Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Good morning Lodge.

Just wrote an e-mail I may come to regret. My boss wants to change my job description and have others do parts of it so I can focus on the super fun task of getting us IATF certified. As it is now, I feel like I have plenty of time to do everything. What I fear is getting bored. Honestly, when he told me this yesterday my first instinct was to look at job postings and get out of here. So, I shared my thoughts that I can handle it all and that I fear boredom and monotony of focusing on one task. Now that I've said this, something will come up and I will get overwhelmed with work.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      You ok with that not happening till after everyone leaves town on Monday? My brother is going to the Super Bowl. Hoping he has no weather issues getting, leaving or being there.
      No, I prefer it hits on Saturday. **** the Super Bowl, and **** football.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Good morning Lodge.

Just wrote an e-mail I may come to regret. My boss wants to change my job description and have others do parts of it so I can focus on the super fun task of getting us IATF certified. As it is now, I feel like I have plenty of time to do everything. What I fear is getting bored. Honestly, when he told me this yesterday my first instinct was to look at job postings and get out of here. So, I shared my thoughts that I can handle it all and that I fear boredom and monotony of focusing on one task. Now that I've said this, something will come up and I will get overwhelmed with work.
        I would like to borrow some of the free time and monotony. Still dealing with the whole house flood thing. Major undertaking. mr les goes off to work and I am the point person except I am really supposed to be doing my job- working from home. Yesterday, instead of prepping for my class I was washing all the china, crystal and antique stuff that we had stored down stairs. It was all neatly packed into the hutch but the hutch is HUGE and I literally have no counter or table space or any surface left in the accessible rooms. THere is still more stuff down there that needs to be washed up (mold issues after the flood). I washed things for 8 hours yesterday. 8. Yes 8. They need to clean stuff out of the basement. It should be washed as it comes up. I should wash things again all day but I have get work done. THey don't want to do the delicate or antiquey stuff and I don't want them too. They decided to put a table out in the dining room (now a shell) and run an air scrubber next to it as a compromise. I am a wee bit stressed.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge! (fake it til you make it)

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Good morning Lodge.

I'd like to think your boss will be happy you took that initiative and that it could hopefully open up some good discussion about your abilities and capacity.

I have my annual review tomorrow. Not sure how it's going to go. We've had some internal restructuring in our department, not our team, but now we're waiting to see what our team will wind up doing. There's a bit of a power play going on and my boss is having her own issues with her boss. She told us last week how HR wants to look at all of our positions and it was basically determined that a lot of the stuff I do could and should be done by a lower grade person. The reason I'm doing it? We don't have a lower grade person in this department, plus, this stuff is all activation-based, which is what I do. We had a good talk yesterday. I did tell her for the first time I feel like my job is in jeopardy. Like, they will downgrade my position and I will get stuck doing something else. I don't think that will happen but who knows with this place. She told me not to worry, we should be fine. She has been pushing me to take more ownership of things and to take some leadership roles in things I oversee. That will help me in the long run. I just hate reviews. I don't do a good job selling myself or pushing back. I don't know how to get better at that.

Comment

I'm on 200-proof rageahol this morning. Found out my big vacation plans are getting ****ed because of a big project being rescheduled. "No vacations in July, August, or September."

Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I'm on 200-proof rageahol this morning. Found out my big vacation plans are getting ****ed because of a big project being rescheduled. "No vacations in July, August, or September."

Um no.
                What are they doing to compensate for that?

This house thing is going to be a complete biatch. Currently we are going to need to replace the couch, recliner, floors, things will need to be repainted. Also still have an entire room of china, things that need to be washed. A bunch of stuff we couldn't put in the pod d/t temperature. My head is spinning. Once we get the demo done then we can get an estimate for a reno. I am not good at the hurry up and wait thing. Add to that lil is graduating in May and we need everything all set before then. It would seem like that wouldn't be a problem but anyone who has dealt with reno knows....

Comment

Absolutely nothing.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Absolutely nothing.
                    Time to look for a new place or schedule an elective surgery with required rest afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Late yesterday $3.5M from the UNITED NATIONS PROJECT SCHEME (13P5). Total now $66.22M.
                      $4.8M from Walter Fuchs in South Africa at a rate of $10K per day. Total now $71.02M.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That blows. Hardcore.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just got back from ziplining over the river from Nicollet island. What a freakin blast!!
                          Code:

Comment

Can I be you? I corrected papers til 8, didn't finish but decided I better prep for tomorrows class. Just finished. Still haven't done a run thru. Need to be out of here by 12. THe guys are coming at 8. I have no where I can hide to practice things. Argh.

Comment

Maybe. But that means you have to work the summer.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Can I be you? I corrected papers til 8, didn't finish but decided I better prep for tomorrows class. Just finished. Still haven't done a run thru. Need to be out of here by 12. THe guys are coming at 8. I have no where I can hide to practice things. Argh.
                                Zipline or correcting papers until God knows when? I choose the latter.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X