Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I read her resignation letter. Talk about tone deaf. Holy crap.
    Everybody involved is the scum of the earth.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      How does Michigan State allow this to happen?
      This is a troubling question. There is something about us that refuses to face reality when the worst is reported. Many of these girls were mocked and belittled for reporting assault. It's like my Trumpist friends who laugh off concerns about the Constitution even when horrible words and actions are demonstrated by our president. Could I be so blind and careless in similar circumstances? It bothers me.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'm still trying to understand a timeline. When was he at MSU? When did he become the USAG team doctor? Was there overlap? Was the first case against him an MSU student or a USAG gymnast?
        Goes back a long time. Not good. https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/19/1...michigan-state

The picture of him reaching out to Carrie Strugg in Atlanta is chilling.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          This is a troubling question. There is something about us that refuses to face reality when the worst is reported. Many of these girls were mocked and belittled for reporting assault. It's like my Trumpist friends who laugh off concerns about the Constitution even when horrible words and actions are demonstrated by our president. Could I be so blind and careless in similar circumstances? It bothers me.
          Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Comment

I'm still trying to understand a timeline. When was he at MSU? When did he become the USAG team doctor? Was there overlap? Was the first case against him an MSU student or a USAG gymnast?
            I think he was at MSU full-time. Along with that position, he worked with USA Gymnastics when he could, or probably took leaves and such to be able to work with them. A lot of Olympic officials, trainers and coaches and such work this way.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

AD Hollis is next to resign

Comment

The hits just keep on coming at Michigan State

http://on.si.com/2FmwA8t

The Michigan State football program did not report three instances of sexual assault and three incidents of physical violence, according to a ****ing report from ESPN's Outside the Lines. The report says that at least 16 Michigan State football players have been named in accusations of rape or violence against women since Dantonio took over in 2007.

According to the OTL report, many accusations of sexual assault were handled by the athletic program, then headed by Mark Hollis, who resigned Friday amid the Nassar fallout. In one instance, Dantonio reportedly handled a sexual assault case by telling the player to talk to his mother about what he did.*
                Last edited by ticapnews; 01-26-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Death penalty?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Death penalty?
                    For Cleveland State.

Comment

For Cleveland State.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Death penalty?
                        Classic mookie humor. Remember when people said Penn State might not start a hockey program because the punishment from Sandusky was going to be so bad?
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Classic mookie humor. Remember when people said Penn State might not start a hockey program because the punishment from Sandusky was going to be so bad?
                          The NC$$ doesn't care. Punishing Michigan State football would cost them money so there will be no punishment. Now, if there was a financial benefit to a student-athlete they might take notice. Rape? No big deal. Academic fraud? Who cares? Buy a burger for a player? 3-year bowl ban.

Comment

Rumors of Izzo retiring and no way Dantonio escapes this...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Barstool Sports. Grain of salt where necessary.

Having said that, I think this is going to claim both of them before the dust settles.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The NC$$ doesn't care. Punishing Michigan State football would cost them money so there will be no punishment. Now, if there was a financial benefit to a student-athlete they might take notice. Rape? No big deal. Academic fraud? Who cares? Buy a burger for a player? 3-year bowl ban.
                                I may be mis-interpreting what I see as a reaction in this state, but it *seems* as if more people are very upset about this than in Pennsylvania.

So when the programs get dismantled, it won't be because of the NCAA, it will be cause of alumni and members of this state.

Now that may be seen as some kind of "Michigan is better than Pennsylvania" kind of statement, but I don't see it that way. There was a VERY, VERY huge difference in the Nassar vs. Sandusky hearings. With Sandusky, none of the victims were given the stage so that 1) it made the victims very real vs. a concept, and 2) they could speak their mind in public. When you saw how the victims were able to basically reveal themselves in person, it's impossible to downplay it as not real. Especially how ALL of them had the same story. You just can't confront a person in person like that.

I don't know the details of the Sandusky hearings- as there must be real reasons that we never got to hear them face to face. But the bravery the victims are showing here are rather incredible.

And for that, you can hear the disgust of students and alumni about how in the world this happened. And the level of tolerance for any leeway has gone completely away. Likely to carry over to other schools in this state.

Comment

Working...
                                X