Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Calamari is gross. Like eating deep fried condoms.
    I'm not even gonna ask.

But calamari is disgusting.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Am I first to the #HT?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I'm not even gonna ask.

But calamari is disgusting.
        I think that I will stop eating calamari.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At the tie, bye sushi bar.

Comment

Calamari is made many different ways. Some are much better than others, but it's not great no matter how it's made. Not horrible when done right.
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I enjoy fried calamari with marinara sauce to dip in. Especially at a really good Italian restaurant. Maybe I'll place an order at the HHT, where I just sat down. Not celebrating too much as they barely held on. But, they are on a bit of winning streak so I'll take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Am I first to the #HT?
                I’m pretty much camped there permanently.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I’m pretty much camped there permanently.
                  I go out between games to get some fresh air.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HHT!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Calamari is gross. Like eating deep fried condoms.
                      You've never had it done right, then. It's tragically easy to overcook, and sadly most restaurants do.

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

Busy day tomorrow. Headed a bit north for a brewery's bottle release, then meeting a couple friends for a bite to eat, then continuing on with those friends to meet up with more friends for our annual Boot Hockey Reunion game, and probably some post-game shenanigans. Temps sound like they will be in the teens, but -10 to -20 windchills around game time (yes, we play outdoors, on a city rink, as it should be done).

We have played in colder temps; the coldest we've played in was about -20 real temps, don't recall the windchill. Still played our usual 3 hours.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I enjoy fried calamari with marinara sauce to dip in. Especially at a really good Italian restaurant. Maybe I'll place an order at the HHT, where I just sat down. Not celebrating too much as they barely held on. But, they are on a bit of winning streak so I'll take it.
                          Agreed.

The best I've had was in Monterey, CA. We ordered the calamari and they brought out what looked like chicken parm -- it was a squid steak that had been fried.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            You've never had it done right, then. It's tragically easy to overcook, and sadly most restaurants do.
                            Bingo. Mere seconds between bliss and a bouncy ball.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X