Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Yes, it's a good time to make a joke when millions of people don't have power. Got it.

You are pathetic.
    Double whooooooosh. It was a joke directed at the folks who don't know that PR is a commonwealth and that they are part of the US. I thought you were smarter than that. Guess not.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Double whooooooosh. It was a joke directed at the folks who don't know that PR is a commonwealth and that they are part of the US. I thought you were smarter than that. Guess not.
      Dude, we are talking 1.5 MILLION Americans without power. You find comedy in that?

Wow.

And making excuses about that I'm not the one who is getting the joke? What other kind of suffering can we joke about?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        That site (which I posted a long time ago) traces power generation, not that it's actually getting to the population. So you know.
        And a small footnote says 55% of the households had power.

The Island had a poo poor infrastructure to begin with and one hopes the repair brings it up to 21st century standards. However, if any of the companies were also involved in the DC Metro "Safetrack", I seriously doubt it.

How much is the fault on Uncle Sam and how much is the fault of the local government(s)?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

The Island had a poo poor infrastructure to begin with and one hopes the repair brings it up to 21st century standards. However, if any of the companies were also involved in the DC Metro "Safetrack", I seriously doubt it.

How much is the fault on Uncle Sam and how much is the fault of the local government(s)?
          THEY’RE AMERICANS AND HAVEN'T HAD POWER FOR MONTHS.

What on earth is so hard to get about that?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You can provide power while overhauling the existing infrastructure to bring it up to "21st century standards".

That we are not is the issue at hand.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Dude, we are talking 1.5 MILLION Americans without power. You find comedy in that?

Wow.

And making excuses about that I'm not the one who is getting the joke? What other kind of suffering can we joke about?
              Either you are too dim-witted to realize that the joke was pointed at the 'Muricans who are unaware that PR is part of the US, or you are simply refusing to see the joke is pointed at the 'Muricans who are unaware that PR is part of the US, because of who posted the joke.

It is not pointed at PR whatsoever.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Wow.

Good flipping god lighten the hell up. We make gallow humor jokes about stuff like this all the friggin time. (even during Katrina or Sandy) You people need to take the poles out of your asses and calm he F down. Someone quoting an old SNL bit isnt somehow disparaging what happened it is just making a joke.

Sorry guys but you sound like whiny college freshmen upset cause someone said something that hurt their feelings. You want to go after joe for being an insensitive X-tian I am all for it but Brent did zero wrong here.
                Last edited by Handyman; 01-01-2018, 01:47 PM.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Either you are too dim-witted to realize that the joke was pointed at the 'Muricans who are unaware that PR is part of the US, or you are simply refusing to see the joke is pointed at the 'Muricans who are unaware that PR is part of the US, because of who posted the joke.

It is not pointed at PR whatsoever.
                  They are going snowflake on the bit because they are equating your post to the people who actually think like your post. They dont get what the bit was when it was made and why it is relevant to what was being discussed.

They think you are being a Trumper, they dont realize you were mocking the Trumpers. (well the pre-Trumpers originally now the Trumpers)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    And just so we can all be proud, half of Puerto Rico still without electricity.

Making America Great Again. All you Trump apologists should be ashamed.
                    USVI is in the same boat but isn't getting the publicity. (not that PR is either)

Population. It was exposed in El Nuevo Dia a few weeks ago. Besides, does it really matter? We are 3 months since the hurricane, and some still don't even have water. Had this happened on the US mainland, heads would be rolling in Washington.

The response from this administration has been pathetic. They should have had a fleet of helicopters down there helping set up a new grid, but the Army Corps response has been really weak. And the Army Corps is directly under the command of dump.
                    I have friends who are on the Islands. It is still bad- no running H2O or power for many.

Why is this pertinent? These people are without power, water, and many without roofs. Do you really think asking this question about people in a mainland state would be on your radar? We are supposed to be a great nation. We don't behave like one anymore. If we had a real President who excelled in leadership instead of some self absorbed fool we would be trying to fix it instead of affix blame on the people without. He would be trying to remind people we help each other, we need to band together and support those in need. Instead we are reading about him playing golf and telling us how he is the greatest. Dam embarassing

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      They are going snowflake on the bit because they are equating your post to the people who actually think like your post. They dont get what the bit was when it was made and why it is relevant to what was being discussed.

They think you are being a Trumper, they dont realize you were mocking the Trumpers. (well the pre-Trumpers originally now the Trumpers)
                      Dingdingdingding.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        If we had a real President who excelled in leadership instead of some self absorbed fool we would be trying to fix it instead of affix blame on the people without. He would be trying to remind people we help each other, we need to band together and support those in need. Instead we are reading about him playing golf and telling us how he is the greatest. Dam embarassing
                        Yes. Thank you. In 2018 let’s point fingers less and listen more.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Yes. Thank you. In 2018 let’s point fingers less and listen more.
                          I would agree with that, and that goes for ALL people. Disagree? Fine. Let's talk it out. Nothing else is working, so let's give the long-shot a chance.

Comment

que?
                            What does the letter K have to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Comment

All the "fact checks" about how Hill-dawg didn't collude with the MSM: Wrong again. https://www.infowars.com/460861-2/
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-02-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X