View Poll Results: What To Do Now That Winter Is Here?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep warm and toasty under a blanket

8 40.00%
  • Curse my local sports team

10 50.00%
  • Hibernate until spring

3 15.00%
  • Build a snow fort

6 30.00%
  • Reminisce about how winters were worse "in my day"

13 65.00%
  • Bacon and Giada and yada yada yada

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

there's a good buck in that racket.

someone slept late today
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

pawn in game of life

Good Morning, Lodge!

Shoulder is still sore today. Not as bad as I did a lot of resting yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    That's what got her in trouble to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Evening, Lodge. Really cold here, and for the first time in a long time, I'm loving it. Why? It's giving the SB visitors a taste of what we just deal with every winter. Yes, both teams are from states that actually have winter, but not usually like this. -7 is the low tonight.

Single digits are the predicted high temps for the weekend.
    my pipes burst because it was -10F (and we didn't have the storm door on, not like it hasn't been neg temps before)

Good Morning Lodge!

Opposite Girl

Good morning Lodge. Working from home this morning. I had no meetings and yesterday I was feeling like I was coming down with a cold, so I wanted to be able to sleep in a bit. I do have work to do today and will get to it shortly. But right now Iím finishing up breakfast and watching Will and Grace from last night.

les - review went good. We had a good talk. I do need to step a few things up. Could be doing a few things better. But thatís kinda par for the course with me.

My brother is heading to Mpls today. Told him to bundle up. My cousin that lives in Wyoming weaseled his way on the trip. Reached out to my cousin and asked if he AND his son could come. My cousin said no, he only has two tickets. Heís crashing in their hotel room. I love my cousin, and he and my brother have been close all their lives, but it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he weaseled his way onto this trip. Heís also a minister so I have no idea whatís happening in his church on Sunday. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Good morning Lodge. Working from home this morning. I had no meetings and yesterday I was feeling like I was coming down with a cold, so I wanted to be able to sleep in a bit. I do have work to do today and will get to it shortly. But right now Iím finishing up breakfast and watching Will and Grace from last night.

les - review went good. We had a good talk. I do need to step a few things up. Could be doing a few things better. But thatís kinda par for the course with me.

My brother is heading to Mpls today. Told him to bundle up. My cousin that lives in Wyoming weaseled his way on the trip. Reached out to my cousin and asked if he AND his son could come. My cousin said no, he only has two tickets. Heís crashing in their hotel room. I love my cousin, and he and my brother have been close all their lives, but it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he weaseled his way onto this trip. Heís also a minister so I have no idea whatís happening in his church on Sunday. Heh.
    god was there before the super bowl, god will still be there after the super bowl. no worries

Lucia Apologist

I slept for 13 hours last night. It was great.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Finally the weather is agreeable again.

Had a flight from Cincinnati to MSP last night. Delta really needs to figure out how to turn on the air conditioning. It was about 90 degrees the whole flight and the flight attendants did nothing about it. Both me and the guy next to me were having issues with it. It would be nice, just once, to be on a commercial flight that isn't hot as ****. I got off the plane and stood off to the side in the jetway, in the -4 temps, just to get comfortable for about 2 minutes, it was good to be back in MN.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Finally the weather is agreeable again.

Had a flight from Cincinnati to MSP last night. Delta really needs to figure out how to turn on the air conditioning. It was about 90 degrees the whole flight and the flight attendants did nothing about it. Both me and the guy next to me were having issues with it. It would be nice, just once, to be on a commercial flight that isn't hot as ****. I got off the plane and stood off to the side in the jetway, in the -4 temps, just to get comfortable for about 2 minutes, it was good to be back in MN.
    just following ancient history.....

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

After ~24 hours of travel time my wife and I got back from Singapore Tuesday evening. We've both been puddles since we got back, coming home was a much harder adjustment that going over was.

In the spirit of bigblue's recent trip to Vegas my wife and I had a splurge night at the Marina Sands Hotel including dinner at Spago. Expensive as hell but worth every penny and wow Spago is fantastic and the night views from the Skypark (57th floor) were unbelievable. I didn't take a picture of our Spago bill but between the hotel, drinks at the infinity pool, & dinner we probably dropped a grand that night & loved every minute of it!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Lucia Apologist

Spago. That's a Wolfgang Puck restaurant right?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Spago. That's a Wolfgang Puck restaurant right?
    Yes. I looked at the Spago menu at Caesar's and it wasn't nearly as expensive as I expected. If I would have done a little digging earlier, I would have tried to plan to visit that one.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Spago is really good. Best fried calamari ever. One of the few reasons I don't mind a Vegas trip.

Lucia Apologist

Calamari is gross. Like eating deep fried condoms.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Calamari is gross. Like eating deep fried condoms.
    I'm not even gonna ask.

But calamari is disgusting.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Am I first to the #HT?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'm not even gonna ask.

But calamari is disgusting.
    I think that I will stop eating calamari.

At the tie, bye sushi bar.

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

Calamari is made many different ways. Some are much better than others, but it's not great no matter how it's made. Not horrible when done right.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Thread Information