The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Pacyga is not "The U's Guy" in fact if anything he is on their *bleep* list. They want Lynch gone (if they could have kicked him out of school without putting themselves at risk they would have) and he is the last guy they would funnel this case to to make that happen. He has had success in the past beating this charge from this committee.

Off topic but my cousin used to be one of the guys the U called back in the day...he screwed that up royally though.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Pacyga does his job. I don't know about his history, or his moral code of defending guys, etc, but AFAIK, he does the job that he was hired to do. Right or wrong, that takes balls.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Pacyga is not "The U's Guy" in fact if anything he is on their *bleep* list. They want Lynch gone (if they could have kicked him out of school without putting themselves at risk they would have) and he is the last guy they would funnel this case to to make that happen. He has had success in the past beating this charge from this committee.

Off topic but my cousin used to be one of the guys the U called back in the day...he screwed that up royally though.
        Sorry, I didn't mean to say he was the U's guy, just that his name seems to pop up on these high profile cases involving athletes in MN...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Sorry, I didn't mean to say he was the U's guy, just that his name seems to pop up on these high profile cases involving athletes in MN...
          He's a well-known lawyer, in part thanks to the 93X morning show. So if you haven't had to call a lawyer before, I can see your thought process on this one.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            I was responding to Maize
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Pacyga is not "The U's Guy" in fact if anything he is on their *bleep* list. They want Lynch gone (if they could have kicked him out of school without putting themselves at risk they would have) and he is the last guy they would funnel this case to to make that happen.
              I should have been more specific and said the athletic department.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Dude you are still wrong. The AD wants him out too. (that is why Coyle suspended him right away when he was originally charged and why they suspended him from the team right away when the EOAA suggested it) Pacyga is not the person anyone at the school wants representing Lynch because they want Lynch as far away from the school as possible as soon as possible. Pacyga will put a monkey wrench in that. (though Lynch will never play for the U of M again and I dont see any way his expulsion is reversed)

I know what you are saying, but in this case you have it wrong.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Aly Raisman

We don't need no water, let the mother****er burn
                  Burn, mother****er, burn

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/bbccomedy/videos/1433685010073996/
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The last 1:30 or so...

Comment

Enzo Amore suspended from WWE after a woman comes forward with sexual assault charges.

...make that released.

He was already on thin ice in the locker room, and apparently didn't tell WWE about the investigation.

No "we wish him well in his future endeavors" clause in the press release. Either WWE has had enough of his shenanigans or they found something juicy.
                        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-23-2018, 01:22 PM.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

How does Michigan State allow this to happen?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/col...on/1061207001/

"Michigan State University allowed Larry Nassar to see patients for 16 months while he was under criminal investigation by its own police department after a 2014 allegation of sexual assault by a female patient."

At least eight women reported his abuse, and the report says no fewer than 14 university representatives including "athletic trainers, assistant coaches, a university police detective and an official who is now MSU's assistant general counsel" were notified.

Comment

Reports are MSU President Lou Anna Simon will resign tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              How does Michigan State allow this to happen?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/col...on/1061207001/
                              And that's why the President resigned last night.

Nassar got up to 175 years.

Based on the national news, there are a LOT of other things that are likely to happen- with the sharpest focus on USA Gymnastics.

Comment

I read her resignation letter. Talk about tone deaf. Holy crap.

I'm still trying to understand a timeline. When was he at MSU? When did he become the USAG team doctor? Was there overlap? Was the first case against him an MSU student or a USAG gymnast?

Comment

Working...
                                X