The NEW USCHO Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW USCHO Site

I just discovered the NEW USCHO, and being an old codger of habit, it sometimes takes me a while to adjust to 'change'. It's easier to adjust however, when things work well after the change. Here's a few glitches I have found in a very short visit....

Complaint Dept: (I've only visited a few pages)
    (If this matters, I am using a MacBook Pro laptop with High Sierra OS 10.13.2, Safari 11.0.2)

STANDINGS page: Information cut off by the wide right side bar. The Home and Away Records are cut off.
    STATS page: Doesn't work at all. Click on Goals: Leaders. Nothing. Click on anything... nothing.
    SCORES page: Same problem as Standings page... information is cut off by the wide right side bar.

Note: (I just discovered that the information cut off by the right side bar can be read by scrolling to the right. OK, at least it's accessible, but an annoyance if you want to see all of the information together).

That is all for now. I will report back if I find any other glitches. Please understand USCHO that I am providing constructive criticism. It is not my intent to disparage you. I have been a business owner for 30 years and welcome constructive criticism from my customers. In my experience, I have learned that I must give my customers what they want, or they will surely abandon my business to find what they are looking for elsewhere. Peace, out.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Re: The NEW USCHO Site

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I just discovered the NEW USCHO, and being an old codger of habit, it sometimes takes me a while to adjust to 'change'. It's easier to adjust however, when things work well after the change. Here's a few glitches I have found in a very short visit....
    Being a very old codger, I will probably never adjust.

They appear to removed the ability to personalize the front page by having links to the pages for one's favorite team.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dirt hadn't yet been invented when I was born but since I've never acted my age, I don't qualify as a codger.

Personally, I didn't find that having to scroll across to read the last few columns on the standings page to be much of an annoyance. The stats page is another matter as I also couldn't get anything to work. I'm guessing that the underlying links haven't yet been activated. But the design of the stats page looks compelling and should be quite useful once it becomes fully functional. One suggestion might be to move the options buttons that let you tailor searches by season, conference, team, etc. from the bottom to the top of the page so that users see their tailoring options before entering any queries. Also, the width of the fixed column along the right side of the page might be a tad generous so narrowing it a bit might solve the scrolling issue on the scores and standings pages.

Overall, the design seems clean and uncluttered, which makes it a bit more intuitive. Overall, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

On the Stats page they used to have a link to attendance figures for each school, and the interconference records chart. I assume these are still somewhere, but I can't find them.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I like the new design. Less clutter and the home page seems to load faster. They must be still working on getting all the information formatted in the system. I also like what I am seeing.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

The game recaps are phenominal, not only goals assists and saves but player penalties and game stars for each team. I am very happy.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I like it overall, and it'll get better as it gets cleaned up. Most importantly, the site is finally responsive! Designed for mobile devices now.
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                I like it overall, and it'll get better as it gets cleaned up. Most importantly, the site is finally responsive! Designed for mobile devices now.
                This! +1,000
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Cant find the link to the forums on the mobile site. Get off my lawn!
                  Originally posted by owslachief
                  Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

Why is Maine abbreviated as MNE and RPI as REN?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'll tell you what I don't like. When you call up the box score of a game, it doesn't give the time of any of the goals. otherwise, I think it will be be ok once they get the bugs out.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by sameoldfury View Post
                        Cant find the link to the forums on the mobile site.
                        This is my biggest complaint, too.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Vermont as VER irks me too
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I suspect that USCHO gets their box score data from collegehockeystats.net, and that website has used those abbreviations since about 1999. Using the same abbreviation makes looking things up easier. It has irritated me a bit that REN has been used for RPI since the first time I looked there.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Probably stolen from College Hockey Stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X