Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    I should have asked you first. The doctor at Urgent Care didn't even consider laryngitis. I am home again today with a sore throat and no voice at all. I was considering going into work this afternoon, but my co-workers are adamant that I stay away.

Good Morning, Lodge!
    Smart co-workers!

I make my own lunches and use the seal-fresh thingy. Freeze them. Boom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I got a message from Teddy Wang with a .ru email address, but he didn't say how much money was involved.
      I forgot to post that on 2/2 I received a message from Mrs. Christine Largarde of the International Money Fund that I will get $10.7M. Among a lot of other things: "I was appointed to handle your transaction here in America as Mr Donald J Trump has given me the permission." That has to be true.

The total is now $117.02M.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I forgot to post that on 2/2 I received a message from Mrs. Christine Largarde of the International Money Fund that I will get $10.7M. Among a lot of other things: "I was appointed to handle your transaction here in America as Mr Donald J Trump has given me the permission." That has to be true.

The total is now $117.02M.
        IMF (fake version) and Trump (probably the real one). It must be true.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

s'upp y'all
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            So, looks like our bonuses for 2017 will be the maximum payout. Should be a nice windfall.
            Got good numbers for my retirement plan at work for last year. They did change how they do it a year prior, so it's not AS good as before (which was insane), but it's still better than most, if any, 401K plans that other companies have. My company gives a gross percentage of your income to you every year. You contribute nothing. It's some weird grand-fathered in plan, and only a handful of companies in the US still use it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It’s not a grandfathered plan. That’s called a defined contribution pension. It’s what most companies do now. Contribute whatever you want, we’ll match it up to a certain percentage, and separately we’ll give you x% on top of it all. That last part is the defined contribution.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                It’s not a grandfathered plan. That’s called a defined contribution pension. It’s what most companies do now. Contribute whatever you want, we’ll match it up to a certain percentage, and separately we’ll give you x% on top of it all. That last part is the defined contribution.
                Employees cannot contribute to our program. Our retirement fund is literally given money by my company.

Edit:

In the past, I think the best year was 22% of gross income.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It’s not a grandfathered plan. That’s called a defined contribution pension. It’s what most companies do now. Contribute whatever you want, we’ll match it up to a certain percentage.
                  This is what we have, but our company contribution is ridiculously low (4%). I put 12% away every paycheck (I'd like to do more, but my student loan payments are ridonkulous). It's annoying. My last hospital matched up to 7% and I left with 1 year left before I was 100% vested (I'm 75% vested); I've left my money there because I may some day return there.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

We used to have a pension (20 year to be fully vested). Also have a 401k, company matches 3%. They implemented age/years with company to keep pension last year, those under were changed to a 401k % contribution (up to 5% gross per year).

Needless to say, lost my pension in lieu of this not-guaranteed thing. Sure, there's a chance the money dump into the 401k COULD yield more than pension, but I liked the "guaranteed" aspect of the pension.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                        Good Morning, HP1015!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Our company has both traditional and Roth 401(k) options. We get matched up to 4 or 5%. It used to be 1% higher. They also give us 3% on top of it all. We also have an employee stock program where we get 15% off stock.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Morning Ralph and the Lodge!

Day 3 of staying home. Had hubby call my boss as I have a feeling that she does not believe me. Hubby is also going to try to get me a doctor's appointment. The earlier the better.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Our company has both traditional and Roth 401(k) options. We get matched up to 4 or 5%. It used to be 1% higher. They also give us 3% on top of it all. We also have an employee stock program where we get 15% off stock.
                              I’m old enough to be part of the pension. The 401k & match have been very good, too.
                              The ESOP is fantastic. Paid for a big chunk of our cabin and a large portion of our kids education from that money.
                              Last edited by Greyeagle; 02-07-2018, 08:03 AM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I’m using the tax cut to buy more and start selling some of my older shares to not oversaturate myself with stock. I’ll probably dump that extra cash into other investments that are more diversified. As soon as the car is paid off, I’m dumping that payment into stock as well.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X