X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Well, this clears everything up.
    Write a script and sell it to the networks and you can retire now.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

So, at this point is Hillary Clinton not being in jail the same as abortion not being illegal? It's all about fundraising at this point?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Bite me. When you have skin in the game, suffering sucks.

Why bring up a rather bad reference joke about people suffering like that? How the heck is that even funny?

Here's what's "funny"- it's pretty clear that this board, as well as the rest of the US grew tired of the bad news coming from Puerto Rico a month ago. Which was already a month longer than most US citizens suffer during a hurricane. There will be many US citizens without power for 6 months. It's nice that we can joke about it- not. It's not funny that people still have no clue that Puerto Rico is part of the US. It's not really funny that 1.5MILLION people don't have power. I'm not sure how you lighten that mood up. Ok- it's not that there is ethnic cleansing going on, so you can make fun of that, I suppose.

IMHO, most of you should have to endure suffering like that in your families. It will put a lot of perspective in what can and can not be made fun of. My family has been incredibly lucky. But I know many more who don't have power. Still.

Stop being keyboard jockey's. See what is really going on to our fellow citizens. It's hardly funny.
        I have skin in the game in plenty of places dealing with worse stuff than Puerto Rico and it doesnt make me cry like a 2 year old cause someone made what was obviously a joke about the situation. Just because you are too dense to see it doesnt make Brent any worse or you any better.

But hey, you are right, we should all have people suffer in our families so we can be miserable human beings like yourself. Sounds like a great plan...

And again because apparently you cant read and have the reading comprehension level of a Trumper...he wasnt making a joke at the expense of Puerto Rico. He was making a joke at the people who are too stupid to realize that Puerto Rico is part of the US. That you continue to ignore that because of your agenda doesnt change it. (the same thing I did and a few others did) He just chose an SNL bit because it was doing the same thing.

tl;dr: suck it up you arent the only one with skin in the game and no one was making fun of Puerto Rico or their plight. You however are using them and their plight for your own agenda (shout people down you dont agree with) so maybe you are the one who should be ashamed.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Basically the Puerto Rico story shows exactly what the United States Government feels for it's people. Nothing. They don't care. It's money, power, then people. Puerto Rico offers no money, and no power, so they get no love for their people.
          I think this has been under-reported, but Puerto Rico is a very large supplier of IV bags and other medical supplies which have been in shortage since the hurricane. No power to the factories, no supplies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/23/h...-shortage.html

Comment

So Trump was "going back to work" after Christmas and went on to golf for the rest of the week. Now after "going back to work" after the new year he's spent the first four hours of his day tweeting.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Basically the Puerto Rico story shows exactly what the United States Government feels for it's people. Nothing. They don't care. It's money, power, then people. Puerto Rico offers no money, and no power, so they get no love for their people.
              Why would a Republican care about Puerto Rico? They dont care about 3/4 of the white people unless an election is coming up they certainly arent going to care about some brown ones. Such a Jesus like attitude.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                I think this has been under-reported, but Puerto Rico is a very large supplier of IV bags and other medical supplies which have been in shortage since the hurricane. No power to the factories, no supplies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/23/h...-shortage.html
                They still don't care.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Democrats just lost the Hispanic vote.

Comment

This will give the Republicans the black vote, too.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Bite me. When you have skin in the game, suffering sucks.

Why bring up a rather bad reference joke about people suffering like that? How the heck is that even funny?

Here's what's "funny"- it's pretty clear that this board, as well as the rest of the US grew tired of the bad news coming from Puerto Rico a month ago. Which was already a month longer than most US citizens suffer during a hurricane. There will be many US citizens without power for 6 months. It's nice that we can joke about it- not. It's not funny that people still have no clue that Puerto Rico is part of the US. It's not really funny that 1.5MILLION people don't have power. I'm not sure how you lighten that mood up. Ok- it's not that there is ethnic cleansing going on, so you can make fun of that, I suppose.

IMHO, most of you should have to endure suffering like that in your families. It will put a lot of perspective in what can and can not be made fun of. My family has been incredibly lucky. But I know many more who don't have power. Still.

Stop being keyboard jockey's. See what is really going on to our fellow citizens. It's hardly funny.
                      Brent's a mid-western white boy. He's got electricity. He don't care if an island full of brown people somewhere way to his south doesn't. End of story.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Simple: San Juan mayor goes on TV, with provisions behind her that are CLEARLY VISIBLE, and whines about how Trump isn't doing anything to help Puerto Rico. How about doing your job instead of whining about someone else's.
                        "Provisions" ain't electricity.

Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          "Provisions" ain't electricity.

Try again.
                          To Republicans it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Maybe they should take an example from Hawaiian citizens. Government couldn't be bothered to build them a road, so they built it themselves. Evidently initiative also doesn't exist in the 21st century.
                            Maybe you should know what you're talking about before you go spouting off. I guess Alex didn't cover these stories, huh?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...has-no-empathy

During one segment of this show, there was a village that had lost the only bridge that connected them to the rest of the island. They had made up a jerry-rigged shopping cart with a cable and pulley system to bring supplies in and out of the village. In another segment the people living in another village dammed up the river so they could pour a homemade concrete mix to make a makeshift road through the river so they could come and go, albeit in four-wheel drive vehicles only.]

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Brent's a mid-western white boy. He's got electricity. He don't care if an island full of brown people somewhere way to his south doesn't. End of story.
                              You’re hauling some serious baggage my friend. Do you really want to come off as a self-righteous p****, or talk out whatever is bothering you? It’ll be okay...
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                I don't? Huh. I never knew that about myself.

THE JOKE WAS MAKING FUN OF THE STUPID PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PR AND ITS STATUS IN RELATION TO THE US. GET IT?! IT'S CALLED SATIRE.

*sigh*
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X