Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Morning. Local news site has "STORM CENTER" plastered at the top of their page. There is NOTHING happening outside right now. Barely a dusting of snow.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Took the day off of work because of a few doctor appointments and the car is in the shop getting a ball bearing replaced. That being said, it was fun driving from Eagan to Burnsville to Woodbury back to Eagan. Once I get my car fixed, I get to drive to St. Louis Park. For the non-locals: South Metro to South Metro to East Metro back to South Metro. Then go to West Metro. Roads suck south of the river. Pure ice. I cannot stand it when people are breaking when the car in front of them is a 1/4 mile away. Coast people! Coast!
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

The folks came for the h2o damage today. Floors in the finished basement, dining room, kitchen and foyer will all need to be replaced. And some walls. All the furniture needs to be removed. they think we are going to need a pod to put everything in- no room in the house. Yay us. This includes 2 hutches packed ful of delicate china, serving dishes, etc. My head hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Good Morning Lodge!

The folks came for the h2o damage today. Floors in the finished basement, dining room, kitchen and foyer will all need to be replaced. And some walls. All the furniture needs to be removed. they think we are going to need a pod to put everything in- no room in the house. Yay us. This includes 2 hutches packed ful of delicate china, serving dishes, etc. My head hurts.
            Holy cow! Will they be able to do it all at once (more or less)? Will the ceilings need to be done as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Holy cow! Will they be able to do it all at once (more or less)? Will the ceilings need to be done as well?
              Both ceilings, some walls and the floors. I forgot to mention the ceilings I guess. We have no idea what the sequence will be or how it works other than they need to rip up the floors, rip down the walls/ceilings, spray with fungicide. I think they then have to replace everything. I have to inventory everything that was damaged, decide what is rescuable, on, and on.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Both ceilings, some walls and the floors. I forgot to mention the ceilings I guess. We have no idea what the sequence will be or how it works other than they need to rip up the floors, rip down the walls/ceilings, spray with fungicide. I think they then have to replace everything. I have to inventory everything that was damaged, decide what is rescuable, on, and on.
                On the bright side, since you have to have all this done, will you get to pick new paint colors/wallpaper/rugs/tile/linoleum? I mean, if it has to be replaced and all, are you at least going to enjoy looking for new stuff? I'm sure the process is going to be a nightmare, but at least at the end of it, you have a new look to those rooms. /tryingtobepositive

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  On the bright side, since you have to have all this done, will you get to pick new paint colors/wallpaper/rugs/tile/linoleum? I mean, if it has to be replaced and all, are you at least going to enjoy looking for new stuff? I'm sure the process is going to be a nightmare, but at least at the end of it, you have a new look to those rooms. /tryingtobepositive
                  Trying to think this way. We have hardwood floors in the DR so that will stay the same. The floor in the Kitchen/foyer is cork. Really cool. It took us 15yrs to find something we wanted that we both liked
                  I really love the diningroom wallpaper. Not sure if they can leave that up. They need to wait and see. The finished basement, on the otherhand, needed something so now it will get it.

Comment

As long as you had coverage for it (), look at the bright side! New house!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

s’upp y’all

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Work was DEAD today. Storm/weather killed it. I have no idea what to expect for tomorrow, except maybe a surge in ice melt sales (and UGH on hand-loading 50lb boxes that are the size of a breadbox).

Kinda laughing at all the people who couldn't accelerate from a dead-stop, or were slipping a little on the roads on the way to/from work, while I merrily drove a little slower than normal and had no issues. The roads were not ideal, no doubt, just had to be cautious.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

someone is up a little early today...... hope it was just a pee and you went back to sleep!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                              Good Morning, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

and someone slept a like late....

Comment

Working...
                                X