Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Evening, Lodge. Today was actually like a normal day at work. It makes no sense. Whatever, still got out on time. No clue what to expect tomorrow. Other than it'll be sorta cold, then Sat-Mon it'll be "stay the f* inside" cold
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning tot he rest of tLodge!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

S'upp y'all

Woman at the desk ask Mookie if he wanted upgrade to first. Mookie said he fine in biz, got the lounge. Wait hand and foot. Booze
          Don't need any more.

She laughed and went about checkin

Then she hands Mookie boarding pass and said "I upgraded you anyhow. 3A" and smiled

Twist mookie's arm. Hope Mookie gets the bonus miles
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And the rich get richer....

Good morning Lodge. Home, finally. Doing some laundry, need to run out and do some food shopping. This afternoon I'm going with my cousin to Children's Hospital. Her 2-year old has some developmental issues. Last week they had an appointment with her, today is the assessment. She asked either me or my brother to go with her as, at the time, her husband and 5-year old were supposed to be visiting his family in Michigan. Then he got pneumonia. He's not really well enough to go. My brother flies out today, so I'm going with her. I'm worried for my cousin. She's had a rough week with everyone being sick, plus thinking about this appointment the whole time. I want to be there for moral support, plus try to get information and ask questions for her. Her daughter has some sensory issues, and she hasn't started talking yet. She tuned 2 in August. She has definitely improved over the past few months. Makes eye contact, plays with you, getting much better with people she doesn't see often (like my family), etc. No fear at doing things like running around outside, she loves to swim. Not sure what to expect.

Also, it's cold. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              And the rich get richer....

Good morning Lodge. Home, finally. Doing some laundry, need to run out and do some food shopping. This afternoon I'm going with my cousin to Children's Hospital. Her 2-year old has some developmental issues. Last week they had an appointment with her, today is the assessment. She asked either me or my brother to go with her as, at the time, her husband and 5-year old were supposed to be visiting his family in Michigan. Then he got pneumonia. He's not really well enough to go. My brother flies out today, so I'm going with her. I'm worried for my cousin. She's had a rough week with everyone being sick, plus thinking about this appointment the whole time. I want to be there for moral support, plus try to get information and ask questions for her. Her daughter has some sensory issues, and she hasn't started talking yet. She tuned 2 in August. She has definitely improved over the past few months. Makes eye contact, plays with you, getting much better with people she doesn't see often (like my family), etc. No fear at doing things like running around outside, she loves to swim. Not sure what to expect.

Also, it's cold. Again.
              Whatever the diagnosis there usually is a sense of relief of knowing mixed with a sense of my kid is not normal (and mourning re all the things that will not be normal). It is good to acknowledge both these and remind the Mum that their kid is still the same kid they were yesterday, labels are only labels. Kids are still the kid they love only now they have the info to help make a strategy to deal with what ever comes and help the kid do the best they can do.

Great book for kids with Sensory Issues~ The Out of Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz. People really have no idea how much the sensory stuff can mimic other things and keep kids from progressing. One of the most misdiagnosed things in kids. Once you get how it works you can work to decrease the stuff that overstims the kid and they can be completely different. If you manipulate their environment they can go from being non-reactive to everything/completely bouncing off the walls to being much calmer and participatory. Depending on how things go it can seem like a miracle or at least much more understandable when things go pear-shaped.
              Good resource- http://www.sociallyspeakingllc.com/m...igns_of_si.pdf or
              http://www.thespiralfoundation.org/toolkit_parents.html

(Worked pedi and this was missed so much!!!)

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Cool - thanks for those resources! I'll share with her. I think she just wants to get some sort of diagnosis as certain treatments won't be covered until she's diagnosed. And then they can move forward. I know its going to be hard even though she is expecting it.

Comment

Yayz! Work was slow enough and I was next on the list for Voluntary Time Off (not paid) so I worked for one whole hour this morning. I would have been bored out of my skull had I stayed. Having lunch at church since I have about $30 in credit there. Free food!
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Cool - thanks for those resources! I'll share with her. I think she just wants to get some sort of diagnosis as certain treatments won't be covered until she's diagnosed. And then they can move forward. I know its going to be hard even though she is expecting it.

Insurance doesn't cover a lot. The State is supposed to cover services but that can be an interesting adventure. For kids that have delays there are services that they cshould be able to access, even without dx. Around here it is the Ann Sullivan Ctr- they go out and evaluate the kid. If they find delays they then make recommendations regarding services. THose are until age 3. After age 3 the local school district is responsible. Most all insurances do NOT cover developmental delay issues at all. That is on the school district. You need to request services and then haunt them to get them (at least in our town which has been sued on numerous occasions for ignoring what they are required to do)

The kiddo should be referred to Early Intervention PRONTO if it hasn't been already. A lot of time people wait until dx and lose the service because they age out at 3. Early Intervention will sometimes even come to the house. EI linky- http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/depart...-intervention/

(you can't tell I am missing the NP thing a bit..... but not enough to go back!!!!!)
                    Last edited by leswp1; 12-29-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

*HT

a
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

Tropical Heatwave here South of the River! Nothing like Irish Coffee to cool myself off.
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Hht!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                            Good Evening, Lodge!

Tropical Heatwave here South of the River! Nothing like Irish Coffee to cool myself off.
                            Hazelnut Rum Cake Irish Stout (firkin) at LTD. Now it's hockey time at Chez Rube.

Comment

HBT! Went to my first (and probably only) BU basketball game tonight. Small crowd. But lively. And the team played great and beat Army. Yay!

Comment

HBT! Went to my first (and probably only) BU basketball game tonight. Small crowd. But lively. And the team played great and beat Army. Yay!
                                What a coincidence! We beat Army, also! HHT at Chez Rube!

Comment

Working...
                                X