Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Athletes sexual assault thread...You asked for it

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Nonsense. State Penn bounced back in 3-4 years, so would MSU with the right hires. It's not like they don't have the B1G money, and a turnover of most of the top administration would mitigate fears of being associated with this mess.

That said, Izzo and Dantonio are both done, IMO.
    Pedo State also had some penalties reduced hardcore. Total BS. NC Double A-holes realize how much money they were losing, and also the PSU cult that still champions the abusers....

All about the $$$. It's sick.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      The NCAA is going to can him and destroy MSU. Michigan State doesn't have the clout to survive this.
      I don’t trust them to do the right thing regarding MSU. Hope I’m wrong.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Friday night a writer at Barstool tweeted out:
        Trying to figure out what Mark Emmert was too busy doing to look into 37 sexual assaults. Was that when he was cracking down on second servings of pasta at buffets? Or when he was punishing homeless players for sleeping on teammates' floors?
        Among the responses was Gabe Ikard, center for the New Orleans Saints and a graduate of Oklahoma.
        Can confirm that he was more concerned with the number of pasta options. I had to donate $3.83 to charity to protect my eligibility. Absolute joke if he just sat on his hands for this horrible stuff.
        Priorities. Let's have Sir Brad show him to the Pit of Misery.
        Last edited by ticapnews; 01-27-2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

People will retire or get canned, but MSU will continue on after they pay out some $$ to buy some silence .
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Pedo State was different this covering up student athletes assaulting other students and coaches knowing. This Baylor not Pedo State...

Izzo wants to leave cause he covered it up too. I have zero doubt.
            I fully agree with this assessment.

Pedo had a largely delusional student body and alumni base, and that goes a long way to having programs thrive.

This is really different- the tone that the students had, and the number of them at demonstrations. The apparent angst that Izzo showed in a press conference- all of them are totally in acceptance and are sad about the news.

And here's what I speculate- Dantonio and Izzo may not actually know, because some underling took care of the accusations, figuring that the boss didn't need to know. That's very possible. BUT- all that does is show how they didn't have full control over the program. Taking the sexual assaults at face value- if they knew, they should be fired for obvious reasons; if they DIDN'T- they should also be fired- as they don't have control over the program like they should. It's either pure guilt or guilt by incompetence. Either way, if the accusations prove true, they should both be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Pedo had a largely delusional student body and alumni base, and that goes a long way to having programs thrive.
              Had? The Pedo St fanbase/alumni are still rabid about JoePa and Company. It's sick and disgusting.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Had? The Pedo St fanbase/alumni are still rabid about JoePa and Company. It's sick and disgusting.
                And that matters. MSU doesn't have that delusion. Or if they do, nobody is hearing them. If they go down, it won't be like PedoSt.

Comment

And that matters. MSU doesn't have that delusion. Or if they do, nobody is hearing them. If they go down, it won't be like PedoSt.
                  Until a couple weeks ago, 98% of East Lansing didn't know they had a gymnastics program. What if it was Ron Mason?

Roddy McDowall was right: people are the same everywhere.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-27-2018, 10:19 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I may be mis-interpreting what I see as a reaction in this state, but it *seems* as if more people are very upset about this than in Pennsylvania.

So when the programs get dismantled, it won't be because of the NCAA, it will be cause of alumni and members of this state.

Now that may be seen as some kind of "Michigan is better than Pennsylvania" kind of statement, but I don't see it that way. There was a VERY, VERY huge difference in the Nassar vs. Sandusky hearings. With Sandusky, none of the victims were given the stage so that 1) it made the victims very real vs. a concept, and 2) they could speak their mind in public. When you saw how the victims were able to basically reveal themselves in person, it's impossible to downplay it as not real. Especially how ALL of them had the same story. You just can't confront a person in person like that.

I don't know the details of the Sandusky hearings- as there must be real reasons that we never got to hear them face to face. But the bravery the victims are showing here are rather incredible.

And for that, you can hear the disgust of students and alumni about how in the world this happened. And the level of tolerance for any leeway has gone completely away. Likely to carry over to other schools in this state.
                    In some ways it shows how much times have changed, for the better. I think it makes a big difference where the Michigan St. stuff is much more recent than what happened at Penn St. College sports is a cesspool and maybe this story is the beginning of the end for them.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Until a couple weeks ago, 98% of East Lansing didn't know they had a gymnastics program. What if it was Ron Mason?

Roddy McDowall was right: people are the same everywhere.
                      You do realize that this has been in the news for well over a year, right?

And the allegations against both the FB and BB program have been in the news for longer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        In some ways it shows how much times have changed, for the better. I think it makes a big difference where the Michigan St. stuff is much more recent than what happened at Penn St. College sports is a cesspool and maybe this story is the beginning of the end for them.
                        The allegation time range is almost the same as Sandusky was (20 years ago, with some documented allegations, up until pretty recent). So I'm not sure how that changes things.

The real difference, as I have pointed out, is that the victims have come forward to be real people. Had the abused kids been able to speak, maybe attitudes would be different- since it's really hard to pretend nothing happened when the people are real.

Comment

The allegation time range is almost the same as Sandusky was (20 years ago, with some documented allegations, up until pretty recent). So I'm not sure how that changes things.

The real difference, as I have pointed out, is that the victims have come forward to be real people. Had the abused kids been able to speak, maybe attitudes would be different- since it's really hard to pretend nothing happened when the people are real.
                          The Sandusky stuff came out like 10 years after the last allegation where the MSU stuff came out as it was going on.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You do realize that this has been in the news for well over a year, right?

And the allegations against both the FB and BB program have been in the news for longer than that.
                            Remember Dantonio picking up Chris Rucker from jail so he can get him to practice on time? What a disciplinarian. And that was 8 years ago.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I'm more than a little afraid that part of the difference in attitudes in the PSU and MSU situations may actually be sexism. Are we softer on Sandusky because he abused tough, grubby, strong, athletic boys, while Nasser went after our precious, beautiful princesses? Do we (subconsciously) see the girls as victims and the boys as something else?
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                I'm more than a little afraid that part of the difference in attitudes in the PSU and MSU situations may actually be sexism. Are we softer on Sandusky because he abused tough, grubby, strong, athletic boys, while Nasser went after our precious, beautiful princesses? Do we (subconsciously) see the girls as victims and the boys as something else?
                                All about the $$$. That's it. Football >>> Gymnastics when it comes to revenue.

Comment

Working...
                                X