The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Father of three of the victims just tried to attack Nassar on the stand during his muni court hearing.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Father of three of the victims just tried to attack Nassar on the stand during his muni court hearing.
      He asked the judge to include as part of his sentence "Five minutes in a locked room" with Nassar.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I really hope it was a genuine act and not some publicity stunt.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I really hope it was a genuine act and not some publicity stunt.
          Either way, meh.

There was much "if it was my kids..." argle bargle in the office this morning especially among the young males. That whole "good man pushed too far becomes avenger" drag act dovetails into a lot of our cultural mythology. It's dangerous. The whole idea of having a justice system is it severs reprisal from justice. The mob isn't looking for justice, it's looking to inflict pain to achieve vengeance.
          Last edited by Kepler; 02-02-2018, 10:04 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Either way, meh.

There was much "if it was my kids..." argle bargle in the office this morning especially among the young males. That whole "good man pushed too far becomes avenger" drag act dovetails into a lot of our cultural mythology. It's dangerous. The whole idea of having a justice system is it severs reprisal from justice. The mob isn't looking for justice, it's looking to inflict pain to achieve vengeance.
            If I was a cruel, inhuman warden, I'd put Nasser in GenPop.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              The attractiveness of that image is what we should fight. We all feel it. I'm not saying we should be ashamed of it. But I think that is a dark road.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The attractiveness of that image is what we should fight. We all feel it. I'm not saying we should be ashamed of it. But I think that is a dark road.
                I'd rather see him sit in quiet reflection for the next 50 years. Alive and well.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No charges for the dad.
                  "There is no way this court is going to issue any type of punishment due to the circumstances of this case," Eaton County Circuit Judge Janice Cunningham said Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I'd rather see him sit in quiet reflection for the next 50 years. Alive and well.
                    I'd amputate his hands first, so he can't jerky-jerk to his memories for those next 50 years.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I know it's not possible, but he needs to be put in a solitary cell, with one small window that has sight of an elementary school playground. All the little girls running around, oh so close, but he'll never be able to touch them. And this.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I'd amputate his hands first, so he can't jerky-jerk to his memories for those next 50 years.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• The Georgia Tech basketball coach

http://deadsp.in/vlSYjZ3[
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Baylor football. Again.

Comment

The full clearinghouse.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Baylor football. Again.
                              Good Christians...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

US Figure Skating

@cbrennansports: Breaking: Another U.S. Olympic sport is now dealing with sexual misconduct allegations against a top coach. On Tuesday, U.S. Figure Skating suspended Richard Callaghan, coach of Tara Lipinski and Todd Eldredge. Story up soon.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X