Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

At the airport to fly back to work. Super busy but very fun month off, looking forward to the F4 next time off.

Comment

I don't know if I could work one month on and one month off. I think I would get all messed up

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I don't know if I could work one month on and one month off. I think I would get all messed up
        The first year I had 5 weeks PTO, I took every Fri afternoon off, and the first 3 weeks in March off (mostly for hockey). Drove me nuts on the latter. I didn't know what to do with myself.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Eh, I certainly see that side of things. For me, it allows me to travel a good bit without giving up all of a weekend or other free time. That, and I do enjoy days just hanging out at the house relaxing (see: summer 90+ heat... That central air is mighty nice.)

Honestly, a perfect schedule for me would be 3 weeks/3 weeks. Not too long, not too short.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good night lodge. Will be a short night, but happy the US Women won the GOLD!!
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Morning, Y'all!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    Good night lodge. Will be a short night, !!
                    Are you kidding me? Don’t be an ******* and put spoilers in this thread. I’m glad I stayed up to watch it but that’s a major dick move.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Are you kidding me? Don’t be an ******* and put spoilers in this thread. I’m glad I stayed up to watch it but that’s a major dick move.
                      I apologize.. honestly.. didn’t even think about that when I posted..
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge. They just opened a Chick-Fil-A in my neck of the woods. First time I've ever waited two hours for fast food (when you're the only one for 200 miles you'll get some crowds), but it was definitely a nice thing to have.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          I apologize.. honestly.. didn’t even think about that when I posted..
                          I posted a comment about curling that I thought was indistinct and had my bum chewed. I didn't think either. (I guess I don't know enough about curling to realize it would mean anything but the Swedish and Norge skips are still hot!) As far as what you posted- you would have to be living under a rock to avoid that. It is all over every form of media- my FB and insta I could have scrolled for an hour before I hit a post that didn't have that in it. Lesson learned. No celebrating or whining in here to be safe
                          Last edited by leswp1; 02-22-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

To be fair. There are plenty of people who are careful about avoiding it. Last Olympics I managed to have the USA-Russia game go unspoiled until 11 pm on a Saturday.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              To be fair. There are plenty of people who are careful about avoiding it. Last Olympics I managed to have the USA-Russia game go unspoiled until 11 pm on a Saturday.
                              My phone was blowing up when I got up- every notification thing I had was lit with it- the breaking news, FB, Insta, email. I somehow didn't realize it was on last night. This AM I found out half the world stayed up to watch.

Comment

I turned off all notifications. Didn’t visit the news sites. Stayed away from everything but the politics threads here. And I made it home without having the curling game spoiled.

It’s doable.

In the end, no real harm no foul. I just derive so much enjoyment from the excitement of not knowing. Take The Usual Suspects. After I saw it, the movie wasn’t as compelling. It’s why I own more of the bigger blockbuster epics than movies like TUS.

Ymmv.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X