                            So I finally went to the doctor about this, since it hasn't gotten completely better - still sore and weak at times. Lateral hamstring. He didn't even tell me to rest (directly ), but said I can continue to wear a knee brace and do stuff, but they take a loooong time to heal. Gave me some stretches to do, which feel great already (always have tight hamstrings). Glad it was not a knee ligament issue. On a related note, I really need to find a yoga class I can attend regularly - I miss it.

Comment

This running thing is somewhat getting better. Mainly need to adapt running in humidity and various temperatures.
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                This running thing is somewhat getting better. Mainly need to adapt running in humidity and various temperatures.
                                Good for you!

I’ve never much cared for running, but there’s been something lately where I’ve been thinking it might be a good idea. I know part of it is I’ve been eating better and lifting regularly. Not sure if I’m ready for that next step, but it’s something I’m keeping in mind.
                                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                                X