Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Afternnon.

A lovely 75 degrees both today and tomorrow. Thats more April temps than February.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If someone calls you a sucker, how would you take that?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        If someone calls you a sucker, how would you take that?
        Depends on context, but I'm guessing not very well.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Wave at them, say thanks and roll my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Wave at them, say thanks and roll my eyes.
            With all fingers or a select digit or two?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              With all fingers or a select digit or two?
              Oooh, well done sir!

Comment

Got an email from a co-worker, who reports to my boss’ peer. My boss doesn’t get along with her peer. Her peer is this whiny, Debbie Downer type. I am totally on my boss’ side in whatever drama she has with her peer, because peer is such a pain. My boss sent an email this morning about this sponsor event for one of the conferences we sponsor and included co-worker. Which I thought was a bit odd, but co-worker works with me on these conferences. Anyway, co-worker emailed to ask about this sponsor event, is it something she needed to know about. I told her what it was, no she didn’t have to worry about it, that I went last year, got the invite for this year, sent to my boss as I think she should know of this event. Turns out my boss is going to the one in Texas, I’m going to the one here.

I had to leave at 4pm today and wanted to run into my boss’ office to let her know I was bolting at 4 and ask her if she was in the office tomorrow. Just as I was getting up to go in there, she IMs me asking “Did co-worker ask you about the email?” I went in to her office instead of replying, told her yes, and how I responded. She tells me she deliberately put co-worker on the email (I honestly can’t recall if peer was on it) and figured co-worker would come to me. When I told her what I emailed to co-worker, she said i shouldn’t have explained to the extent that I did, that I shouldn’t trust co-worker because she will go to the peer, etc. and called me a sucker. I didn’t really respond as I had to leave. She texted me about an hour later wanting to explain further. This time, though, I kinda let her have it. Told her I get her explanation, support her reasons but it would’ve been nice to know she did that deliberately to get the exact reaction so I could’ve tempered my response to co-worker. Instead, I respond like I always do and get called a sucker. Apparently that thick skin you keep telling me I need to grow isn’t fully in because that bothered me.

She responded about an hour later, she was sufficiently horrified she made me feel like **** and apologized profusely. Then she called. It I was at dinner with my family and couldn’t talk. Texted her to call me tomorrow. I could’ve taken it but I wasn’t in the mood to chat. Let her stew a bit.

Comment

Your boss called you a sucker? What in the actual ****?

Oh, and letting her sit on this overnight is absolutely the right call. You said it best: let her stew on this.

Thick skin, my foot. If you call me a sucker at the office, you're probably not going to like my response.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Your boss called you a sucker? What in the actual ****?

Oh, and letting her sit on this overnight is absolutely the right call. You said it best: let her stew on this.

Thick skin, my foot. If you call me a sucker at the office, you're probably not going to like my response.
                    What he said. Boss sounds like managerial style could use some work. Good on you for letting her have it. Better you didn't talk tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      What he said. Boss sounds like managerial style could use some work. Good on you for letting her have it. Better you didn't talk tonight.
                      Yeah, good call.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s’upp suckers

(Think she meant context of falling for bait. Not for um, sucking but should obviously know her charges and buttons (if an effective manager))
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning all! It’s been too long.

Whose coming out this way for the Frozen Four?
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                                Good morning all! It’s been too long.

Whose coming out this way for the Frozen Four?
                                Skipping this year. Saving travel money for other trips.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X