Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    We have the second game, hopefully the first semifinal doesn't go into OT as I'd like to get home before midnight.
    Well, you technically got what you asked for, although your game is now multi-OT.

Scarlet didn't ask for that gift, unfortunately. But here's a late night Martini for the 2OT Dubya!

Comment

HHT! HHT! HHT! Wahoo!!!! Thanks HP1015!!! I did not get home before midnight. Just walked in the door 10 minutes ago. I decided to drive in to park, thank God I did. I might still be on my way home. I wasn’t ready to deal with an OT loss after the Pats game yesterday, you know? Exhaling deeply. Heading to bed, going to NYC in the morning.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I got a message from Teddy Wang with a .ru email address, but he didn't say how much money was involved.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So, looks like our bonuses for 2017 will be the maximum payout. Should be a nice windfall.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

It suddenly is snowing like mad. Went down to ground zero to look around and now I can't breathe despite the air scrubbers being on for the last 4 days without things being disturbed. Ugh. THese guys are all down there without masks vacuuming and messing around. They all also smoke. They are all nice guys who odds on will die of lung CA or have horrible COPD by the time they are 50. Too many insults to the lungs are not good.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Hope you feel better soon!
                  Factoid- all but 2% of laryngitis symptoms are viral. Sore throat with nasal congestion, other resp sx is rarely bacterial. Some of the viral stuff is worse than any strep symptom wise and it is slower to go away.
                  I should have asked you first. The doctor at Urgent Care didn't even consider laryngitis. I am home again today with a sore throat and no voice at all. I was considering going into work this afternoon, but my co-workers are adamant that I stay away.

Good Morning, Lodge!
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

In a, likely futile, attempt to get healthier, and lose some weight, I am working on eating healthy lunches. Today I had this Healthy Choice steamer bowl of some kind. It was the most disgusting thing I have eaten. I got half way though and gave up, threw it away. Depending on the bite, it either tasted like eating nothing at all, no flavor, or it tasted like sandy dirt. It was actually gritty, like sand. I figured out how they make people lose weight with this garbage, it just removes any desire to eat anything when the food tastes like this. I'm about ready to just be a fatass, and die early, just so I don't have to eat this garbage ever again in my life.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I have yet to have any frozen meal thing that I didn't hate. I've come to the conclusion if the primary mode to cook something is in the microwave it's time to move on to the next choice.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        I have yet to have any frozen meal thing that I didn't hate. I've come to the conclusion if the primary mode to cook something is in the microwave it's time to move on to the next choice.
                        I've had a frozen lasagna of some kind that was decent, for what it was. And frozen pizza isn't the worst thing on the planet, especially a good Heggie's. Also, I just found out that Mucci's has frozen pizza at our local grocery store now. So I got one to try.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          This.

The primary purpose of a microwave should be to warm up, reheat or (maybe) defrost. The End.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 02-06-2018, 01:57 PM.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah, microwave, sure. The examples I mentioned weren't microwave meals.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              There are a few exceptions (Michaelangelo's makes near-home quality frozen lasagna, but does need 60 mins in the oven), but none of them are healthy.

Bbdl needs to make his own sandwiches or bowls, and workout. It's a reality that I've struggled with myself over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                There are a few exceptions (Michaelangelo's makes near-home quality frozen lasagna, but does need 60 mins in the oven), but none of them are healthy.

Bbdl needs to make his own sandwiches or bowls, and workout. It's a reality that I've struggled with myself over the past few years.
                                I don't need to get in that good of shape. I can't eat sandwiches every day, that drives me crazy. I'll just do whatever.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X