Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Good morning Lodge. Heading to church, actual church, this morning. We have a new priest and today is his first service. The past six months have been a bit tumultuous there, with the former priest’s supporters going a bit crazy, so I want to be there this morning to show my support for the new guy. My folks are driving down as well and we’re going to lunch. Not sure what I’m doing for the game. My friend whose house I go to hasn’t texted to let me know to go there. Not sure if I should reach out or not. Not sure if I want to go out to watch, as I really want to watch This Is Us right after it. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Not doing anything for Superb Owl. House is a disaster so can't invite anyone. The people we used to do things with moved to Alabama. (??!!) You might ask why a northern family who has intelligent, critical thinking skills moved to... well, you get it. They have 2 kids going to college down there. From what I am hearing, pretty sure I would not make it past 1 month living there. Either I would be arrested for murrrrderrrr or someone would kill me.

Comment

We're watching the Super Bowl with a bunch of Patriots fans this year, was with the same group last year and was really fun. Several are originally from the Boston area (ex-Pats? ) and moved here with mother mining. Really fun group and it's especially fun to watch the SB with those who have a rooting interest. I bet it's fun to watch a SB and have a rooting interest; it's been a long dam time since I've been able to experience that.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          I bet it's fun to watch a SB and have a rooting interest; it's been a long dam time since I've been able to experience that.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            We're watching the Super Bowl with a bunch of Patriots fans this year, was with the same group last year and was really fun. Several are originally from the Boston area (ex-Pats? ) and moved here with mother mining. Really fun group and it's especially fun to watch the SB with those who have a rooting interest. I bet it's fun to watch a SB and have a rooting interest; it's been a long dam time since I've been able to experience that.
            I've never experienced it. I'm 34. The only time a football team I have ties to has won it all is when the CRHS Cardinals won state. I was 6 months old.

Fun game. Truly didn't give a crap who won.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              I've never experienced it. I'm 34. The only time a football team I have ties to has won it all is when the CRHS Cardinals won state. I was 6 months old.

Fun game. Truly didn't give a crap who won.
              Be careful what you wish for. As you know, in a way, the heartbreak is very difficult.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Be careful what you wish for. As you know, in a way, the heartbreak is very difficult.
                Oh I've experienced the ultimate heartbreak. I was at the 1989 championship game between Minnesota and Harvard. Yes I was only six, but I remember it clear as a bell ringing 10 feet away. The Gophers and North Stars were my jam. When the Stars left just three years later, all hope was lost. Then 2002 and 2003 came along.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

This is when I am happy Ftb is a nothingburger to me. Spent the day, night and into the wee hours of the morning correcting papers. Stopped for dinner, watched a bit of the game, had a miniscule glass of red wine (yassssssssssssssss!!!- home vintage from a friend, I looooove the taste of wine and missed it- I can actually drink this without getting violently ill) and realized I have no earthly idea about Ftb. Men who are huge, wear pads so they can bang into each other and all sorts of weird rules about who is eligible to catch it, hit people. Some people seem to be able to blow each other up, others you treat like basketball weenies. Went back to correcting.

With all the insanity of the demo, insurance, etc I was behind the 8 ball for correcting. Finished at a bit past 2AM. All caught up. Instead of feeling frustrated like Lucy in the chocolate factory, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Done is done. I have until Tues before things are submitted again unlike when I was doing the NP thing and I would awake to a folder full of labs and messages like I never started.

God is good.

Comment

I've experienced it a couple of times in my team's 21 year history. I may have only been 1 year old when the Colts skipped town, but I still hate them. Happy to have the Ravens now.

The first time I had a rooting superbowl interest was fun. In 2000 my bf at the time signed up for a room in the dorm so we could have a super bowl party. I had all kinds of purple and black decorations from a care package my parents sent me. I may have been the only Ravens fan, but my friends were cheering with me, since I cared. Then, a group shows up to the room that assumed they could use it (they normally had club meetings there), even though they didn't sign up. They were all cheering for the Giants. We shared the room and the food, but it was kind of awkward.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Home sick today. Actually sick, not Super Bowl sick. Most of you would be glad as I have no voice and cannot talk. It is not strep. They don't know what it is. Just lots of rest.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Oh I've experienced the ultimate heartbreak. I was at the 1989 championship game between Minnesota and Harvard. Yes I was only six, but I remember it clear as a bell ringing 10 feet away. The Gophers and North Stars were my jam. When the Stars left just three years later, all hope was lost. Then 2002 and 2003 came along.
                            That early 90s stretch was rough for me (minus the Twins). North Stars/Bills 5 combined title chances....ugh.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Howdy Lodge. It's Beanpot Monday. I know all of you could not care less about it, but it's something I look forward to every year, despite crippling heartbreak, so please ixnay on the comments. We have the second game, hopefully the first semifinal doesn't go into OT as I'd like to get home before midnight. Not going to drive in as it will be less expensive to take a cab home than spend half my paycheck to park at the Garden. Bolting work at 4:45, taking the T home, dropping off my backpack, changing clothes, taking the T back to North Station and then grabbing a bite before heading into the game.

I fly to NYC tomorrow morning so I'm glad I'm not missing a parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                Good Morning, Lodge!

Home sick today. Actually sick, not Super Bowl sick. Most of you would be glad as I have no voice and cannot talk. It is not strep. They don't know what it is. Just lots of rest.
                                Hope you feel better soon!
                                Factoid- all but 2% of laryngitis symptoms are viral. Sore throat with nasal congestion, other resp sx is rarely bacterial. Some of the viral stuff is worse than any strep symptom wise and it is slower to go away.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Howdy Lodge. It's Beanpot Monday. I know all of you could not care less about it, but it's something I look forward to every year, despite crippling heartbreak, so please ixnay on the comments. We have the second game, hopefully the first semifinal doesn't go into OT as I'd like to get home before midnight. Not going to drive in as it will be less expensive to take a cab home than spend half my paycheck to park at the Garden. Bolting work at 4:45, taking the T home, dropping off my backpack, changing clothes, taking the T back to North Station and then grabbing a bite before heading into the game.

I fly to NYC tomorrow morning so I'm glad I'm not missing a parade.
                                THis always boggles my mind. The cost to park is pretty much what you pay for a ticket. I usually park at Sullivan and take the T in

Comment

Working...
                                X