Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    It went OK. They went over the results of all the testing, the total of which they determine "normal" to have a total score between 85-115. Her daughter got an 80. So, they officially diagnosed her as on the spectrum. The doctor said they could tell she could finish/complete some of the testing, she just stopped or lost focus, etc. so they had to mark her down. That type of stuff. My cousin was expecting the diagnosis and while not happy, I think she felt validated that she was right to be concerned. They told her she did the right thing bringing her in at that age (she was 2 in August). The doctor told her they want to do ABA therapy (did I word that correctly?) for 25 hours a week. That's a lot. She told her they could ramp up to the 25 hours. My cousin already works with EI, so she is already immersed in that. The one speech therapist she wants to use wanted to wait until she was officially diagnosed. Now they can start with her. She has a lot of research to do now. It's going to be a challenging year. I want to ask her if there is any type of training we, as her family, can go through to help out in any way. They want to see her in March for more testing.
    mr les cousin has a child on the Spectrum and the cousin was diagnosed too. The kiddo is now in college, dorming there and totally functional. He started with an IEP. Amazing kid. Early intervention does amazing things. The biggest thing a family can do is understand how the person processes things- not the same as some other people.

Comment

Les forgot. I guess that means that I am not getting older.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mental note to self: next time buy bigger tortillas. Instead of breakfast burritos, I end up with breakfast tacos.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

s'upp y'all
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            hahaha! I am doing something wrong. No one has told me I am getting money in awhile
            I think that I am getting fewer such messages.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Subscribed
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Seeing as how it's -2 out right now, I think we're just going to take tomorrow's food out to the car right now, so that I don't forget it in the morning.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

mookie sitting at the desk with the window open. nice bright sunshine and warm breeze keeping him busy....
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-03-2018, 05:17 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge! Downright tropical at 11F here.

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Preparing for the worst tomorrow. We're all going to work from home. It was a bit balmy this morning on the walk to the T.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Good morning Lodge. Preparing for the worst tomorrow. We're all going to work from home. It was a bit balmy this morning on the walk to the T.
                            Yeah, the above-zero temps here were a welcomed change of pace. This sub-zero weather has been killing the MPG for my car, down 10-15% from where it should be.

I'm going to Mancini's for dinner tonight, a decent steakhouse with an Italian flair to it. (Who'd've guessed!) Received a $25 gift card for Christmas, so the water should be covered.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              I'm going to Mancini's for dinner tonight, a decent steakhouse with an Italian flair to it. (Who'd've guessed!) Received a $25 gift card for Christmas, so the water should be covered.
                              IALTO. Have a similar joke about $25 Panera gift cards - "Well, this should be good for about a meal and a half."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Yeah, the above-zero temps here were a welcomed change of pace. This sub-zero weather has been killing the MPG for my car, down 10-15% from where it should be.

Mancini’s is great because it doesn’t cost a small mortgage for a steak but it’s still good grub.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X