Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 194: What to do now that winter has really started?

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Good morning all! It’s been too long.

Whose coming out this way for the Frozen Four?
    WHo are you? Hiyah Mavsy!

Good Morning Lodge!

Cleaning, correcting and basically taking the day to get myself organized. THings have been too crazy.

WHat happened Scarlet?

Comment

She apologized, said she never meant to say that, I did nothing wrong, etc.. I do believe her. I know it wasn't intentional, but I told her she put me in an awkward position. All she needed to do was text me right after that email and say something like "Hey, let me know if co-worker asks you anything about this. Tell her it's a sponsorship thing, not any of her concern." She said it seemed like I bent over backwards to make sure co-worker wasn't upset when I should have just told her that this is something for us. hat's why she called me that. I told her I thought her being added on to conversation was just yet another result of me being left out of a conversation and when co-worker emailed me, I told her, in my too nice of a way (apparently). Thankfully I didn't forward her the email I sent to co-worker. Her issue is she's fighting for our team to own something that's ours. We've had some concerns in our department that are totally valid. I did say this was not the first time she's called me that, made more of an issue this time because I felt she set me up. Regardless of her motives, which I'm OK with, she didn't inform me, knew co-worker was going to reach out to me and didn't clue me in.

I told you I had that meltdown in the fall as I feel completely left out of things going on with our team and I made the resolution this year to not let stupid personal slights bother me. So, I didn't tell her about the birthday card issue that also happened yesterday. One of my teammates' birthday is Sunday. Managers are supposed to get a card for their directs and send it around. Most of them send an email ahead of time to look out for it. Never saw it. Got back to my desk at 3pm yesterday when leaving at 4, saw a folder with a card, no context. I read it, my boss and co-worker have similar names/initials and my boss' birthday is on the 27th. Half the comments looked like they were for her, half for birthday teammate. I pulled aside our department admin to check. She thought card was for birthday teammate but did look and go, "Hmmm, I wonder what people did." Then she says she's out Friday. As is birthday teammate. I was literally walking out the door. Dept. Amin emails me, tells me other teammate who is BFFs with birthday teammate said she would fix some of the card (correct an initial, etc.) and give to birthday teammate that day. I emailed back OK. I'll get her my own card since I didn't sign that one. Dept. Admin tells me other teammate will sign my name. Yeah, that will go a long way. I want to know if an email went out that I was left off of and why did I not get it till 30 minutes before end of day when she's on my team. No one I can ask without sounding like the baby I do realize I sound like. I go to drop off the card I bought for her and see the card from the department and a separate card from my boss. OK, that was nice of her. I didn't get that for my birthday and almost didn't get the department one because she texted me a week before my birthday to say "Did I forget your birthday?" Other teammate's birthday is March 4th, so I'm keeping my mouth shut to see if she gets a separate card too. Again, this is so, so petty. But I need her to understand though it may be petty on my part and I need to not let it get to me, she needs to not discount the fact that these type of slights happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        She apologized, said she never meant to say that, I did nothing wrong, etc.. I do believe her. I know it wasn't intentional, but I told her she put me in an awkward position. All she needed to do was text me right after that email and say something like "Hey, let me know if co-worker asks you anything about this. Tell her it's a sponsorship thing, not any of her concern." She said it seemed like I bent over backwards to make sure co-worker wasn't upset when I should have just told her that this is something for us. hat's why she called me that. I told her I thought her being added on to conversation was just yet another result of me being left out of a conversation and when co-worker emailed me, I told her, in my too nice of a way (apparently). Thankfully I didn't forward her the email I sent to co-worker. Her issue is she's fighting for our team to own something that's ours. We've had some concerns in our department that are totally valid. I did say this was not the first time she's called me that, made more of an issue this time because I felt she set me up. Regardless of her motives, which I'm OK with, she didn't inform me, knew co-worker was going to reach out to me and didn't clue me in.

