Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I am getting 20% of $50M from Mr. Jefferson Brown. I know that math isn't allowed here, but that sounds like $10M. The total is now $127.02M.
    I received at the same message from Janet Yellen about $30.5M. I probably shouldn't count it again.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Most younger employees have mountains of student loan debt to pay off before they have the means to do this kind of stuff.
      Exactly this.
      I graduated BU with approximately 120,000$ in undergraduate debt. I am well under 100K$ now, but there is a reason that I haven't started saving for retirement until about 3 years ago (turned 33 in December). Cost of living + student loans and not getting a job in a field that paid anything were all not overly conducive to doing anything other than working to live. I paid for my second bachelor's out of pocket and with assistance from the hospital where I worked (they paid for tuition and for every semester I borrowed, I owed them a year of employment). Now I'm putting 12% in my 401K. Both the husband I will be paying off our cars in the next 12 months, so we'll be rolling that money into his credit card debt and my student loans.

Comment

While I didn't graduate from college, I decided to go blue collar before I had to, from my first "career" job at 19 I was putting in 5% (and got a matching 5%) for 7 years. Rolled it over to wherever (money guy did this for me, obviously) and now I've been getting retirement money from my current company for the last 16+ years. I think I'll be alright, barring something bizarre happening.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received at the same message from Janet Yellen about $30.5M. I probably shouldn't count it again.
                $4.8M from Walter Fuchs. Total now $131.82M.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Opening these is probably half the reason you get more of them.

I havent seen any of these in 2 years.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The other ones are probably legit, but I'd watch out for Walter, he may try to Fuchs you over.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Opening these is probably half the reason you get more of them.

I havent seen any of these in 2 years.
                      I don't actually open them. I just look at them in the Outlook window. I also don't download the pictures.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        The other ones are probably legit, but I'd watch out for Walter, he may try to Fuchs you over.

a
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RFAlph will be taking care of all of us in retirement
                          Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Well played ma'am!
                          Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Day 4 of being at home. Doctor said I have the option of going to work tomorrow. The doc was kind enough to give me a note for additional proof to my boss that I actually am sick and do not have a voice. Downside of being home today is that hubby has today and tomorrow off. I enjoyed the silence. I am going to attempt to go to work tomorrow.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

$3.5M from Mr.Mark Rollins of the United Nations Project Scheme. Total now $135.32M.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On the plane, about to head to San Juan to go boost the island economy before the cruise Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X