Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    What happened to this site? How is there no series thread for Huskies vs. Gophers?
    There has been a downward trend in posting here for several years. As to the reason that there is specifically no thread for that series, I can think of a few reasons, but this is probably not the place to have arguments between fans of various teams. So let us blame it all on Trump or Obama depending upon your leaning. I blame it on both since they are both too tall.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

*HT. Ridiculous game. My friends who are fans of the other team might say otherwise.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

HHT

I thought I saw St. Clown at the game. Didn’t want to run up and awkwardly say hi as he was leaving.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

HHT. As far as posting, most have gone to their teams' sites to post. This site is quickly becoming a dinosaur with the advancement of technology.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That and *******s are all over the D-1 and D-3 threads nowadays.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              That and *******s are all over the D-1 and D-3 threads nowadays.
              They were always there, just more noticeable now, due to lack of quality posters. Like me. Okay, I almost said that last part with a straight face.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm never in DI anymore. It's a silly place.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  I'm never in DI anymore. It's a silly place.
                  *thumbsup*
                  I duck in every now and then, see what trouble I can stir up or contribute to.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        HHT. As far as posting, most have gone to their teams' sites to post. This site is quickly becoming a dinosaur with the advancement of technology.
                        That is certainly one of the reasons. As far as I know the only two ECAC teams which have team sites are Clarkson and Cornell. I read both and post on both occasionally. I don't know about the other team sites, but IMHO these two, especially the Cornell one, suffer from being basically cheering sections for their teams, and that is even when their teams are having bad seasons.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          That is certainly one of the reasons. As far as I know the only two ECAC teams which have team sites are Clarkson and Cornell. I read both and post on both occasionally. I don't know about the other team sites, but IMHO these two, especially the Cornell one, suffer from being basically cheering sections for their teams, and that is even when their teams are having bad seasons.
                          Most of the SLU crowd has either turned off the team, or migrated over to our Facebook fan page. Significantly larger group than here, and easier to contribute in various formats (pictures, video, etc).

Visitors mostly welcome, just don't do what Joecct did

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Most of the SLU crowd has either turned off the team, or migrated over to our Facebook fan page. Significantly larger group than here, and easier to contribute in various formats (pictures, video, etc).

Visitors mostly welcome, just don't do what Joecct did
                            Facebook is one of those new-fangled things which I never joined. BTW, what did Joe do? I have seen it mentioned, but without details.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge! (nonEastern bias)

SO far have been on the phone to the local insurance co, the Claims manager, the cleaning service and a construction/mold remediation place. And to make matters more fun- the ceiling in the bathroom is now dripping water thru the light/fan fixture. Sigh. That would be another 500$ deductible for a separate claim if we did it. Meanwhile taking a shower in 50F is not warm, there is no place to put anything that got wet because Christmas is up. All our coats but the ones we were wearing were saturated with heating water and then smeared with ceiling debris.

On a positive note- We have been so lucky. We have a friend that is in the remediation /repair business for a national co. He may not work on our stuff but he has in for a fast track. RIght now to get someone to give an estimate is over 2 weeks. He is coming tomorrow AM on the way to work. We got a plumber in record time. We still have heat.

Comment

I stayed home today because the exterminator which the condo hires was coming for their annual spraying of my unit. Although I don't have to be home, I like to be. They could not give me a specific time. He finally came and was in and out in less than 2 minutes.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X