I told you I had that meltdown in the fall as I feel completely left out of things going on with our team and I made the resolution this year to not let stupid personal slights bother me. So, I didn't tell her about the birthday card issue that also happened yesterday. One of my teammates' birthday is Sunday. Managers are supposed to get a card for their directs and send it around. Most of them send an email ahead of time to look out for it. Never saw it. Got back to my desk at 3pm yesterday when leaving at 4, saw a folder with a card, no context. I read it, my boss and co-worker have similar names/initials and my boss' birthday is on the 27th. Half the comments looked like they were for her, half for birthday teammate. I pulled aside our department admin to check. She thought card was for birthday teammate but did look and go, "Hmmm, I wonder what people did." Then she says she's out Friday. As is birthday teammate. I was literally walking out the door. Dept. Amin emails me, tells me other teammate who is BFFs with birthday teammate said she would fix some of the card (correct an initial, etc.) and give to birthday teammate that day. I emailed back OK. I'll get her my own card since I didn't sign that one. Dept. Admin tells me other teammate will sign my name. Yeah, that will go a long way. I want to know if an email went out that I was left off of and why did I not get it till 30 minutes before end of day when she's on my team. No one I can ask without sounding like the baby I do realize I sound like. I go to drop off the card I bought for her and see the card from the department and a separate card from my boss. OK, that was nice of her. I didn't get that for my birthday and almost didn't get the department one because she texted me a week before my birthday to say "Did I forget your birthday?" Other teammate's birthday is March 4th, so I'm keeping my mouth shut to see if she gets a separate card too. Again, this is so, so petty. But I need her to understand though it may be petty on my part and I need to not let it get to me, she needs to not discount the fact that these type of slights happen.
        Not petty. A symptom. Poor manager material. Stop making excuses or minimizing what she is doing. She is setting up for failure and then trying to get you owning it. She owns it. Not you.

Comment

**** I'm glad no one at work knows when my birthday is.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            seriously. loose lips sink ships.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Good morning all! It’s been too long.

Whose coming out this way for the Frozen Four?
              not mookie.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                LOL - I thought that and it seems like an extremely formal process for birthday cards.
                Just finished giving my last review, that's exhausting enough without also having to remember when all 13 of them have their birthdays.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

dam. The Swedish skip is HOT! and in other news our skip is struggling (mild word for what is really happening)

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    not mookie.
                    Here I thought I might get a chance to show you around the links!
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Not petty. A symptom. Poor manager material. Stop making excuses or minimizing what she is doing. She is setting up for failure and then trying to get you owning it. She owns it. Not you.
                      Yeah, I know. I need to do a better job of standing up for myself. I am trying to be more upfront with her about stuff like this, but then part of me steps back, knowing some of the internal drama going on in our department and I think "I have a job. I love my job. I get paid pretty **** well for my job. Am I really going to let this get the better of me? And is it really worth it??" I need to pick my battles. This isn't a hill I want to die on, you know? It's more when she pushes back when I try to call out how I am left out of things. This is a perfect example. I don't care about not getting a birthday card. I care about my co-workers getting recognized and me not getting anything. I have started keeping a list of this stuff. I would love to see if she gets other teammate a separate birthday card in a few weeks and say in front of team "Boy, what do I need to do to get my own birthday card??" wink wink ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        dam. The Swedish skip is HOT! and in other news our skip is struggling (mild word for what is really happening)
                        Spoiler alert... :-/
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          You didn't know that Edin is hot?
                          Last edited by state of hockey; 02-16-2018, 05:01 PM.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Yeah, I know. I need to do a better job of standing up for myself. I am trying to be more upfront with her about stuff like this, but then part of me steps back, knowing some of the internal drama going on in our department and I think "I have a job. I love my job. I get paid pretty **** well for my job. Am I really going to let this get the better of me? And is it really worth it??" I need to pick my battles. This isn't a hill I want to die on, you know? It's more when she pushes back when I try to call out how I am left out of things. This is a perfect example. I don't care about not getting a birthday card. I care about my co-workers getting recognized and me not getting anything. I have started keeping a list of this stuff. I would love to see if she gets other teammate a separate birthday card in a few weeks and say in front of team "Boy, what do I need to do to get my own birthday card??" wink wink ha ha.
                              I had a lot of battles with my boss before I finally left. In my case I figured out that I didn't need to comment, keep score or confront. I just needed to learn to label it for what it was and be pragmatic about it. She was what she was and wasn't going to change because no one could hold her accountable or make her. She was horribly passive aggressive (your boss too). That only works if you play. I stopped reacting or showing it affected me, called it for what it was internally and unless it was going to harm a pt told myself I had a paycheck. Except when she was a real dick. Then I would ask her "why did you say that?" is a curious voice. Drove her nuts.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              THey always struggle early. How is this a spoiler? And the Norwegian skip is also quite hot. as in UFF-DaH!

Comment

Wo ist mein Stammtisch?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X