Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I assume everyone working at a major hotel chain is legal (green card, the eeeeeeevil "chain immigration", TPS, DACA, or otherwise). That maybe incorrect, but I always figure that the fallout if a substantial number of them aren't would be yuge and cost as much as hiring those who are legal.
    So, paying a living wage, which is what everyone wants.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Quoted to document your utter ignorance. effectively all people here illegally came over on a student visa, worker visa, green card, or some other form of legal travel into the country.

This idea that republicans have that a bunch of criminals are fording the rio grande is a myth.
      Do you think they practiced fording by playing Oregon trail first?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Let's turn the tables: how many came here legally, and how many are here illegally?
        Recent studies say about 40-50% of people end up overstaying their visas. Estimates put the total number of illegals here at around 14-20 million, but no one really knows.

Couple that with border crossings at near 50-year lows, the lack of demand for agricultural and service industry jobs by citizens and residents, and the average illegal contributes more to the economy than the average red-stater and you can see we don’t have an issue with your bizarre definition of illegal immigrant.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So, paying a living wage, which is what everyone wants.
          Fine. Let’s start by raising the minimum wage to $20.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Do you think they practiced fording by playing Oregon trail first?
            TImmy died too many times on the snake river for me to not know how to get across that river with my family and my oxen.
            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Quoted to document your utter ignorance. effectively all people here illegally came over on a student visa, worker visa, green card, or some other form of legal travel into the country.

This idea that republicans have that a bunch of criminals are fording the rio grande is a myth.
              You know that a green card means "permanent resident alien" status, yes? Therefore, not illegal. Nor would anyone here on a visa be here illegally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                D'okay. I speak truth. It's not your agenda, and God help me, it's not (R) agenda. Too blind to accept that you may be wrong.
                Wrong about what exactly? My god, you are just a never ending stream of nonsense. Are you even capable of a logical train of thought?

Comment

You know that a green card means "permanent resident alien" status, yes? Therefore, not illegal?
                  Ding. If they overstay they become illegal, and I say kick them out in that instance. It's not rocket science.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                    Wrong about what exactly? My god, you are just a never ending stream of nonsense. Are you even capable of a logical train of thought?
                    If they come here on a LEGAL work visa (or equivalent)? Fine. Dandy. They come here illegally, see ya. Get it?

Comment

You know that a green card means "permanent resident alien" status, yes? Therefore, not illegal. Nor would anyone here on a visa be here illegally.
                      Yes, and both green cards and visas expire. Weird.
                      Code:

Comment

Ding. If they overstay they become illegal, and I say kick them out in that instance. It's not rocket science.
                        Why don't you explain how one overstays a permanent residency, rocket man.

Comment

If they come here on a LEGAL work visa (or equivalent)? Fine. Dandy. They come here illegally, see ya. Get it?
                          But this makes zero sense in the context of the real world today. The vast majority come over legally and then just stay past their visa or green card expiration date. Maybe 40 years ago the opposite was true. But that’s not the case today.

What do you do with them? Or the Dreamers who only know America?
                          Code:

Comment

Ahhh, I see. I was wrong about something I hadn't even talked about. Fascinating.

Comment

I'm more interested in dx explaining it. I know the green card rules, but based on dx's statement, I'm wondering if he does - without citing Google, FWIW. I mean, he's the one who thinks a bunch of them are here illegally.

Comment

Green cards can expire after 10 years.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X